Anybody have heard or have dates for these old LEGO site games?

LUModder

Sypbotics does not like such adapters.  It says so in the documentation.

The cord that connects the Spybot to the computer has the special Spybot connector on one end and a serial port connector on the other. If you don't believe me, find a complete Spybot kit and have a look for yourself.

I have two such kits.  The USB-to-9-Pin adapters are unreliable for this use.

Wha...what are you talking about...?

You are wanting to use a USB-to-9-Pin-Communitcation (that is what serial port are called, communication ports, because that was their initial purpose) adapter to connect your Spybot to your computer, right?  Lego tried that when testing the software, it almost never works.  Heck, my computer has a 9-pin built in that failed to work with Spybotics.  The cable was fine.  We had the board replaced.  Still had "No cable detected."  In the end, I think it came down to the chipset.  Overall, Spybotics is likely the most finicky of all the software I have when it comes to hardware requirements.

You are wanting to use a USB-to-9-Pin-Communitcation (that is what serial port are called, communication ports, because that was their initial purpose) adapter to connect your Spybot to your computer, right?  Lego tried that when testing the software, it almost never works.  Heck, my computer has a 9-pin built in that failed to work with Spybotics.  The cable was fine.  We had the board replaced.  Still had "No cable detected."  In the end, I think it came down to the chipset.  Overall, Spybotics is likely the most finicky of all the software I have when it comes to hardware requirements.

Why didn't you say this in the first place?! This is a much better explanation of the problem.

My serial port and cord and spybot all worked previously, so I'm not so sure about this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.