LEGO Awesomeness

lol username

RobExplorien

It all looks so amazing. I always question myself how people manage to build such designs and set-ups. Probably requires time, talent, creativity, patience and a heck of a lot of money and space to build.

a heck of a lot of money and space to build.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is the chief reason why there aren't more of these out there.

RobExplorien

Seeing the 1973 brickfilm stop-motion reminded me of a series of other pretty old (looking) LEGO stop-motion videos. The fun thing is, no actual minififures are used here. Here is my favorite video of this series: LEGO Sports.

• Like 3

lol username

Interesting, I've seen that video but didn't know it was part of a series.

Though, that reminds me... Here's some old commercials and stop-motion animations telling short stories and such:

• 2 weeks later...

That's one heck of a set-up. I love it when the natural features of a display (in this case, the snow-covered rock) are pulled off just as nicely as the main elements.

Well, this isn't a huge model or anything, but being a huge fan of the Vanquish shooter game I think this a brilliant recreation of the main character:

5779620714_62a8ddf761.jpg

Here is the original character for reference. If someone could explain to me how this was constructed, that would be great. I've always liked single minifigures that have been turned into centrepieces of their own.

Here, let me explain. So the headpiece is two rubber bands wrapped around a white helmet. These rubber bands hold the little lever thing in place. As for the shoulder pads, I'm GUESSING that the way the arms are positioned pushes the two visors on his shoulders back, thus holding them in place. I suppose I could make my own to explain better if you need it. dunno if Im being clear enough or not.

EDIT: Also, in the Old Space commercial, the newsguy speaks Gibberish xD

Here is the original character for reference. If someone could explain to me how this was constructed, that would be great. I've always liked single minifigures that have been turned into centrepieces of their own.

Here, let me explain. So the headpiece is two rubber bands wrapped around a white helmet. These rubber bands hold the little lever thing in place. As for the shoulder pads, I'm GUESSING that the way the arms are positioned pushes the two visors on his shoulders back, thus holding them in place. I suppose I could make my own to explain better if you need it. dunno if Im being clear enough or not.

Thank you so much for explaining that. I can finally have my own Sam Gideon now.

Unfortunately so (But the only thing I like about 3D Studio Max is that someone used it to create awesome Portal shorts and songs).

Forgot.

(USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Edited by Cirevam
No he hasn't. But seriously, one-word posts are a bit... unacceptable around here.

It seems LEGO has thrown us another LEGO Island reference with 60023 LEGO City Starter Set, which seems pretty awesome to me. The skateboarding kid has a logo reminiscent of that of Island Xtreme Stunts on his skateboard, and the robber bears a general similarity to the Brickster. What is more, the set includes a comic book in which the kid thwarts the robber.

Brickulator

That is amazing and makes me really want to play through Infinite again. Although shouldn't Songbird's eyes be red in this situation?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.