LEGO Racers map revamp

RobExplorien

• 1 month later...

I've never seen that racetrack map in Lego Island...

But I don't want to see it again.  8S   It looks nothing like the actual thing, mainly because its just a huge blob of grey.   

• 3 months later...

le717 informed me about an issue were installing the maps had to be done manually. It's fixed now, and easy fast installing via PatchIt! should work now. The new link can be found in the topic post under v2.0.1.

still does not work through PatchIt as the mod fails to install.

le717 informed me about an issue were installing the maps had to be done manually. It's fixed now, and easy fast installing via PatchIt! should work now. The new link can be found in the topic post under v2.0.1.

I don't have time right now to look into it, but it may be because the patch of v2.0.1 is outdated and only works with older versions of PatchIt!, assuming you're using the latest version of the tool. I'll 'repatch' it later this week then.

I don't have time right now to look into it, but it may be because the patch of v2.0.1 is outdated and only works with older versions of PatchIt!, assuming you're using the latest version of the tool. I'll 'repatch' it later this week then.

Er... no. The latest version (v1.1.2) fully supports the legacy format the download uses for installation. I just tested it. However, the next version of PatchIt (currently v1.1.3, may change before I get around to finishing that release) does not support it. [memeber=zcr2244], what kind of error messages are displayed when you try to install it? Did you remember to set up your LEGO Racers installation path (including extracting LEGO.JAM) before you tried to install it (though that shouldn't matter, it checks if you haven't and prompts you to do so)? A JAM Extractor is available by pressing 'j' on the main menu. ;)

Er... no. The latest version (v1.1.2) fully supports the legacy format the download uses for installation. I just tested it. However, the next version of PatchIt (currently v1.1.3, may change before I get around to finishing that release) does not support it. [memeber=zcr2244], what kind of error messages are displayed when you try to install it? Did you remember to set up your LEGO Racers installation path (including extracting LEGO.JAM) before you tried to install it (though that shouldn't matter, it checks if you haven't and prompts you to do so)? A JAM Extractor is available by pressing 'j' on the main menu. ;)

no error messages in PatchIT and I have the right install path(no message telling me other wise). The updated track maps just  don't show up in game. Does the mod work with the second release of the game? (2000 version- I think that is the one I have - My disk deteriorated during 2009 when parts on the bottom started coming off due to the cheep disk High Voltage Software used for the game disks - I only have an ISO  now of the disk that I backed up the game disk on:(  )

no error messages in PatchIT and I have the right install path(no message telling me other wise). The updated track maps just don't show up in game. Does the mod work with the second release of the game? (2000 version- I think that is the one I have - My disk deteriorated during 2009 when parts on the bottom started coming off due to the cheep disk High Voltage Software used for the game disks - I only have an ISO now of the disk that I backed up the game disk on:( )

Ah, yes this makes sense. The 2001 rerelease does not run without a compressed LEGO.JAM. Double check that you have an '01 copy (go to the Racers settings as if you might change the installation path, PatchIt will say what release you have). If so, go back to the main menu, press 'j', and compress your JAM. 2001 support is not complete, so you'll need to copy the GAMEDATA/MENUDATA folders from the root into the LEGO folder (where they should have extracted to) and select that folder for compression. Further details can be found in the "Setting up/Installing a LEGO Racers mod" tutorial (in the modding tutorials subsection). Yes, this is an annoying limitation of PatchIt, but believe me it should be completely fixed by the next release... whenever that will be.

• 3 months later...
Commander Cold

Someday I want to do some stuff to the Ice Planet Pathway. Maybe add more vehicles, shortcuts, hidden secrets, etc.

RobExplorien

Someday I want to do some stuff to the Ice Planet Pathway. Maybe add more vehicles, shortcuts, hidden secrets, etc.

That's nice, but I don't know why you would be discussing this here. The title of this topic may cause some misunderstanding of what it actually is about. The map revamping relates to retexturing the minimap part of the HUD displayed in the lower right corner of every race, not remodelling the track itself or adding new moving objects to the environment. The latter isn't (yet) a possibility in terms of LR modding.

• 9 months later...

i've been using these textures for a while, but i just realized that all the little icons are upside down! (or is my pc just weird?)

LEGO1.png

love the mod BTW

i've been using these textures for a while, but i just realized that all the little icons are upside down! (or is my pc just weird?)

-snip-

love the mod BTW

As is expected, since textures are mirrorred in mirrorred mode. It did not stumble upon me either until you pointed it out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.