Beta speedometer

RobExplorien

RobExplorien

I've seen that the speedometer looks different in the beta version of LEGO Racers, and thought it'd be nice to re-create this speedometer. So here it is. The indicator is not yet set in 'beta-style' though.

4W8HEdg.png

RobExplorien

Hm, looking pretty good. A bit smaller than the original, but I'm not sure that can be helped.

Thanks. It might be able to enlarge the whole 'box' in which the speedometer and map are located, but I wouldn't know how. And simply enlarging the meter wouldn't make the indicator align with the rest of the image, but you probably knew that already.

RobExplorien

Now we know how many kilobricks an hour we are going.

Or studs per minute.

EDIT: Make that studs per second.

The Ace Railgun

According that brickometer you are going 6 bricks per minute or would it be hour? And what happens in the red? Do cars start randomly exploding?*aquires random useless probably impossible mod idea* I got an idea! And no I'm not using whales...

According that brickometer you are going 6 bricks per minute or would it be hour? And what happens in the red? Do cars start randomly exploding?*aquires random useless probably impossible mod idea* I got an idea! And no I'm not using whales...

When they're in the red, they start going fast?

That's a pretty big brick.

RobExplorien

Chance of a release of this awesome mod any time soon?

I'm going to release it as the bonus feature in my map revamp project. That release might be next week, but I say 'might' for a reason. I'm not too sure if I can change the indicator to 'beta-style' though, as it is made up of two different parts (red round plate brick and white pointer), and the beta one had one sole red indicator. Maybe I could set the red round plate brick transparent, and then make the pointer a little longer (to have it overlap the now transparent brick) and texture it to red.

The Ace Railgun

When they're in the red, they start going fast?

That's a pretty big brick. Yes I knew that...I was being sarcastic...and nobody caught my reference/joke at the end... You little ***** **** **** ****...I'm alright, I'm alright

Yes I knew that...I was being sarcastic...and nobody caught my reference/joke at the end... You little ***** **** **** ****...I'm alright, I'm alright

I have no idea what you're talking about like 75% of the time. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to release it as the bonus feature in my map revamp project. That release might be next week, but I say 'might' for a reason. I'm not too sure if I can change the indicator to 'beta-style' though, as it is made up of two different parts (red round plate brick and white pointer), and the beta one had one sole red indicator. Maybe I could set the red round plate brick transparent, and then make the pointer a little longer (to have it overlap the now transparent brick) and texture it to red.

Or, you just make a single red pointer in one file, then using the released images as a guide, crop the single image into two smaller ones, move it to the right location on the palette, a little trial-and-error, and boom! Perfect beta speedometer.

Yes I knew that...I was being sarcastic...and nobody caught my reference/joke at the end... You little ***** **** **** ****...I'm alright, I'm alright

th_Suspicious.png

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that the dynamic lighting used to be different..?

This game is advanced enough to feature dynamic lighting?

• 1 month later...
RobExplorien

What happened to this? Is it coming out any time soon?

I'm going to release it as the bonus feature in my map revamp project.

It is included in the map revamp mod which was released long ago (v2.0), because the speedometer also concerns the minimap in the lower right corner.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.