The Great Kanohi Project

Prototyke

Due to April foolishness this mask is posted late. Oh well.

Hydraxon isn't actually wearing a mask, so I guess this is his face...

The gas-mask chin explains how he breathes underwater, but he really needs to eat. His cheekbones are a bit over-prominent.

tjVQl4C.png

Ignoring the fear to have too many long names, we'll just say it the mask of ruining-some-random-matoran's-life-when-thier-identity-is-(almost)completely-overwritten-when-you-are-brought-back-to-life-since-you-are-stupid-and-got-stuck-in-"heaven"?-but-are-a-really-good-prison-guard-and-no-one-likes-the-pit-anyway-so-you-just-get-stuck-down-there-again. I think that just about sums Hydraxon up.

• Like 2

I can't give you much feedback as I don't have the mask/face, but I must say that he looks like Bob Skull from MLN. :P

I forgot that I had homework, so the color isn't completely done (it's supposed to be mottled red & black), but I think that the shading is pretty much finished.

The Jutlin:

RMj5VUu.png

• Like 1

*hugs the jutlin* Ah, but in all seriousness, excellent mask. As a long time fan of the Makuta, this brings joy to me. :3

Though I was expecting a Nuva mask, great job. :P

The shape and shading are perfect, the only thing missing is the black. (also I believe it was a darker red, but maybe that was an effect of the black.)

*hugs the jutlin*

That would hurt. It's pointy.

As a long time fan of the Makuta, this brings joy to me.

Of course you are. The bad guys are always cooler*.

Though I was expecting a Nuva mask

I don't have all the masks, so any series that only have 4 or 5 of them completed mean I am missing the others. I'd be glad if anyone who has the missing masks would take photos of them for me to work off of. If you're up to it, PM me. I'll give you details about the angles and lighting I need for it.

also I believe it was a darker red, but maybe that was an effect of the black.

You are correct. I often use a lighter color at first so I can easily see what I'm shading, then change it darker once I add the second scheme. Let me know if I have it correct now.

The completed Jutlin:

yBw1JfB.png

Getting that transition color is pretty tricky. You all think it's fine?

*This is not always true, but usually.

• Like 1

I don't have all the masks, so any series that only have 4 or 5 of them completed mean I am missing the others. I'd be glad if anyone who has the missing masks would take photos of them for me to work off of. if you're up to it, PM me. I'll give you details about the angles and lighting I need for it.

Well, I have the great Rau. Somewhere. 

The completed Jutlin:

yBw1JfB.png

Getting that transition color is pretty tricky. You all think it's fine?

Looks incredible, as usual. The colors are right, and the transition doesn't seem forced. Good job. :D

Quisoves Potoo

Berix needs to paint his mask. He looks like he was just scavenged.

n5QeOpv.png

Berix? I  believe that this is Kiina's mask.

That aside, bravo! Yet another impressive addition to your works. I particularly like the texturing.

I had started working on Berix and then changed my mind and did Kiina's, but I didn't change the name. Thanks for the correction.

I hate seeing Bionicle stuff because it makes me sad that it is no more.

I, on the other hand, love seeing Bionicle stuff because it makes me glad it ever existed. I am just as sad that its gone though.

glorious

It's off-topic but there are some words that I just really like the sound of and for some reason glorious is one of them.  Just thought I would throw that out there. Don't get any ideas and start spamming me with it now.

Its early and it a double post, but I'm going to be unable to access the internet until Tuesday, so deal with it.

I haven't had time to prepare a mask, hopefully i'll post one mid-week next week, but in the meantime I have some Easter-y (as in commercialized Easter) recolors of my favorite masks. Enjoy

bwHhp8k.png

2Zlhj6Q.png

W1GEz4t.png

rqsoJv8.png

vCKcehP.png

LiO3eC8.png

H8sMnoM.png

okfGG4d.png

They were all recolored into red, blue, yellow, and green only.

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any eye or mental damage caused by these masks. Any other damage caused by them shouldn't be able to happen anyway, so we are not responsible for it. Please enjoy the rest of your day.

• 2 weeks later...

I am back far too long later with a mask I have been saying I'll make since the start and haven't yet. It was because of the demonic forces of mega-bloks, mechs, Brocks, goats, umbras, toadstools, mega-bloks, disproportionate eternally-youthful Japanese cartoon characters, bots, dumpsters, dumpster divers, and the mega-bloks in the dumpster-dove dumpster. (Try saying that three times fast.)

I present the mask, not of timeliness, but of Light.

Avohkii

U8iwRAg.png

• Like 3

Prototyke

I was a bit worried about this one, but it looks WAY better on a grey background. phew.

We have here another Miru. Tanma's this time. I suppose that since he's an av-matoran, it would originally be gold and just changes to match his disguise.

gxGYZIx.png

I just realized that this is my fourth post in a row. hmmmm....   There is an average week between each one though, so I guess its fine.

• Like 2

Guurahk204

Wow, I've been forgetting to reply to this topic for some time. xD

The Easter-y masks look great, even though they kinda hurt my eyes and make me go insane. :P

The Avohkii looks perfect as well. I just noticed it kinda looks like a bug from top view. 

Tanma's Miru looks a bit off, but I don't know exactly what it is.

Prototyke

Wow, I've been forgetting to reply to this topic for some time.

Quite alright.

make me go insane

Always glad to contribute.

I just noticed it kinda looks like a bug from top view. 

I think I need to make a Bionicle bug with a Avohkii carapace now.

Tanma's Miru looks a bit off, but I don't know exactly what it is.

I think I made the darks too dark. Do you think that is it? I think I got the shape of it right, but I never can see the faults with my own work right after working on it.

Guurahk204

I just noticed it kinda looks like a bug from top view. 

I think I need to make a Bionicle bug with a Avohkii carapace now.

Yes you do. 

Anyway, on a second look, Tanma's mask looks right. Not sure what I saw the first time. xD

MaelstromIslander

You forgot to make Nokama's mask when you were making toa metru masks. :P (The reason i'm telling you this is because i'm making a huge image containing all the masks you made) By the way, i love this to the point where i want to use them as sprites for a game. :P

Guurahk204

(The reason i'm telling you this is because i'm making a huge image containing all the masks you made)

Great minds think alike, I was doing the same thing. xD

MaelstromIslander

(The reason i'm telling you this is because i'm making a huge image containing all the masks you made)

Great minds think alike, I was doing the same thing. xD

Well, at least someone had to make that "Gallery where you can see all the beutifulness in one place" :P

draw a fused Krakkahn and Avoki (from Bionicle movie 1)

tn_gallery_8961_436_1279.png

You're welcome.

Prototyke

You forgot to make Nokama's mask when you were making toa metru masks.

That is because I, unfortunately, don't have it. As I've said before, any sets (like six masks belonging to one series of toa) that only have 4 or 5 done means that I don't have the rest.

Gallery where you can see all the beutifulness in one place

I've been meaning to do that, but just haven't decided on a good way to lay them out. I'd like to see what you come up with.

i want to use them as sprites for a game.

Do tell. I'm not saying you can use them yet, but I would like to hear more.

~snip~ You're welcome.

Besides the fact that they don't line up very well, the fused mask is actually  very different than the plastic pieces. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=48419 is the movie version of the Kraahkan, and it was the face (vs. the lizard-y alternate face thing that I use as an avatar) that was fused with the Avohkii. I like your enthusiasm though. 

Anyway, on a second look, Tanma's mask looks right. Not sure what I saw the first time

Hmmmm...  So long as it looks alright.

O.T.

Guurahk204 said "Great minds think alike"

Doesn't really have to do with this, but that's sort of a dumb saying. Great minds are great because they think up what hasn't been thought of before.

MaelstromIslander

That is because I, unfortunately, don't have it. As I've said before, any sets (like six masks belonging to one series of toa) that only have 4 or 5 done means that I don't have the rest.

mIb54v07Btnu419TEoBj1MQ.jpg

Just modify the now-nokama's mask, recolor it to have the colors of Gali's mask, and behold, you've got nokama's mask (Even though the movie version is very different, you should just do this one)

Prototyke

Thanks for the picture, however there are two lighting positions I use to get it how I want. The one you uploaded is the first, but I also need lighting from the front and slightly above. The picture below displays the angles I would need. You got me the one on the left. I need the one on the right. If you are willing to get that photo too (or anyone else who wants to help fill in the gaps), you can just edit your post or PM it to me.

4PxU77x.png

Just modify the now-nokama's mask, recolor it to have the colors of Gali's mask, and behold, you've got nokama's mask (Even though the movie version is very different, you should just do this one)

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry. If I confused you about movie vs. physical masks, I was only talking about the Kraahkan/Avohkii which is only in the movie. I always do the physical version if it exists. If what you said is important, please clarify for me; I don't want to be left out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.