Whats behind that door in the cave

Cloudstrife987

Cloudstrife987

Here is a pic of behind the cave door,as you can see there is absolutely nothing there.

Cave_761517.PNG

lol username

... We've known this for years... The cave was going to be a tie-in with one of the five canceled Mindscape games, but as those never happened, there's nothing to really do there besides talk to Captain Click and click on the chest.

From what I heard, the cave was supposed to lead to another game, but that was scrapped.

So the cave was left as a teaser.

LimeKiller

EDIT: Woah, I've been double-ninja'd...

He he he....

Yes, we all knew this. I believe the cave door was going to be a portal to a sequel or something (Jamesster?) but due to time constraints the pirate was stuck in there instead. Obviously Jamesster knows much more about this than I do.

lol username

but due to time constraints the pirate was stuck in there instead.

Time constraints have nothing to do with this, and Captain Click wasn't "stuck in there instead". The other games simply were never made, and they were canceled when LEGO Island was released.
  • Like 2

Brickulator

If the island was real then surely the only thing that could be behind the door would be the racetrack? I wonder how much space the racetrack would actually take up under the island (and beneath the phanta sea  ;) )...

Brickulator

This could possibly explain why the Doctor is called a "madman" with a box.

If this isn't a madman with a box then I don't know what is...

box.jpg

• Like 3

RobExplorien

That just made me think...

THE ISLAND'S BIGGER ON THE INSIDE!

And that is one of the many things on the island, that always questioned me. One of the explanations I had, is that the track dome is situated under the mountain in the park, but that doesn't really work with the proportions of the actual track and dome.

Brickulator

I wonder if the Brickster bumped into Captain Click when he drove the ambulance into the cave? The only place he could have gone was behind that door.

Maybe he just had a drive around the track.

I didn't even know this cave existed :o

How? Captain Click tells you about it if you annoy him enough at the top of the Infocenter, and the Brickster chase makes you go right on the path to the cave. Unless... you've never played Lego Island before? :0
  • Like 3

lol username

One of the explanations I had, is that the track dome is situated under the mountain in the park, but that doesn't really work with the proportions of the actual track and dome.

I always thought it was an underwater dome... Hence the sky color changing from black to dark blue when you reach that area, then changing to black again when you go back into the caves, they were trying to make it look like the areas between the support beams were glass with water behind them or something.

Brickulator

Actually, I just had a look in-game and it looks like whatever might be behind the door could fit comfortably underneath the starting grid without touching the underground track. And I'd say that the dome is far too big to fit underwater, but it would be a decent distance out to sea. Should still be visible though. Anyone want to try to hack the game and copy the racetrack into the normal island model? :P

Actually, I just had a look in-game and it looks like whatever might be behind the door could fit comfortably underneath the starting grid without touching the underground track. And I'd say that the dome is far too big to fit underwater, but it would be a decent distance out to sea. Should still be visible though. Anyone want to try to hack the game and copy the racetrack into the normal island model? :P

That would be hard to pull off, since we currently lack the tools for it....

• 2 weeks later...

Rio and I were talking about the racetrack and where it is, and we think it goes under the Island, under the residential area. I mean, on the Island, you can't go through the doors on the race track, but if you look carefully, you can see the road extends just a little bit. In the race, after that extension, you go through another pair of doors, and take a drop. It is during that drop you and the racers and track shrink, and you race underneath the residential area (and it was made that tall to fit everything). This explains how large Captain Click is, as well as the giant bug. You grow back to normal size as you climb the hill leading to the doors back to the Island surface.

tl;dr The race is not under the Phanta Sea, it is under the residential area, and you shrink/grow during the race, but don't exactly know it.

lol username

I'm not convinced - there's no indication of that anywhere, not even a slight attempt at a visual effect, even on the minimap. Also, those giant pizzas with skeleton conquistadors running around on top of them? They also appear in the ending victory video, on the main roads of the island, and just as massive there as they are on the track. There's also no indication that the giant skeleton is Captain Click; it's just the generic skeleton conquistador model scaled up. Captain Click didn't actually appear anywhere until LEGO Island 2 GBC and Soccer Mania - in LI2 GBC, he was a skeleton conquistador with a modified helmet, in Soccer Mania, he was a pirate skeleton with an eye patch.

the giant bug

... That's an octopus. :|

This could possibly explain why the Doctor is called a "madman" with a box.

If this isn't a madman with a box then I don't know what is...

box.jpg

That's a cube. And it's not even HIS.

"OH MY YES. YOUR SCORE CUBE."

• Like 2

Brickulator

That's a cube. And it's not even HIS. "OH MY YES. YOUR SCORE CUBE."

The TARDIS is an infinite dimension contained in a cuboidal shell, but it's still a box. I'd say the much smaller, much more box-shaped score cube is more of a box than the TARDIS. But then again, knowing the Infomaniac, there could be anything inside. It does float after all D:

The Brickster

One of the explanations I had, is that the track dome is situated under the mountain in the park, but that doesn't really work with the proportions of the actual track and dome.

I always thought it was an underwater dome... Hence the sky color changing from black to dark blue when you reach that area, then changing to black again when you go back into the caves, they were trying to make it look like the areas between the support beams were glass with water behind them or something.

I also think so. By the way, the shark in that dark blue area is behind the support beams, like it's swimming outside the glass in the Phanta sea.

• Like 1

Rio and I were talking about the racetrack and where it is, and we think it goes under the Island, under the residential area. I mean, on the Island, you can't go through the doors on the race track, but if you look carefully, you can see the road extends just a little bit. In the race, after that extension, you go through another pair of doors, and take a drop. It is during that drop you and the racers and track shrink, and you race underneath the residential area (and it was made that tall to fit everything).

That... really doesn't make sense. Plus the track is long and thin, so that would be a lot of dimensional twisting.

This explains how large Captain Click is, as well as the giant bug.

What's not to say it's just a generic skeleton? I mean, Click looked like a generic skeleton in LI2, though he was given a unique look in Soccer Mania, but there are lots of other skeletons on the island identical to that... like the two rolling around on the giant pizza that AREN'T giant. Nor is the firetruck giant. And the space shuttle and flying shark (!!!!) are actually undersized.

...bug? >.<

lol username

I also think so. By the way, the shark in that dark blue area is behind the support beams, like it's swimming outside the glass in the Phanta sea.

li1_dome_is_underwater.png

Yep, that confirms it. It swims around outside all of the support beams, never going inside. The dome is underwater. Case closed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.