Morbius fanclub

Lair

What I'm guessing at this point is that the top one in that image, that Kim Hagen sent us, is from an advance copy used to get feedback from a larger body of people closer to official publication. You guys obviously can't yet but if you compare the Pirate panels in the top one to the corresponding images in my copy of Klick #1, its apparent that they've been (slightly) redrawn to a higher standard of quality. If follows that Hagen could have been asked to restructure the first two pages for whatever reason, moving from the copy he shared to the copy I got before anything was actually published.

The third one was used for the introduction of the comic to a new audience in the premiere of World Club magazine in 97, so that they wouldn't be going in without any sort of backstory. It has the different time machine because at that point Timebuster had already made the switch to the Flybo in the Klick comics - but more on how that worked later.

Yeah, I was talking about the first two, I knew about the comic's expansion in '97. Shame the final version is so compressed, I like the outdoors shot of the time lab.

18 hours ago, jamesster said:

Yeah, I was talking about the first two, I knew about the comic's expansion in '97.

I figured! But since it was in the comparison image, I also figured "why not" and threw that into my post.

Anywho! Here are the first four comics. My thoughts below.

The first one is only two pages, then it gets bumped up to three, and then on the fourth one it moves to the four pages we are familiar with. Guess kids responded positively to it.

Why is he called Blackbeard. He has an orange beard. You colored the beard orange and you are calling him Blackbeard.

Islanders being called the Mist Tribe harkens to the audio dramas/comics. I know they were on the Island of Mist/s there, but were they actually called the Mist Tribe?

roger gets owned in what is probably the best piece of comedic timing we've seen from this comic

note: the time machine starts to be called Timebuster once Max gets to Aquazone

lol at the emo teen aquashark

The originals, if you want to see them. Last three should come tomorrow.

• Like 5

Awesome, thanks! Yeah, weird they're calling Ironhook "Blackbeard" here. Always fun to see more characters in this art style though.

MaelstromIslander
2 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Finally, another comic where the pirates are the good guys. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the upload, Pereki!

In a lot of media the pirates are the good guys, not just Gold Medallion. The only time the pirates were evil that comes to mind was LEGO Chess.

Great work on tracking down and translating these comics! It's neat to see the names of alternate universe Tim and Dr. Cyber. The pirate comic is quite consistent with the story established so far (aside from Blackbeard, of course)--the earliest US set stories had the pirates looking for the treasure of their ancestors. It's cool to learn more about Red Beard's family history.

Can't wait to see more!

TC

• Like 3

Okay, here we go! Last three English and original.

So let me break this down:

• #4 from Sept. 95 is the first to call anything in-comic "Timebuster," and it isn't the kid - it's the time machine.
  • The next one, from November, goes back to just calling the time machine "the time machine" and decides that the kid's name is Max Timebuster.
  • #6, the first 96 issue, conspicuously calls the kid just "Timebuster" repeatedly, leaving out "Max"
  • #7. The kid's shirt is changed from purple with an L to green with a T without explanation. The time machine becomes the Time Cruiser. Because this happens, he decides he needs to give himself a name that starts with a T. This apparently has nothing to with the new T on his shirt or anything else

so uh. thats. thats how he went from max to tim.

There are a couple of things still missing from the picture between here and the beginning of the World Club stuff: Ali/Ingo the monkey needs to be introduced somehow, and it sure would be nice if Tim could stop by the professor and at least let him know that he, like, didn't die or anything (it totally isn't going to happen though). The way these Klick ones are running is 8 pages per theme, and there should be about 20 pages (give or take) of the comic that we're missing. That leaves room for the 6 more Exploriens (and Spyrius?) pages, an 8-page Wild West arc, and ~6 pages for the Time Twisters.

Merry Christmas! One more year of me finding more of this stuff around this time and it'll become a holiday tradition.

• Like 5

And the letter on his shirt changes before the color. Lol. Okay then. I'm just not gonna question any of that.

Also it's interesting to see Exploriens in our own solar system, especially as that Prinzen Rolle promo comic has the theme on a planet called Aurum. What other story info do we have specifically for that theme? I know there was an online game of some sort that involves a world called Mondo II, but it required a login to play, so the web archives only have a brief description. I wanna say the theme was in at least one of the Time Cruisers audio dramas but I don't remember for sure. I think I remember something about a European magazine giving a different year for when the theme happens than the audio dramas...?

Thanks again for digging this stuff up!

Oh yeah, I hadn't really thought about the disparity between Jupiter and Aurum - I was too busy giggling at how Jupiter is apparently the largest planet in the universe.

They were in two of the Time Cruisers dramas, though one was only in passing. Looking back, from what I can tell neither really says much about who the Exploriens are or what they do - though they do name the leader Dr. Science (lol). I think you're thinking of this magazine - It puts them on planet Ika in 3200 AD and the leader is... Captain King? So add that to Nova Hunter and... uh... John.

I'm partial to the US depiction where the Exploriens are scanning for signs of alien life - it fits the most neatly with the fossil-finding functions in the sets. Though that might be what they're up to here in the Time Cruisers comic too, kinda hard to tell with what we have.

• Like 2

Dazzgracefulmoon

I really appreciate the effort that's gone into this stuff, It's always cool to see people preserve old, obscure pieces of media!

I'm also really digging the art style.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2015 at 10:15 AM, JHUYSER said:

I own the board game if you would like i could scan the board and cards in.

That's awesome! Is this the board game that was sold in stores, or the one that came with the magazines we've been discussing?

On 12/24/2015 at 6:39 PM, jamesster said:

And the letter on his shirt changes before the color. Lol. Okay then. I'm just not gonna question any of that.

Also it's interesting to see Exploriens in our own solar system, especially as that Prinzen Rolle promo comic has the theme on a planet called Aurum...I think I remember something about a European magazine giving a different year for when the theme happens than the audio dramas...?

We've got a couple of different dates and locations for Exploriens, though as a galaxy-spanning exploration team it shouldn't be surprising that they show up in different times and places. ;) The earliest known date is 3147, from this catalog, Pereki already sourced the year 3200, and while the Time Cruiser audio dramas didn't provide an exact year, it did state that Dr. Cyber was in their history books for inventing time travel--a new invention in the Time Cruiser's home year of 3777.

On 12/24/2015 at 7:15 PM, Pereki said:

I think you're thinking of this magazine - It puts them on planet Ika in 3200 AD and the leader is... Captain King? So add that to Nova Hunter and... uh... John.

Could be John King. ;)

Thank you so much for tracking these down and making them available to everyone! It's great to see this proto-theme story transform into the Time Cruiser's we've always known--I never expected that to happen! I think my favorite piece of Time Cruisers art is the Flying Time Vessel's arrival at Jupiter--cool stuff.

TC

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Ok so. This person has the first six issues of the French run of Klick magazine up for sale, spanning from April 96 to February 97. Considering the last issue I have from the Austrian run is March/April 96, and the German debut issue from Dark_Turtle's scans is March/April 97, we could very well be looking at the rest of the missing comics. Buuuuut I can't really justify dropping 10 bucks per issue, and I don't even know if this guy will ship to the US through that site. So yeah. Just thought I should mention this was a thing, I guess.

Always around Christmas this stuff shows up, huh?

• Like 5

Uhh. Hmm. Do we know anybody in France...?

Also, if anybody signs up for that site, might want to choose which email address you use carefully (assuming you have more than one):

Price Minister is notorious for its spamming behavior. This aggressive marketing strategy targets its customers who experience tremendous difficulty opting out from various mailing lists.

• Like 3

holy hell I totally forgot about this stuff, still going almost 4 years and 15 pages later all from a random comment on a wikipedia talk page, gog damn. looks like I still have some catching up to do.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BobaFett2 said:
  Hide contents

Is there a place where they are listed in order or are they just strewn throughout this topic?

Fush has an Imgur gallery with everything in order but I don't think she ever updated it with the ones I got last year. 

fake edit: yep it doesn't have the ones I got last year. For the time being though if you just go from this to this and then to Fushi's gallery you'll be reading everything we have in order of publication.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
CedricTheBullForever
On 1/14/2014 at 10:29 PM, Pereki said:

I don't remember anything about a relationship between the characters, but I've only read Castle Under Attack! I think BobaFett2 mentioned having the other, longer Knights' Kingdom book at some point, so maybe he would know? It would be kind of funny, since the Royal King had his cousin Rob N. attacking him from the Dark Forest, too. A family tradition of having an evil relative that covets your throne hiding out in the forest.

The Bricklink thing looks like a copy of LC:KK that would have come with those Prinzenrolle cookies. I guess that at this point we have to consider the Prinzenrolle Prince an official LEGO character. xD

Huh, cool. I don't think I've seen that particular image of the Chief before.

Cedric and Leo are not related. Leo might possibly be related to the Royal Knights king. But Cedric is not Leo's brother as they never refer to each other as brothers once in any appearances.

Cedric has two different backstories depending on what you read: A US Lego Mania Magazine says that he was one of Leo's knights that got a little hungry for power and betrayed Leo. Meanwhile in the manual for Creator KK and this Knights Kingdom book called Medieval Mischief and Mayhem instead says that he's actually the 13th son of some unknown king from a distant land thereby making him royal blood but with no relation to Leo. When the king died Cedric's 12 other brothers were all given a share of land to rule all except for Cedric.....gee no wonder Cedric want's Leo's land so badly? I believe the latter story is the canon one due to it being used in two different sources. Why didn't Lego make a castle theme focused on the kingdom Cedric came from and before he was an outlaw as a kind prequel theme to KK1? I'd like to see him in some royal clothing and the rest of his brothers. 

• 3 years later...

sup nerds.

With the support of @TalonCard and @lol username, I got a hold of the last few installments and have scanlated them. It's the rest of Exploriens and a 10-page stretch for Western. There's also Time Twisters, which has been around for a while but not covered in this thread.

you know i dont post here anymore, but it feels right to bring this back to where it started for the ending.

https://emilyinternet.zone/realms/ogel/buster/

happy holidays, and may time be kinder to you than Tim! and never let a crime monkey into your life.

• Lair changed the title to Morbius fanclub

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.