• Other (Explain)
  3. 3. If you buy Online, why?

• More sets to look at
    • Easier
    • Cheaper
    • I like getting things in the mail
    • No stores near me
    • Other (Explain)
  4. 4. In what condition don't you mind buying sets?

• Brand New
    • Near New (Opened, But Complete)
    • Used (All pieces, no box)
    • Missing Parts
    • Damaged Parts (All parts though)
    • Damaged Parts (Missing parts aswell)
  5. 5. If you buy Online, what is your favourite site?

• Official LEGO Store
    • Bricklink
    • Ebay
    • Chowrentoys
    • Amazon
    • Bricknet
    • Other
  6. 6. Custom Sets/Bricks

• I buy custom sets/bricks if they look good
    • I don't like custom sets/bricks generally... but maybe.
    • I buy them, I love them.
    • I only buy official LEGO sets and bricks.

So how do you buy your LEGO? I'm interesting in seeing what the majority of RRU members do when it comes to buying LEGO.

If you don't buy LEGO, don't choose anything.

As I don't know what shops exist in your country, if you buy in-store, what shop do you mostly buy at?

I usually buy Official Lego sets from the Lego Store in the mall if they have it.  If they don't then I order it from their site.  I mostly buy parts off ebay as I am usually building some technic thing and it requires specific pieces that are either out of production or a need a certain amount of them.

lol username

I buy modern sets at LEGO stores, Toys R Us, etc and occasionally retired sets/pieces/minifigures on Bricklink - mostly minifigures, I love collecting the little guys. I don't mind used stuff so long as it's in good condition.

I like to buy sets in real shops, mostly because you can see what they really look like, and because it feels better to do so. I would only buy online if I couldn't find the specific set anywhere or if it is out of production.

And to the condition question, I would never buy a set with crucial parts missing (If it is a minor thing, it would be alright). I could live with damaged parts though, as long as it isn't unusable.

RobExplorien

I sometimes buy in-store. The last time I did that is already two years ago. I rather buy online (on a 'Dutch version' of Ebay, cuts shipment costs), because that's the place were there's a wide range of offered vintage LEGO sets, which designs I love. If I buy, I always aim to buy a set with box.

I haven't bought in-store for a while, although it's not because there isn't one nearby - my brother buys sets occasionally at our 'local' LEGO store.

I prefer to buy online at Bricklink because the only current sets that particularly interest me are the Batman and LOTR sets, but even then I'm not that tempted. Instead I go for old, discontinued sets.

I refuse to buy on-line unless it's something so extremely awesome that I must have it. Frankly, LEGO isn't in that area for me.

But yeah, I'll pretty much take any LEGO I can get. Even damaged pieces I can use.

I haven't bought a set in years, but when I was a kid I got all my sets at Toys-R-Us.

These days I've been browsing for sets on Amazon but have yet to commit to purchasing anything.

The Ace Railgun

I gets most new sets at a Lego store, or Walmart/Target if they happen to have it. But for the most part from the Lego store, and if thre is a really old set,such as RR or Bionicle I go Bricklink.

I buy at LEGO stores and Bricklink. I'll also buy at Target. Anything new, I buy at a store. Anything retired, I buy online. I don't buy much as I haven't been able to find a job, but when I do buy, I like my sets to be complete. Boxes are nice, and I like having them, but I'm not going to blow my money on a sealed set a third of the size of what I want to buy. I'd rather spend that money on actual sets.

I do not buy custom parts. I've considered it, but it's annoying enough to buy things on Bricklink (which I love, I just hate purchasing online).

When I buy an old LEGO video game, it's usually on Amazon...because I have to spend my gift cards on something.

I buy at stores simply because it is a hassle for me to buy anything online. However, I haven't bought anything lately. What stores? Walmart, Target (if I'm near one). The nearest LEGO store is half a day's drive away (plus, there are only two in the entire state, and they are 45 minutes distance (never mind traffic) from each other.

Games? Almost always online. The legacy stuff is no longer in stores, and the stores nearby carry LEGO games for console only (and I'm a PC game, if you did not know).

Brickulator

I haven't bought any LEGO for years. Does that make me non-AFOL? D: Although I have occasionally been tempted by the minifigs blind bags, there have been some pretty awesome figs in those.

But as a kid I only ever bought stuff from shops - Toys R Us etc. Maybe very occasionally the LEGO store. And I'd always get something at Legoland whenever I went. And I always got loads of LEGO for birthdays and christmas. The only LEGO set I ever bought online was one of the Indiana Jones sets a few years ago, and that was the last LEGO I bought. So I never had any second-hand stuff, maybe it would have been cool to have got some of the older stuff but I only ever got current sets. I think the earliest set I have is Enchanted Island which was apparently released the year I was born so I don't actually know how or when I ended up with that. Ignore me, it was rereleased in 2001.

As for my LEGO games, I only ever bought them in shops, or received them as presents. So again, no second-hand stuff, hooray! Coincidentally, not only was the last LEGO set I bought an Indiana Jones one, but the last LEGO game I bought was Indiana Jones when it came out. That was also the last PS2 game I bought, as I got my PS3 a few months later.

Thanks, some interesting results coming through.

How do you purchase LEGO Sets, Cyrem?

Both online & instore. Whatever is cheaper at that time, I usually check both. If online, normally Ebay/Bricklink.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought quite a lot in store. Though i did also buy a ghood amount of sets through ebay and amazon as there usssually cheaper there ad you can sometimes get older sets there for a good price. I admit, i do sometimes buy sets from other brands if i like the pieces there, lol

• 2 weeks later...

I buy in-store when I go to the mall because they'res a LEGO store at the mall my family goes to. 

I buy online when I'm not at the mall. :3

• 3 months later...

I buy in-store because most sets aren't mailed to NZ. When I do, it's on Trademe. :P

And I never really saw the point of custom bricks... that's probably because I don't aspire to great things and don't find out that Lego doesn't produce a part that does whatever you need done.

• Cyrem unpinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.