LEGO Batman: DC Super Heroes on iOS

lol username

lol username

TT Games isn't done with LEGO Batman 2 just yet. Along with the Wii U port of the game coming in May, today they've just released...

... an iOS version?

The "2" has been dropped from the title, but it seems to essentially be the same game. Which was based on a movie but released before it. Heck, the trailer even makes heavy use of footage from LEGO Batman 2.

The game has 80 characters to unlock, and yet more of the model-bashing stud-collecting gameplay we've had for eight years now.

Oh, but don't worry, if you don't want to spend all that time collecting studs through normal gameplay, you can now purchase virtual studs with real money through micro transactions!

I'm serious.

Sources: Touch Arcade

Oh, but don't worry, if you don't want to spend all that time collecting studs through normal gameplay, you can now purchase virtual studs with real money through micro transactions!

So I should spend real money to purchase in-game objects that I collect by the hundred-thousands as it is and have no actual use for since I don't care about all these things to buy and can just get the score multiplier x10 powerup to get more money? Sounds great to me!

So that's it. TT LEGO games are over. They have officially died with this announcement here. There is nothing left. They can't stoop any lower. They're done. I'm done. Goodbye LEGO.

• Like 3

Olivus Prime

^ Freaking epic.

But for goodness sake, when the heck are TT Games going to realise they can't use the formula forever? Oh yeah, that's right, when the money stops, which will be never. I'm amazed so few critics have noticed how stale these games are getting.

Car CrazeXVI

Is TT really that greedy?

I'm serious.

I mean... well, it is an iOS game, which are infamous for being micro transaction heavy. It's not like we are going to be seeing micro transactions like this in LEGO games elsewhere, right?

/optimist

if you don't want to spend all that time collecting studs through normal gameplay, you can now purchase virtual studs with real money through micro transactions!

jamie.png 

I mean... well, it is an iOS game, which are infamous for being micro transaction heavy. It's not like we are going to be seeing micro transactions like this in LEGO games elsewhere, right?

/optimist

I'm with Alcom on this one. TT Games =/= LEGO. TT has a (seemingly very free) contract with LEGO to produce and release video games based on LEGO themes. I'm pretty sure the micro-transactions were purely a TT Games idea and not necessary LEGO executives idea.

Plus, micro transactions don't work on PC ports. Unless they made their own "store" where you have to deliberately enter a credit card number to use mirco transactions, this will stay on iOS. And even if they did such a thing, that would surely bring about a massive outcry, since your computer usually isn't tied to one master account/credit cards, while your mobile device (be it iOS or Android) is all the time.

lol username

Just wanna toss something else in here.

Funcom's LEGO Minifigures MMO. It's free-to-play, so it's gonna have to have some other way of bringing in money.

Time shall tell.

Just wanna toss something else in here.

Funcom's LEGO Minifigures MMO. It's free-to-play, so it's gonna have to have some other way of bringing in money.

Time shall tell.

Yeah, I noticed, though as I was trying to /optimist and expected someone else to point that out, I decided to leave it out.

Free-to-play or Pay-to-play. Pick one, LEGO.

IT'S FREEEEEEE /terrible things

or maybe this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.