• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Brickulator

Brickulator

Rolling round in tangerines

• Platinum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

A couple of days ago I stumbled upon an official LEGO Movie Maker app from TLG on the ios app store. It's been out for over a year so everyone might already know about it :P

I'm sure there's plenty of stop-motion apps out there but it's nice to have an official LEGO one. It's nothing fancy, there's just a couple of very basic effects and onion skinning. But it's free so why not? :) I guess this is the evolution of the old Studios software. I had a lot of fun with that back in the day so it's nice to see TLG are still supporting brickfilms. 

I used the app on my phone to make this terrible little test video:

There is a little bit of post production in there but you get the idea ;)

• Rock Raider fan no.1, EvaRocket, Le Vee and 2 others thanked this

Lair

Lair

Elite Member

• Crystal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

Now he'll need two hooks!

RobExplorien

I like that video, nicely done with the LR sounds.

jamesster

jamesster

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Now he'll need two hooks!

Captain Ironhooks?
  • Lair thanked this

Le Vee

I knew about that app. They released it to promote the release of LEGO Super Heroes toy lines, I believe.

JimbobJeffers

That's a great, funny video you've made there :)

I hadn't heard about this app, just another one that makes me wonder why I have an Android phone rather than an Apple one.

Rock Raider fan no.1

Rock Raider fan no.1

Hello condiment boy!

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

That is one funny video. I haven't heard of it either...

Le Vee

Just watched your video, it's funny. Only thing I would have done different: added the last (two?) notes on the last song. Other than that, I like it!

I like that video, nicely done with the LR sounds.

Agreed.

Brickulator

Brickulator

Rolling round in tangerines

• Platinum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Just watched your video, it's funny. Only thing I would have done different: added the last (two?) notes on the last song. Other than that, I like it!

I had it like that originally but it seemed to go on a bit long so I cut it out. Afterwards I realised it sounded weird, after years and years of hearing that music in full it doesn't sound right to end where it does :P