Oh look, a screen shot I found on my who knows how old computer

Car CrazeXVI

Car CrazeXVI

I think you're one of the earliest people to break it.

Actually, this screen shot is quite recent.(Guess what happened to my laptop...)

Google Glass was started by this screenshot. (I know, I make REALLY bad jokes...)

"OK Glass, Break the game for me."

Google Glass was started by this screenshot. (I know, I make REALLY bad jokes...)

Now email them and say you came up with the idea first.

Addictgamer

Actually, this screen shot is quite recent.(Guess what happened to my laptop...)

Aww man. You should have played along and gotten the "First person to break LEGO Island" award AND the infomaniac's seal of approval :P

Aww man. You should have played along and gotten the "First person to break LEGO Island" award AND the infomaniac's seal of approval :P

Yea! But I think the whole reason we thought it was an early screenshot was from the title: WinNT. Windows XP+ is based on NT, which was originally the business side of Windows (consumer was 9x). So when you say Windows NT by itself, we all think :Oohhh! Pre-XP screenshot of Island breakage!

• 2 weeks later...
Car CrazeXVI

I think the whole reason we thought it was an early screenshot was from the title: WinNT. Windows XP+ is based on NT, which was originally the business side of Windows (consumer was 9x). So when you say Windows NT by itself, we all think :Oohhh! Pre-XP screenshot of Island breakage!

Well, the computer has XP on it now (I got it that way) but the sticker says on it was designed for Windows 2000 Professional and Windows N.T Work Station 4.0, which is why I always reference to it as that.

Did you play the game on a 1.0GHz Pumpkin by any chance?

Nope. 647 MHz. Also, the average framerate is 25 38-43.

O.T.

Edit: I completely forgot about those... switch... things.

• 2 weeks later...
Mr. Eight-Three-One

Going by what you said, it sounds like you have a Pentium III there, probably the 650 MHz model. That would mean it's from 2000, though calling it Windows NT is a bit of a stretch -- NT 4 is basically Windows 95 with the NT kernel slapped on it. Even the installation looks identical, right down to the background.

Did you play the game on a 1.0GHz Pumpkin by any chance?

Where can I buy these pumkins for gaming?

I already found them. They're called Pentium 4s. :P

WinNT is not based off of MS-DOS like 95 was.   And there were some Pentium III models that were quite fast.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.