Custom Biomes not Working.

Leumeister

I fixed it with the help of all these geniuses here! I mean that seriously! Thank you sooooo much!

The results

gallery_53_290_190669.png

The problem

I posted for help in the World Textures - Wishlist topic, but Cirevam suggested I post my own. So now I am.

gallery_53_290_39765.png

This is now my problem. I've gotten the crashing sorted. But as I said in the a fore mentioned topic:

All I get is a gray, untextured world!

What am I doing wrong?

When we shall help you, you have to give information (so also post it here!).

Please post the names of the texture bmp-files, the folder name they are in and the LEGO.cfg part where it says:

Textures {

YourTexture {

rooftexture WorldWorldTexturesYourTextureRoof.bmp
surftextwidth 8
surftextheight 8
meshbasename WorldProMeshesYourTexturePM
texturebasename WorldWorldTexturesYourTextureFolderYourTexture
}

}

By the way, this is still the wrong forum section, you should have gone to Mod Discussion, because it is a modification, no general discussion!

You said you renamed all the textures "DESXX". That's a BIG no-no. They MUST be named exactly as the other biomes have them named, otherwise the game won't recognise them.

Bite me.

They MUST be named exactly as the other biomes have them named, otherwise the game won't recognise them.

I have never heard of this rule before, and I'm pretty sure I've renamed the texture files before. 

They MUST be named exactly as the other biomes have them named, otherwise the game won't recognise them.

I have never heard of this rule before, and I'm pretty sure I've renamed the texture files before.

Then how does LegoRR know which one is each specific texture? It's not listed anywhere in the .cfg...

Then how does LegoRR know which one is each specific texture? It's not listed anywhere in the .cfg...

If it weren't listed in the CFG how would it even find the texture files? /:|

texturebasename WorldWorldTexturesYourTextureFolderYourTexture

Or are you saying something else? 

If it weren't listed in the CFG how would it even find the texture files? /:|

texturebasename WorldWorldTexturesYourTextureFolderYourTexture

That points to the folder where the textures are located. The folder can be renamed whatever, but the actual textures inside the folder must be numbered exactly like those ones.

And on research, he's named them correctly ("apparently", I'd like to take a look at his folder setup). **** me.

RRF#1, I want you to zip up your textures and have a .txt file with your .cfg entries, and the filepaths to where you had the textures located. Make sure you include the roof texture you're using, because that's in a separate file.

That points to the folder where the textures are located. The folder can be renamed whatever, but the actual textures inside the folder must be numbered exactly like those ones.

It says folder right above that in the directory. The files can be named whatever. They have to be numbered the same, yes, but I assumed you were saying that they could only be called Rock, Ice or Lava.

It says folder right above that in the directory. The files can be named whatever. They have to be numbered the same, yes, but I assumed you were saying that they could only be called Rock, Ice or Lava.

I forgot about the word before the numbers ;P

Looking through it now, get back to you eventually.

BTW, your link is missing a colon ( : ) after the http which makes it redirect and break. Please add it.

The mistake - in my view - is very obvious. 

This is the code in the CFG:

Desert {
    rooftexture       WorldWorldTexturesrockroof.bmp
    surftextwidth     8
    surftextheight     8
    meshbasename      WorldProMeshesRockPM
    texturebasename     WorldWorldTexturesDesertSplitDesert

FIRST:
The '}'at the end is missing

SECOND:
You wrote 'rockroof.bmp' to the rooftexture, but your actually rooftexture is DESERTROOF.bmp (but that doesn't make the textures crash).

THIRD:
You wrote 'WorldWorldTexturesDesertSplitDesert' to the texturebasename, but the texturebasename of your textures is 'DES' and not 'Desert'!

It is actually explained exactly enough so this mistake shouldn't have happened... why didn't you follow the instructions?
  • Like 2

And a quick other note, rooftexture       WorldWorldTexturesrockroof.bmp

You should make sure all your textures are in caps. Right now about half are DESXX and the other half are desXX. Pick one or the other and make sure you write it in caps in the .cfg.

EDIT: Alan. Y u do dis 2 meh? I think I might be blind.

FIRST: The '}'at the end is missing

It is there, I just forgot to include it.

It is actually explained exactly enough so this mistake shouldn't have happened... why didn't you follow the instructions?

I didn't think they were clear. But, now I know. So next time I want to add another biome texture, I'll refer back to this

Thank you all for the help you've given me.

You should make sure all your textures are in caps. Right now about half are DESXX and the other half are desXX. Pick one or the other and make sure you write it in caps in the .cfg.

Not necessarily. The game doesn't mind whether the BMPs are in caps or not (just tested it and some of the original textures are not in caps too (for me)).

@Rock Raider fan no.1:

You can change the topic to solved now ;)

Not necessarily. The game doesn't mind whether the BMPs are in caps or not (just tested it and some of the original textures are not in caps too (for me)).

Consistency is important in any project.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.