LEGO Awesomeness

lol username

lol username

Seeing as we have a massive topic to dump amusing quotes in, I thought it might be cool if we had a topic to dump awesome LEGO stuff in - like, things people have posted on other sites, whether it's individual models, dioramas, 2D or 3D art, or animations. Anything LEGO related you find inspirational. I wouldn't go about posting your own stuff, though, we have a subforum for that - just stuff other people have made. Here's a little something to kick it off.

• Like 4

lol username

If you've never heard of Rymdreglage, allow me to introduce you to them. They make chiptunes and excellent LEGO stop-motion videos. Great combination.

A 3D animated LEGO Pirates video with some cool LEGO water effects:

... And a half-hour-long stop motion animation!

RobExplorien

I bet that some already know about this person, but he makes excellent stop-motionvideos. I'm talking about Michael Hickox. His stop-motions are among the best of LEGO stop-motions I have found on the internet so far. He uses creative and humorous elements in his stop-motions, and it has a good framerate. Below is one of his videos, it is one of his top five stop-motions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FAt7ze-QLQ

• Like 2

lol username

Ah, I've seen some of his stuff before, the pizza delivery ones I found pretty amusing. Though when it comes to humor in LEGO stop motions, I tend to prefer more... surreal things.

And speaking of pizza and surreal humor, this animation by Keshen8 had me cracking up laughing when I first saw it:

And of course, SpastikChuwawa is easily the king of surreal but hilarious LEGO stop motion animations:

And 0ldScratch...

And ZachMG...

... And so many more videos by those guys, and so many other guys with awesome videos, but it appears I can only embed four at a time. :P

• Like 3

Wow, I've seen some of those videos before, but combining them all into one thread... So much awesomeness...

Personally I love this Rock Raiders diorama. The cave has been constructed so well.

O.T.
Ha, when searching 'Rock Raiders Diorama' on Google, the first results were my Drome Racers diorama photos.
  • Like 1

lol username

Wow, I've seen some of those videos before, but combining them all into one thread... So much awesomeness...

Personally I love this Rock Raiders diorama. The cave has been constructed so well.

O.T.

Ha, when searching 'Rock Raiders Diorama' on Google, the first results were my Drome Racers diorama photos.
Oh, yes, very nice.

BTW, I'm just gonna add that if you're linking to something, it might be good to say who made it, in this case, DoNe - Here's the Flickr gallery.

O.T.

Oh, yes, very nice.

BTW, I'm just gonna add that if you're linking to something, it might be good to say who made it, in this case, DoNe - Here's the Flickr gallery.

Oops, I should have thought to link the gallery, I was too busy trying to get the full-res version.

Addictgamer

Here's a little something to kick it off.

-video snip-

Dude, those kinds of things. They're like my lego dreams come true.

If you've never heard of Rymdreglage, allow me to introduce you to them. They make chiptunes and excellent LEGO stop-motion videos. Great combination.

-video-

Ah, one of my favorite chiptunes.

http://icedune.deviantart.com/
This guy is the senior art director at the LEGO group, he has some awesome stuff on dA:

-snip
-snip-

http://lantlant.deviantart.com/gallery/
More cool LEGO 3D art:

-snip-

-snip

Those aren't cool. Those are awesome.

Now to share my own:

What's better than a Cthulhu? A LEGO Cthulhu.

cthulhu-lego.jpg

I don't know why, but I like how this minifig and his equipment looks.

lego-dd-custom-minifig-by-turkguy0319.jp

What's a good story without our intrepid heroes having to cross an old, creaky bridge.

lego-pcs-bridge.jpg

I'm sorry, those last two are the LEGO adventurer in me.

• Like 3

lol username

People who've done their research on LEGO Universe will probably have already seen all of this, but here's some concept art for the game.

First, some art by Peter Coene:

attachment.php?attachmentid=32817&stc=1&

Jerry Meyer:

youreeka_key_vis_colored4.jpg

Richard Tran and Jim Stigall:

BrickFury_richardtran.jpg

Mike Rayhawk:

lu_epsilon.jpg

LEGO Universe had a lot of other concept artists with a ton of awesome concept art, but I don't want to overload this post. Do some searching, and you'll find some incredible stuff!

Oh, and as long as I'm linking to Mike Rayhawk's site... BrikWars!

epic.jpg

spaceman.jpg

core_rules.jpg

grail.jpg

• Like 3

Brickulator

Gizmodo has been posting a lot of LEGO stuff recently: http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/tag/lego/

Reasonably Clever / Brick House is a LEGO webcomic that has been going for years. I've been reading it since I was like 12. It's still going, albeit not updated regularly as it used to be. I don't know how well known it is, but you can find it here, and you can start from the beginning if you have a lot of time to kill :P

lol username

Reasonably Clever / Brick House is a LEGO webcomic that has been going for years. I've been reading it since I was like 12. It's still going, albeit not updated regularly as it used to be. I don't know how well known it is, but you can find it here, and you can start from the beginning if you have a lot of time to kill :P

Ah, Brick House... Easily my favorite LEGO webcomic. I've been reading it since this strip.

Brickulator

Ah, Brick House... Easily my favorite LEGO webcomic. I've been reading it since this strip.

Oh wow, that was 3 years ago? Wow :P

Actually, if you go back a strip from that one you'll see a comment from me, haha. I've only commented on the comic a few times so that's quite a coincidence.

That's one heck of a set-up. I love it when the natural features of a display (in this case, the snow-covered rock) are pulled off just as nicely as the main elements.

Well, this isn't a huge model or anything, but being a huge fan of the Vanquish shooter game I think this a brilliant recreation of the main character:

5779620714_62a8ddf761.jpg

Here is the original character for reference. If someone could explain to me how this was constructed, that would be great. I've always liked single minifigures that have been turned into centrepieces of their own.

Addictgamer

Oh my, somebody made something awesome. It even has flashing lights. It could only be better if that were an actual laser.

And the omicron weeked, holy moly, I want one of those too.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.