Review: 70701 Swarm Interceptor

STUDZ

Swarm Interceptor (70701)
Review by Stan McStudz

Here we have it, the first in hopefully many reviews by yours truly. This time in video form! I'll be doing more video reviews, hopefully each one getting more entertaining as time goes on. Let me know what you think!

Here we have the Galaxy Quest Squad set, the Swarm Interceptor. Is this set worth buying, or should you just pass it by? 
Video

Extra Notes
Well, I'd like to point out one more thing that wasn't in the review. The alien bugoid vehicle won't allow the minifig to hold the handlebars properly, due to the design of the jackhammer piece that acts as the handlebars.

Rating
Design: 8.5 / 10 (Sweet craft, well thought out, but the split function seems like an afterthought. Also the bugoid vehicle handlebars.)
Quality: 8 / 10 (some good MOC pieces, not too many stickers)
Fun: 8.5 / 10 (Swoosh factor as well as a swivel cockpit makes this set)
Price: 10 / 10 (In USD, the piece-to-price ratio is less than 10 cents per piece)

Overall, I would say that any Space fan should buy this set. It's well designed, good for pieces, and looks pretty good on display. In fact, the entire theme would be worth looking at.

*g*, I liked the references like "legoception" etc., that's always good :) (I imagined a "Yo, Dawg, I heard, you liked lego and manuals, so we made a manual, where a lego minifigure builds a lego model" poster, too^^).

The Interceptor itself looks interesting (although there's probably room for improvement) and I think, that it has the same cockpit gravity mechanism like the UCS Star Wars B-Wing model (and he's rolling and rolling and rolling...).

If I would buy it? I don't know. As far as I know my last RL lego model is from 2005, because in my case the models/bricks usually end up as loose bricks in boxes or dust collectors on a shelf.

Your review had funny elements and there was an analysis, too, which is very good:). The camera movement was a bit wobbly, but for the first video review that's okay.

PS: Hmm, I wonder, how do you start the next review^^ ("Maybe I'm biased about Star Wars, but... ...oh, look, it's some set from the Imperium. See, I told ya, that it would turn out evil. Shame on you TLC!") ;)

PPS: It's also cool, that you have made the first video review in this section of the forum.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.