Non-WYSIWYG editor?

Brickulator

Brickulator

Is there an option to disable the default post editor? I haven't really used IPB much for like 6 years and all other forum software seems to either have no fancy editor, or an option to disable it. But I cam't find an option for it here or on updated IPB boards. 

I'm not complaining, just asking if I'm missing something. It's just that after years and years of using BB code it's a little jarring to have to use such an in-your-face-pictures-everywhere editor.

Yea... besides using BBCode all the time, the WYSWYG editor is sometimes buggy.

2n6r994.png

That should help out. Just remember IP.Board has some custom BB Code (or so I hear...)

• Like 1

IP.Board has some custom BB Code (or so I hear...)

Most different software has there own few different codes (e.g Some of Zetaboard's BBCode is a little different) but they are generally pretty universal. I can add my own BBCode, and RRU does have a couple of custom BBCodes.

Anyway, to the main question, yes that little switch up the top left. Unfortunately, it will disable all the buttons in source mode. So you have to type the BBCode yourself(you can do this in non-source mode too). I prefer source mode, however CKEditor does not support a BBCode mode.

So yeah.

• Like 1

You might want to become acquainted with all the BBCode you'll want to use before using the non-WYSIWYG mode. The problem is that the IP guys seem to have changed how the BBCode is laid out, which played havoc with a lot of settings and knobs I had in place on my last signature.

I would have shown you an example, but nobb is broken, and the editor won't let me post without a proper image link...

I would have shown you an example, but nobb is broken, and the editor won't let me post without a proper image link...

What about the preformatted tags or code tags? Both show BBCode.

What about the preformatted tags or code tags? Both show BBCode.

:| THOSE WORK?!

To be fair, I completely forgot about preformatted. Why I didn't bother with code is beyond me...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.