Modernised LEGO Racers Logo

Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime

When the modding scene for LEGO Racers exploded, I found it appropriate to create a new, updated version of the original LEGO Racers logo (because we all know that the Drome-style logo isn't anywhere near as awesome).

Anyway, here it is:

gallery_3185_312_88731.png

I've created a Test Track and Main Menu texture from it, which you can PM me for if you're interested.

• Like 2

Brickulator

The Racers text looks really nice. Shiny and modern but still in the classic style with the flag and the trophy.

The LEGO logo looks a bit weird though, the shading in the letters in particular. Surely it would be better to keep the standard version?

Olivus Prime

Yeah, I just modified the LEGO logo for the heck of it - the regular version looked a little bland next to the shiny new Racers logo. I was always on the fence about the shaded letters, good to get an exterior opinion on it!

The Racers text looks really nice. Shiny and modern but still in the classic style with the flag and the trophy.

The LEGO logo looks a bit weird though, the shading in the letters in particular. Surely it would be better to keep the standard version?

I agree with Brickulator. The words Racers is nice but the Lego logo just doesn't look right.

Olivus Prime

I also created a new, brighter background for the menus, based upon this wallpaper:

gallery_3185_312_76127.png

The bar at the side confuses me slightly, since the texture is the right resolution.

Nice textures! They make the menu look nicer, although if there is a way to change the text colour (I'm sure there is, it's an overlay to the white BMP font file), that would help.

Perhaps the black bar is there because the texture is actually squished slightly? Try increasing the width of it.

Brickulator

That menu looks awesome, but I agree with Jimbo - if possible maybe try changing the colour of the text and cursor.

It's a shame the menu doesn't resize with changing resolution.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.