• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Lair

Lair

Elite Member

• Crystal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

LEGO.  WHY DO YOU GO AGAINST YOUR OWN VALUES?

I have yet to see them do such a thing yet.

"... and if anyone is wondering whether [a LEGO minifigure] may drink alcohol, the answer is again no.  Only historical figures such as knights in armour and pirates can be equipped with a barrel of beer or bottle of rum." (Source)

"May the minifigure have a nose? No."
Timmy... LEGOLAND... Flatfoot Thompson... Oh, Lego...

• Car CrazeXVI thanked this

PeabodySam

PeabodySam

The Poor Man's jamesster

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

LEGO.  WHY DO YOU GO AGAINST YOUR OWN VALUES?

I have yet to see them do such a thing yet.

"... and if anyone is wondering whether [a LEGO minifigure] may drink alcohol, the answer is again no.  Only historical figures such as knights in armour and pirates can be equipped with a barrel of beer or bottle of rum." (Source)

"May the minifigure have a nose? No."
Timmy... LEGOLAND... Flatfoot Thompson... Oh, Lego...

Not yet. But if LEGO licenses the Simpsons, then you will.

Notice when this was published: September 2010. Long after LEGO realized that minifigure noses should not exist except on clowns, werewolves, and the like. I suppose Tim, Flatfoot, Native Americans (note how the later Tribal Warrior and Tribal Chief lack that which their predecessors had), and LEGOLAND were what you might call a "failed experiment" of the 90s.

Tracker

Tracker

AIV

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
"Puts a nose on a minifigure."

Lair

Lair

Elite Member

• Crystal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

a "failed experiment" of the 90s.

But Flatfoot's nose is so magnificent...

Zephyria

I don't understand why we're all up in arms about how OMG INNAPROPRIATE FOR KIDS THIS IS OMG OMG OMG.

It's not like kids don't watch the show, anyway. Almost all the kids I know (Now, and back when I was a child) absolutely loved The Simpsons.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts

I don't understand why we're all up in arms about how OMG INNAPROPRIATE FOR KIDS THIS IS OMG OMG OMG.

It's not like kids don't watch the show, anyway. Almost all the kids I know (Now, and back when I was a child) absolutely loved The Simpsons.

We're not up in arms about that(Well I'm not).

We're up in arms about LEGO + Simpsons.

It's just....

Terrible.
  • McStudz thanked this

Zephyria

I think it could be one of the better licensed themes, if they really put work into it. I just hope that if it's bad (Which most of you believe it will be) that it goes the way of Avatar; Dies out before the first year ends.

PeabodySam

PeabodySam

The Poor Man's jamesster

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

And, as I said, there's a ton of kids who watch Family Guy and South Park.  This doesn't mean that LEGO should license any of these shows.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LEGO News, The Simpsons, License