Photo

Board Game.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

McJobless

O.T.
This all reminds me of a board game idea I suggested on the LMB. I think I called it Rock Raiders verses Power Miners...

Stay on Topic
A "Topic" is meant to house discussion about the original subject in the first post, do not start talking about something not related to the topic's purpose. You make ask an 'off-topic' question provided you main post contains something 'on-topic'.

ON TOPIC: Whatever happened to this? Did it work out?

Edrjune1

Edrjune1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Right now I am designing a card based free roam board game.  If any of you have ever played zombies, it's pretty similar.  I have some great dice made up and once I get the board made, I'll put up pictures.

Edrjune1

Edrjune1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Also, I think what would be really neat about this game is that you could adapt it to any lego set, be it space police or ninjago or any of them, especially larger sets like starwars, harry potter or lord of the rings.

Ben24x7

This might turn into what some of us already know as Brikwars.

Edrjune1

Edrjune1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Okay, so I know its been a long time since I have posted, but I moved, broke up, got back together, started school and started a new job...so who can blame me. Anyway, my neighbor and I are trying to revive the board game project. I have added to the inventory:

1 baseplate
4 hoverscouts
2 tunnel scouts
3 rapid riders
1 small mobile laser cutter
1 of each kabaya promos
100 energy crystals
40 ore
1 support station
15 electric fences.

With all of this, i am thinking it will be a cooperative game. There is no way that people could each build a support station, or some of the larger vehicles.

jamesster

jamesster

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

If someone would be so kind to also link the Brick Wars pdf too, that would be great as i can't seem to find it.

http://brikwars.com/...title=Downloads

Also contains (subjectively) hilarious and awesome wallpapers.

Edrjune1

Edrjune1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Thanks jamesster. I actually googled it and found it. I dont know why i thought it was gone forever when it wasnt on my computer. Of course i had to have found it in the first place.

Edit: I also grabbed one of the background for fun since you mentioned it!

Edrjune1

Edrjune1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Update:  So, I am looking at this for the gaming structure.

Each player starts out with a charcter of their choosing, but limited to what the bios on each character can do, until you can train raiders.

You will be cooperative, against a deck of situation cards, which will be drawn at the beginning of each turn.  They will vary in topic, like slimy slug attacks, rock monsters, landslides, etc.

One other neat feature will be the implementation of a timer to indicate drilling and moving times of raiders.  Again, I want to keep the sets involved as much as possible, but don't want to have the game spread too much.  Hopefully table sized.

Addictgamer

Okay, so I know its been a long time since I have posted, but I moved, broke up, got back together, started school and started a new job...so who can blame me. Anyway, my neighbor and I are trying to revive the board game project. I have added to the inventory:

1 baseplate
4 hoverscouts
2 tunnel scouts
3 rapid riders
1 small mobile laser cutter
1 of each kabaya promos
100 energy crystals
40 ore
1 support station
15 electric fences.

With all of this, i am thinking it will be a cooperative game. There is no way that people could each build a support station, or some of the larger vehicles.

'oly bumping bananas.

I approve of this topic Resurrection

Update:  So, I am looking at this for the gaming structure.

Each player starts out with a charcter of their choosing, but limited to what the bios on each character can do, until you can train raiders.

You will be cooperative, against a deck of situation cards, which will be drawn at the beginning of each turn.  They will vary in topic, like slimy slug attacks, rock monsters, landslides, etc.

One other neat feature will be the implementation of a timer to indicate drilling and moving times of raiders.  Again, I want to keep the sets involved as much as possible, but don't want to have the game spread too much.  Hopefully table sized.

So you're precluding any form of PVP?