Fush

gallery_6559_313_20401.png

My first RR drawing

gallery_6559_313_24994.png

gallery_6559_313_28310.png

gallery_6559_313_60561.png

My first attempt at drawing Sparks

gallery_6559_313_26153.png

Conrad Price, from my fanfic Conrad's Journal.

Feedback please?

Both comments and questions are nice.

NEW:

med_gallery_6559_313_50623.jpg

The tool store.

Some great drawing, if only you were around when we did fan art comps.

Suggested improvement would be to bring the legs a little closer together.

Some great drawing, if only you were around when we did fan art comps.

Suggested improvement would be to bring the legs a little closer together.

Never heard about any fan art comps, but you could always do another one :P

I'm glad you like it.

As far as the legs go, and I hate it when people use this excuse, but that's just my personal style. I'm not exactly shooting for realism, and proportionality there are more egregious issues. I may bring them a tad bit closer together, but so long as it doesn't look bad it doesn't have to be too realistic.

Honestly I'm surprised you didn't point out the many other issues. The outline is shoddy and rough, there are a few spots I forgot to color, the details on the helmet are flat and awkward, the entire head is awkwardly placed, the shading is inconsistent, the feet are mismatched, some of the smaller details are indistinguishable, et cetera.

But hey, it's easier to criticize one's own work than it is someone else's.

This looks great, the colours and details are nice and you've transformed the character into your own style well. The clothing doesn't need to be identical as I'd assume there are variations in uniform. I like how the outlines have been left a little scratchy, that adds to the dirty feel of Rock Raiders.

I look forward to more artwork from you.

Drill Master

I... hate it. I absolutely, positively hate it.....

Just kidding I think it's awesome! The design is cool, and I like how he has that serious look on him. Way better than the clueless smile we know and love. I think if "a slimey slug is invading your base", he wouldn't be the one to stand there as the slug sucks up all your energy and offer it a sandwich. The legs are ok to me as I think they fit well. Hmm, not much I can give as far as stuff needing to change or improve. I say good work. I really like it. You get The Official Star Rating of the Drill Master: [* * * * * 5/5 Stars] ;)

I felt like drawing a female, so...

gallery_6559_313_34942.jpg

I don't want to tackle the main characters yet, I didn't want to do a pilot 'cause Jet, and I couldn't remember the uniforms for the other jobs, so I did another standard raider.

This one was actually easier because I had already done the first one as practice.

I altered the vest a bit, this time basing it more off of Sparks's outfit.

As with the first one, I only had my 3DS to take a picture, will have higher-quality upload tomorrow.

• Like 3

No-one has commented on your second picture yet? WHAT IS THIS?!?

Wow that second drawing is a lot better than your first, and your first was decent. The legs have improved greatly, well done.

I was always told never to draw on lined paper - should I become a world famous artist, it wouldn't be as valuable. Yeah...

Anyway, great drawing, and you've communicated her attitude well. This is a definite improvement from the previous :) I'd like to see some different tools, I reckon she would have looked nice with those scanner binoculars (I don't know the name).

Added scanned/colored Female Raider to OP.

Wow that second drawing is a lot better than your first, and your first was decent. The legs have improved greatly, well done.

MustnotmakejokeaboutCyremlikinglegsMustnotmakejokeaboutCyremlikinglegsMustnotmakejokeaboutCyremlikinglegsMustnotmakejokeaboutCyremlikinglegs...

I was always told never to draw on lined paper - should I become a world famous artist, it wouldn't be as valuable. Yeah...

Anyway, great drawing, and you've communicated her attitude well. This is a definite improvement from the previous :) I'd like to see some different tools, I reckon she would have looked nice with those scanner binoculars (I don't know the name).

Yeah the shovel was a cop-out, honestly. I was gonna give her something a different tool, but wasn't really sure how or what. I'll try something different next time.

Added scanned/colored Female Raider to OP.

LIES! All of it!

Something went wrong, the edit didn't save for some reason. It's there now, though.

Drill Master

How did I forget to leave a comment on her?! I saw the picture, thought about it, liked it, and left without commenting?! What kind of horrible person am I?!

*Finds nearest bridge. Jumps.*

Getting back on topic here, she looks great. She looks as if she is ready to get the job done. Now that I can see both pictures in color, I must say that I do like the green vest on her a little better than the grey vest on the man. To me the orange and green work together, and the green gives it a somewhat militaristic feel about it. Again, nothing I can see that needs changed or fixed with her. Great job. Keep up the good work.

The Official Star Rating of the Drill Master: [* * * * * 5/5 Stars]

Now that I can see both pictures in color, I must say that I do like the green vest on her a little better than the grey vest on the man. To me the orange and green work together, and the green gives it a somewhat militaristic feel about it.

Plus it has the added bonus of looking less like a rebel pilot

I essentially copied Sparks's vest for this one, which is why it ended up as green.

I like the green better as well, but I eventually want to end up with a vest that is both grey and green with a little orange thrown in, instead of solid color.

BTW, I used a different shade of orange entirely by accident. It actually looks better.

In other news, I changed the title to a (hopefully) less ambiguous one.

Also, I am open to suggestions for my next one. Still not doing the main characters yet but if someone wants to see something specific in the next one I'll try to deliver.

Drill Master

The nerve of that guy.... eating a sandwich.

Hmm. This is like a colorful punch in the face, in a good way. You know, like when your friend dips his hand in paint and punches you in the jaw, and you get mad but then he make a funny face and you laugh so hard that you habbabbabalblahh........

But yes, I like it very much so. The clash of colors, the fine details, the improper handling of explosives. I like the Rock Raiders symbol on the back of the uniform. Nice touch. Have you concedered making a fan fiction story ore something? I think these would work well not so much as  a comic, more on the lines of a graphic novel perhaps? I'm just throughing ideas around. And your shading is great. Really good proportionally. Well I think that about does it. Great Job.

• Like 1

Hmm. This is like a colorful punch in the face, in a good way. You know, like when your friend dips his hand in paint and punches you in the jaw, and you get mad but then he make a funny face and you laugh so hard that you habbabbabalblahh........

._. What.

Have you considered making a fan fiction story ore something?

Typo or intentional pun?

Anyway, I dunno. While I do consider myself to be a decent writer, I have a certain distaste for fanfiction. I don't like the idea of screwing with someone else's IP in ways it was never meant to be screwed.

Fancomics, on the other hand, I have no issue with for some reason. Something about the medium is just... I dunno.

Anyway I do not wish to write a Rock Raiders story. I would consider drawing a comic if someone else wrote the story for it, though.

Drill Master

._. What.

>Have you considered making a fan fiction story ore something?

Typo or intentional pun?

Anyway, I dunno. While I do consider myself to be a decent writer, I have a certain distaste for fanfiction. I don't like the idea of screwing with someone else's IP in ways it was never meant to be screwed.

Fancomics, on the other hand, I have no issue with for some reason. Something about the medium is just... I dunno.

Anyway I do not wish to write a Rock Raiders story. I would consider drawing a comic if someone else wrote the story for it, though.

Yes it was a pun. I can write a story for you. I'm decent whith writing stuff.

It's not as much an issue of quality of writing as it is I don't trust myself with handling someone else's characters. I don't know enough about the franchise beyond what's shown in the PC game.

I'm not committing to anything yet.

BTW, I noticed halfway through that this latest picture is very similar to the first panel of the first 'Insane Raiders' comic. Damn my subconscious.

Pranciblad

It's not as much an issue of quality of writing as it is I don't trust myself with handling someone else's characters. I don't know enough about the franchise beyond what's shown in the PC game.

Hey, neither do I, and I'm still writing RR:I anyway. I figured it would be better not to worry, and just have fun making my own characterizations. It's lego-- the official story has always been meant at a backdrop for your imagination, and that imagination doesn't just stop at plastic bricks. Go ahead, try it. No-one beyond yourself even has to read it. If its good enough to publish, do it. If not, it's no loss. Just sit down and try writing.

Hey, neither do I, and I'm still writing RR:I anyway. I figured it would be better not to worry, and just have fun making my own characterizations. It's lego-- the official story has always been meant at a backdrop for your imagination, and that imagination doesn't just stop at plastic bricks. Go ahead, try it. No-one beyond yourself even has to read it. If its good enough to publish, do it. If not, it's no loss. Just sit down and try writing.

When you put it that way...

I suppose I might try it some time. I won't go near the named characters though.

I think I'll probably try doing some comic strips though. I mean I am focusing on my art right now.

Again, I must emphasize that my issue is not with my writing itself but with the subject matter. I could write a story easily- but I'd probably get everything possible wrong as far as canon goes. Hell, I already made a mistake like this in the LMS thread where I claimed that the LMS Explorer did not run on Energy Crystals prior to the incident...

But of course that's what the generic units are for.

I don't need to get into the backstory stuff if I just focus on the day-to-day antics of generic ground troops as they go about their business.

But that's for another time.

ATM I'm more concerned with showing off my art and maybe getting a little feedback on it.

Love the third one! But note that Rock raiders 1) cannot sit and 2) can only carry one dynamite due to safty constraints.

Great work on Sparks, you've drawn his details well. Did you deliberately leave the hat/tools white? I like your take on the tools they use, elongating and changing their aesthetics.

Sparks' face does seem a little off to me though. Not sure what it is, unless it's the style of art.

Great work on Sparks, you've drawn his details well. Did you deliberately leave the hat/tools white? I like your take on the tools they use, elongating and changing their aesthetics.

Sparks' face does seem a little off to me though. Not sure what it is, unless it's the style of art.

Yes, I deliberately leave the tools white, since they are simply supplementary, and not meant to be the focus of the picture. Plus I think it looks cool >_>.

I wouldn't know what's wrong with the face either, though I do agree it's a little off.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.