LDD Lags Upon Zooming In

Drill Master

Drill Master

I was wondering if anybody was having this same problem where you zoom in, the more lagged LDD becomes. I just noticed it cause I'm working on my next build which has tiny pieces in it. Please help.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

I think I have a hunch of what may be going on for you though first I have a few questions...

A. What sort of pieces were you zooming in on, round/pole, regular bricks, or technic?

B. Under preferences, do you have have Advanced Shading, High-quality rendering of bricks placed in the scenes, High-quality rendering of bricks in the Brick Palette, or Outlines on bricks on?

C. Are there a large amount of transparent parts in the scene?

• Like 1

Drill Master

A: zoom in on flat tiles.

B: yes

C: no

looked at B. remembered that I turned them on the other day. turned them off. problem fixed!

lol username

Even on the lowest settings, with all effects and advanced rendering disabled, the framerate does drop for me when zoomed in - like, from 60 FPS to 20 or even 15 FPS depending on how close up I am. Doesn't matter what the model is or what pieces it contains.

• 3 weeks later...

I also get a lag upon entering close up. Could it be a "feature" to try make moves more precise?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.