LEGO The Simpsons?

lol username

lol username

I apologize for the skimpy nature of this news report, I am currently on a road trip and limited to a smartphone and dodgy signal for Internet access so I can't write much. However, this news is too major to wait.

So, let's cut to the chase: A Danish newspaper is claiming that LEGO is currently working on securing a license for The Simpsons, as confirmed by LEGO marketing director Mads Nipper.

What.

Sources:
Brickset

No, just no. I'm already disgusted with the Spongebob line. If this rumor pans out...

I can not even say.

@jamesster, non-WSJ.com subscribers (like me): not for you!

lol username

@jamesster, non-WSJ.com subscribers (like me): not for you!

I don't understand what you're saying here, but I'm not a Wall Street Journal subscriber, I simply posted the link to show that there's some credibility to the story - it's not just some rumor.

I don't understand what you're saying here, but I'm not a Wall Street Journal subscriber, I simply posted the link to show that there's some credibility to the story - it's not just some rumor.

For some reason, I thought you may have been a subscriber, and I was pointing out that non-subbers can't view the article in question. But yes, this article does give a bit of credibility, but I still hope it is completely and absolutely wrong,

This wouldn't make any sense. The Simpsons isn't exactly a children's show, and while LEGO is certainly not just for children, it is mostly marketed toward them.

Surely Fox has something ELSE that would be better for LEGO...

How about Alien vs Predator? Yeah... that's more like it!

And next they will bring out Family Guy LEGO, followed shortly by South Park LEGO, and indeed followed up by My Little Pony LEGO.

f****.

This doesn't remotely make any sense.  What's LEGO's target demographic?  Seven-fourteen year olds?  What precentage of that group watches or knows the the simpsons?  10-15%, maybe, at best?  And yet they would not make Legend of Zelda themed sets, which would be much more appealing to both their choice audience and beyond.

lol username

This doesn't remotely make any sense.  What's LEGO's target demographic?  Seven-fourteen year olds?  What precentage of that group watches or knows the the simpsons?  10-15%, maybe, at best?  And yet they would not make Legend of Zelda themed sets, which would be much more appealing to both their choice audience and beyond.

Actually, the reason they rejected the first Zelda project wasn't because of the theme, it was because of the massive amount of custom pieces the CUUSOO project focused on - they specifically said they're willing to consider other Zelda projects in the future, and indeed they are as a second one reached 10,000 votes and is in for review.

I entirely agree on the Simpsons and LEGO, aside from the characters being yellow they've got absolutely nothing in common. :/

Actually, the reason they rejected the first Zelda project wasn't because of the theme, it was because of the massive amount of custom pieces the CUUSOO project focused on - they specifically said they're willing to consider other Zelda projects in the future, and indeed they are as a second one reached 10,000 votes and is in for review.

Yes, I know.  I was using it as an example precisely because of that to further demonstrate how absurd LEGO Simpsons would be.

Olivus Prime

No, no, no, NO, NO.

WHY? What enjoyment could POSSIBLY come from playing with The Simpsons sets, let alone from building them? I just.... AaaaAaAaAaaaAAARRrGgG!

This brings me to the realisation that it will never end - each and every year we'll be introduced to dozens of licensed themes, and we'll watch as the imagination of today's youth slowly degenerates into merely re-enacting stories rather than making them.

• Like 1

RobExplorien

Is the LEGO Company trying to aim for older LEGO fans? It is nice if they would, but I do not see the point of another licensed theme around the toy stores to achieve this. The Simpsons may be an icon for television culture, but that doesn't mean it is an icon for 'toy culture'. Besides, there are many more other supported themes or sets that the LEGO Company should take a shot at (referring to Cuusoo), and I'm not saying they don't do this. For me this licensed theme 'to be?' came out of nowhere, and it makes it hard for me to understand how they came up with this. Does the company assume the theme might become a hit, because of the popularity of the show? The show is certainly viewed by a broad audience for quite some time, but who says these are LEGO fans?

I'm not attacking the theme 'to be?', of course I'm curious how the company is going to work with this idea, and how the sets would look like. But it isn't definite (yet?). For the time being, I'll await further information until I go any further with debating this subject.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

And next they will bring out Family Guy LEGO, followed shortly by South Park LEGO, and indeed followed up by My Little Pony LEGO.

f****.

That's what I had a thought of, and I sure hope that doesn't happen.

And btw, Cuusoo already denided MLP

Since the property is owned by Hasbro we've decided it’s neither a brand fit nor a strategic fit for the LEGO Group to pursue a My Little Pony license, and so we will not consider My Little Pony projects on LEGO CUUSOO further.

• Like 1

f****.

That's what I had a thought of, and I sure hope that doesn't happen.

And btw, Cuusoo already denided MLP

Since the property is owned by Hasbro we've decided it’s neither a brand fit nor a strategic fit for the LEGO Group to pursue a My Little Pony license, and so we will not consider My Little Pony projects on LEGO CUUSOO further.

"since the property is owned by Hasbro"

Guess that guarantees that there is no chance of a Transformers line... at least not from LEGO... those BTR toys are crap.

I wish I could find some scans of the March April LEGO Club to show this, but I and rioforce may have an idea as to why this horrible rumor has suddenly come up out of nowhere.

Anyone heard of the new LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles? It's a new TV show coming on in the summer. In the aforementioned magazine, it has an interview with a creator of the show, but it also says who is making the show. And guess who it is? The writer of The Simpsons, Michael Price.

So that's where this rumor is coming from.

O.T.
I hope this cartoon (which I might watch if I had CN...) isn't complete trash and destroys LEGO...
  • Like 1

lol username

I wish I could find some scans of the March April LEGO Club to show this, but I and rioforce may have an idea as to why this horrible rumor has suddenly come up out of nowhere.

Anyone heard of the new LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles? It's a new TV show coming on in the summer. In the aforementioned magazine, it has an interview with a creator of the show, but it also says who is making the show. And guess who it is? The writer of The Simpsons, Michael Price.

O.T.

I hope this cartoon (which I might watch if I had CN...) isn't complete trash and destroys LEGO...
Except that's not where this "rumor" is coming from. It came from LEGO's marketing director and has since been confirmed by spokesmen from both LEGO and Fox.

O.T.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.