Shot that Bats!

Exkajer

I was experimenting with new mod. Bats are very annoying (you all know that), but I dont want to just move "canscare" to false, because it must be to make bats normal part of game. But bats needed something which will let you fight with them, because big bangs dont work as good as we want. Ive tried, and my new mod worked. Here is the code from my modded cfg:

Bat {
            Levels                1
            RouteSpeed            4.0
            TrackDist            10.0
      CollHeight            10.0
            CollRadius            10.0
            AlertRadius            10.0            ; Alert radius (causes attack mode)
            RandomMove            TRUE            ; Random movement
            RandomMoveTime        10
            CanScare            TRUE            ; Scare away the player
            ScaredByBigBangs    TRUE
      ShowHealthBar        TRUE
      SplitOnZeroHealth
           TRUE

; Flock parameters.  Please block copy the whole section if adding to other things
            Flocks                TRUE            ; Set this to create a flock for this object.
            Flocks_Debug        FALSE            ; If this is set the actual lego objects animation is displayed at the "lego" position.
            Flocks_Smooth        TRUE            ; Smooths out the orientation of the flocks elements.
            Flocks_Size            12                ; Number of the given item in the flock.  (Default 5)
            Flocks_Turn            0.06            ; Turning speed of the bat. (0.06 default)
            Flocks_Speed        1.5                ; Velocity of the flock. (2.0 default)
            Flocks_Tightness    1.5                ; Tightness of the flock. (2.0 default)
            Flocks_GoalUpdate    2.0                ; How often the flocks goal is updated (25 per second).  (2.0 default)
            Flocks_Randomness    6.0                ; Randomness of goals. (2.0 default)
            Flocks_Height        17.0            ; Height above the ground of the flock elements.  (30.0 default)

CrossLand            TRUE
            CrossWater            TRUE
            CrossLava            TRUE
            EngineSound            SND_Bat

; Statistics about the weapons
            CanBeShotAt            TRUE                ; Can this monster be shot at by lego men
            CanFreeze            FALSE                ; Can this object be frozen
            FreezerTime            0.0                ; Time this object is frozen for
            FreezerDamage        0.0                    ; Damage that freezing causes
            CanLaser            FALSE                ; Can this object be lasered
            LaserDamage            0.0                ; Damage sustained by a laser
            CanPush                TRUE                ; Can this object be pusher'ed
            PusherDist            10.0                ; Distance the object is pushed 40=1 block
            PusherDamage        200.0                    ; Damage that the pusher gun causes
        }

Ok and how it works: pusher kills bats at one shot. Otherwise bats are flying forever, like always. I needed to choose one of the options of dying, because without it, bats didn't vanish. I had chosen "useholes" its a slugs code. That means this mod works properly only, if there ARENT ANY holes on map. If they are, bats will come to holes at start of mission.

I gave you code, maybe someone has better idea? Write here.

__

Edit:

Changed again to SplitOnZeroHealth

Bats move too fast to be shot at without a vehicle. It honestly would be better to make bats a peaceful creature and add a new bat that's slower and bigger and scared Raiders and can be shot with good timing.

@up this is not a problem, I was testing this mod and it works.

Mod doesn't work only if there are slimey holes on level. This is a problem,we need alternative method of bats death.

SplitOnZeroHealth TRUE

That's the line you need to add in order for monsters to properly die.

The three original monsters are hard-coded to spawn tiny monsters. Rock and Lava monsters spawn Tiny Rock Monsters, and Ice Monsters spawn Tiny Ice Monsters. Everything else spawns nothing.

I've changed to SplitOnZeroHealth. After shotdown, bat flock got stuck in one place. It was still scaring away rock raiders, it didnt disappeared. It was just flying/standing in one place where it was shot down.

SplitOnZeroHealth does not work. Im returning to "UseHoles". Any other ideas?

The .AE file for the bats, add a CRUMBLE activity (copy the code from the rock monster AE and just use one of the bat's existing LWS files until you can make one yourself).

Sorry I forgot to mention that. Do this to the bat.ae file in the CreaturesBat folder:

Lego* {

Scale                    1.0

Activities {

Activity_Stand                    Stand
        Activity_Route                    Route
        Activity_Crumble                Crumble

}

Stand {
        FILE        VLPbatidle
        TRANSCOEF    0
        LWSFILE        TRUE
    }

Route {
        FILE        VLPbatfly
        TRANSCOEF    0
        LWSFILE        TRUE
    }

Crumble {
        FILE        VLPbatfly
        TRANSCOEF    0
        LWSFILE        TRUE
    }

}
  • Like 3

Exkajer, if you're not done with bats yet, I was wondering if you could help me work on the flock parameters. I was thinking about making multiple fighter jets fly in a squadron, but some of the variables seem to act funny.

I am not even a programmer, Im just a fan of editing levels for games. I dont have any skill in that type of work.

• 7 months later...
RockRaiderWolf

I Don't Know whether it's possible but maybe someone could edit the sonic blaster bombs to actually deal damage to the bats and slugs. probably an idea already thought of but, I figured I might as well mention it.

• 5 years later...
MaxRideWizardLord

Subscribed to this thread. I also want bats to be killed by either of handgun and also electric fence. But I kinda want the code which works on all map, even the one with slug holes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.