LDD Troubleshooting - 4.3.7 (?) patch issue

Bug

Fixed.. somehow.

Sorry if this doesn't really belong here, but I was hoping you guys could provide help/support.

Today (March 26th 2013) a new LDD patch was released and I'm having an issue with updating. When I became aware of this patch, I immediately restarted LDD and let the program update while I was off doing something else. I was fully aware of the changes, so when I came back I noticed that LDD hadn't been changed despite the update. I assumed that the update just failed and that I should simply restart again. I did, but after it finished receiving the 1.85 MB of data and completed 56 updating procedures, I noticed that the program still remained unchanged. This occurs every time I open the program now, even after uninstalling and reinstalling it multiple times. So.. does anyone know what is going on?

I've noticed that sometimes the program doesn't want to respond during the update and sometimes it just ignores the patch altogether.

I do have an extracted db file, but I doubt that has anything to do with this as the larger patch a few weeks ago simply wiped the old files which I immediately replaced with backups I had in store for the situation.

Could there be some other unforeseen issue?

Or it could be just a bug fix, given 4.3.6 was released less than two weeks ago.

I know for a fact that there was content added and even if there wasn't, that still doesn't resolve my issue. The program is telling me I haven't updated, even though I have.. multiple times.

Welcome to RRU my old friend.

When I installed 4.3.6, my extracted .db files got wiped. And weirdly now there's no update for me...

Now using backups of extracted will mess up new features and stuff, so just re-extract and re-add custom colors/textures.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Apparently LDD won't give me the update, yet I found the 4.3.6 copied to my LDD AppData folder...

Welcome to RRU my old friend.

When I installed 4.3.6, my extracted .db files got wiped. And weirdly now there's no update for me...

Now using backups of extracted will mess up new features and stuff, so just re-extract and re-add custom colors/textures.

Hope this helps.

Only images I had made were backed up, nothing else.

EDIT: I was messing around with my LEGO Company folder.. deleted a few things.. and suddenly it works! I'll edit the main post. :3

It was a ninja update.  Only the palate was changed, so there it is still 4.3.6.

I found new parts, a flywheel and some animal themed shells.  Guess what they belong to?

http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/3764-lego-digital-designer-lif-extractor/?p=79064

I should point out that if you update to a new release of LDD and your LIFs are extracted, upon loading LDD, all your extracted files will be deleted (including new/modded files), and you will need to reextract both LIFs in Program Files and AppData. You might want to make backups of all your LDD modding stuff. e345633.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.