The Mysters/D'ni Explorers (Uru Live)

The Ace Railgun

The Ace Railgun

Well since there is a topic for pretty much everything in the general zone i'd thought I'd post a section for the Myst fans. Anyone who's either Hard Core, played a few games or someone who doesn't even know what Linking is can chat about the story line, ask questions about the series, or up coming games ( which will never happen ) or even just chat about Myst related stuff.

Fluffy Cupcake

I've heard a few people mention Uru Live here and there. So I guess a topic is a good idea for this subject.

I've played the game + expansions before the live shut down and then reopened being free. :D

I did play the live version for a bit a few months ago, though. Although I didn't finish any of the new stuff though.

I like Uru the best out of the Myst games because I prefer its playing style.

I love Uru and Myst! I've played the first four Myst games (still haven't gotten around to the fifth one), the offline version of Uru and MO:UL. I'm actually a somewhat prominent member in the online community, for various reasons (including being a Guild Master of the Guild of Messengers).

Oh, and in case you don't know, Myst Online: Uru Live recently became open-source, which is why I've been poking at it from various angles, in collaboration with the Guild of Writers.

HUGE Myst fan. I was actually just playing Riven earlier today. Probably my favorite one of the series. I have an offline version of Uru and I really need to get Uru Live, but I just keep forgetting.

The Ace Railgun

I actually completed Uru three times and am on my fourth but I also made this topic for other Myst games and not just Uru. Anyone play any other part(s) of the series?

Riven is definitely my favourite game, mostly because of Gehn, but also because of all the subtle hints spread throughout the islands and their associated backstory. The fact that you can have a ton of different endings was also an element of great interest to my experimental nature.  :satisfied:

• Like 1

I don't know if it's there on the PC version, but on the PS2 version of MYST III there is a quiz to test your knowledge of the Myst series. I did it this morning and disappointed myself with only a 27 out of 30.

The Ace Railgun

Indeed Riven is one of my top tens but I really liked the Voltaic and Amateria ages of Myst III:Exile and I don't think there is on the PC version unless it's at the very end.

It's under a Special Features option from the main menu. Most of the questions I knew right away, but some were tough. (How many water pipe junctions are there in Channelwood?)

The Ace Railgun

Also this is a question to anyone who's played Mysts III and IV but did anybody happen to catch that the blank linking book you see on the brown Bookstand in Atrus' study (behind the desk) on Tohmana was Serinia's Linking book before it was written?

The Ace Railgun

Anywho new topic while that question is thought over -_- what is your favorite age/moment in any of the Myst games?

Fluffy Cupcake

@book, Never noticed or may have seen it but never took important notice of what it was.

Whoooo, kinda a hard question for me to answer. Only ever completed Uru. The rest I watched my mom play yeeeears ago when she was into them (too long ago to remember much). Although, in 6 days from now, a year ago I started playing Exile for a bit (was even recording/making a LP), but something stopped me, don't quite remember what (certinly not lack of interest, might of been my currently non-existing laptop became trash). So the only game I can really pick from is Uru. Still kinda hard to pick though. I'm gonna have to say Kadish Tolesa, and Eder Gira+Kemo. I haven't yet been there, but Eder Delin looks pretty. :D

• Like 1

Hmm... Tough... I'm going to say my favourite moment was when the elevator rises in Spire and you rise with it - the music went perfectly with that scene.

My favourite Age would probably be Riven itself, just because of its sheer depth.

• Like 1

The Ace Railgun

Hmm my favorite ages in Myst would probably be Amateria, Spire, and Myst, and in Uru they'd have to be Teledahn, Kadish Tolesa, and Ahnonay. And I'd say that my favorite moment is the spire elevator scene when you go up the enormous crystal pit with the electricity jumping from side to side. I agree that the music is well placed in that part one of the best scenes. Also another one of my favorite moments would have to be in Myst III when the Island that you first link into rises up out of the ground and you have to climb inside it to get to the Voltaic symbol. Oh yeah also anybody els have any interesting Myst things to discuss?

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.