Insane Raiders [2022-12-29: Occasional updates are still happening!]

Arthuriel

Those selfmade comics are awesome! They are funny, well-drawn and they even express the stupid/insane behavior of the RRs. Great job!

*go-to-page-1-again**read-comic-again* just can't get enough of them :P

Dude, you could make some awesome RRU member comics, based on us and what we do...anyways, loving these so far.

Thanks for all your responses. Nice to see people still liking it :).

Today I've uploaded another comic, which is handcoloured. Only problem: the colours look too bright because of the scanner. Maybe I should paint it darker next time.

PS: A RRU member comic? If I have a good idea, I could make one.

The Ace Railgun

Or you could just adjust the contrast/brightness on the scanner if it has those settings. Also member comics do sound interesting since insanity is a daily happening here in RRU.

Okay, I've adjusted the scanner and I also used some image processing afterwards and now it looks better. Thank you:).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, the PS1 game's S.M.L.C. was good. It still couldn't do anything for the poor Hover Scout, though. That thing is the epitome of uselessness.

Oh, sorry for that. I only thought about the SMLC and other useless vehicles in the PC game. Maybe I should add a note above the comic.

You don't need to do that, though. It would kind of lessen the humor. Besides, a lot of people never played the PS1 game, so it doesn't matter that much.

Edit: oh, I see you put one I already. Never mind. I just don't want to be seen as a pedantic guy who can't enjoy a joke because of something like that.

@Pranciblad: Problem solved: I've edited the whole text in the first post, because I wanted to change it in general. I think, that the text is now shorter and more suitable, too.

• 1 month later...
Addictgamer

Woah, so many new comics since I last checked. I gotta set this to "notify."

Keep 'em coming :D

Also, I don't really understand #7.

Brickulator

This are really great, I can't wait to see more :)

I used to draw loads of lego comics as a kid. I remember doing some rock raiders stuff when I was about 6...not nearly as good at these though, obviously :P

Chief said, that the former rock raiders assassins weren't very clever and 1431 was one of them:

Why?: he accidently shot the barrel/block with the generic explosive stuff, which was shown in the first panel

Result: Explosion and some left over-pieces of the rock raiders

However: You're right. It's a bit cryptic and next time the plot should be better understandable.

PS: Thank you for the compliments and critism :).

I laughed at every single one of them (silently though, because all my family members were watching me read them)! I tend to draw Lego strips now a days and I am impressed to see someone actually posting theirs up on the internet! You inspire me!

• 4 weeks later...

The speech bubble in the raw version was a bit bigger (I changed it, because the bubble was a bit too big) and contained the following additional words: "I would give an arm and a leg to pay a good one".

Maybe I also made it because of dark humor, but the main reason was to get a shorter speech bubble text with a similar message.

• 3 weeks later...

Number 8. Oh no! Could it be? An unnormal day on board of the L.M.S. Explorer? (After looking it up, I know, that it's called "abnormal" in english, but I made an error during the making of the headline).

Innormal. Irnormal. Denormal. Antinormal. Neganormal. Now we have collected every incorrect form of the word. Did I miss any? Perhaps Deminormal or Subnormal (actual word apparently)? Probably don't count.

On-topic, this latest comic is just as amusing as ever. Keep it up.

"The Rock Raiders finally became intelligent!"

Or a modder turned off all the landslides and made raiders invincible. I wonder what the Chief would think if he found out that there are higher orders of being that can manipulate the LEGO universes...

He'd probably head straight for the pain screwdrivers.

@Fushigisaur: Thank you for all the alternatives. Maybe I should use them all at once in a comic :)

@Cirevam: My painkiller screwdrivers Insane Raiders MOC approves your message. Look, how happy he is during his insane activity :D. (I built this MOC, while I was making my comic. Yesterday I slightly altered it a bit to make it look more like a Rock Raider (not exactly, but probably close enough)):

gallery_1586_213_601347.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Excellent :). So many generic vehicles and some are even more generic than the other ones.

If I had five energy crystals, I would buy five hover scouts, because one chrome crusher power drill would be far too pratical (or even useful) ;).

PS: I uploaded a new comic.

• 1 month later...

Oh my god I love this so much, reminds me of some RR comics I tried to make back when I was a wee lad.

Please continue, this is amazing stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

What's funny about #13 is that raiders can't hurt each other with handheld lasers, but they can with vehicle and building-mounted ones. I guess they're so insane that they forgot that simple fact...

• Arthuriel changed the title to Insane Raiders [2022-12-29: Occasional updates are still happening!]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.