Insane Raiders [2022-12-29: Occasional updates are still happening!]

Arthuriel

@wordsarecool: Yay, you made RR comics, too :)? I had the idea for that relatively late (some months before I started to make the first Insane Raiders comic). I will also continue to draw comics in the future. At least I have still some unused sketches at the moment.

@Cirevam: After you wrote that, I remembered, that I just made it because of the insanity factor and not because of the actual rules of the game xD.

I love reading these new comics :D And the new shading is great too. That laser turret should become a mod, perhaps an alternative to Electric Fences.

May I suggest you put all the comics in spoilers? It's quite a lot to scroll through now.

I like the new shading, too, because the comics looks more interesting (a.k.a. better style, which is the reason, why I chose that).

A mod with the laser turret? Sounds interesting. Maybe like the Mining Laser, but smaller and as an (automatic) defense weapon like you already said.

The idea with the spoilers also sounds helpful, because with more comics the problem could become even worse. Therfore I will probably use spoilers for every comic except the three latest ones.

• 1 month later...

Well, I haven't shown the Eternal Damnation Device in the lastet comic (Lazor-Madness II), but I would guess, that nothing is worse than a non-functioning sandwich supply xD.

In other news: I already wrote it in the first post and the status update: Now, that I use a graphics tablet to draw comics, it take me less time to make new comics :).

I secretly released them in the time since your last post. Excellent, everything went as expected ;).

Jokes aside: Thank you, that you still like them. I will try to keep them funny.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Some of you have already seen it: I made two new comics (Number 15 and 16). I won't promise, when I will make the next ones, but they will come.

About the broken-link-thing: Broken links etc. don't last long in my topics. Maybe some pictures weren't available for some hours/days, but otherwise I try to repair the pictures in my threads as fast as possible.

Corn? I never saw the textures like that. xD

Nice comics yet again, your drawing is pretty darn good, especially considering the speeds you make them at. Gave me a good laugh!

• 4 months later...

I appreciate it very much, that people still like my comics :).

Don't worry, I have many ideas and I hope, that there will be many more in the future (I just forget to do them (or I am just lazy^^). Maybe I should force myself to do at least one or two every month).

I would have punished that raider with only picking up the materials that are closest to base, since they love walking across the entire level to get the last piece of ore for a support station.

• Like 3

No, Cirevam, that would have been way too obvious and you know, that my comics are well known for their subtle humour and complex storylines ;).

Nevertheless: Thanks to your post I have a new idea based on the path finding issue.

btw: Shall I redo some of my older comics? I have only redone No. 1 many months ago, because the original looked really bad, but I am not sure about the other ones.

(Oh no, I turn into George Lucas! Special Edition Comics everywhere ;)! Just kidding, but maybe I will bundle all comics into one pdf-file one day and want to make them in the same style for consistency's sake).

• Like 3

maybe I will bundle all comics into one pdf-file one day and want to make them in the same style for consistency's sake

Yes. That would be awesome.

I have a new idea based on the path finding issue.

Can't wait for the new comic! :D

Anyway, congratulations for the detail in the last comic. It looks great, with those nice perspectives!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Arthuriel, your drawing is excellent, comparing your latest comic to your first they've really improved visually. And of course, just as funny as ever!

• 2 months later...

Yes, I will do some in the future. Sorry for sticking to the unregular updating schedule (again). ^^

No need to apologize.

Life has a tendency to destroy any and all set schedules.

• 2 weeks later...

I uploaded another comic. The difference to the old ones is, that it is the first one, that I only made on the computer (no scanning of handdrawn stuff). I also found out, how to use pressure sensitivity in GIMP 2 and I took advantage of multiple layers. The result are finer lines, shadows etc. and therefore more nuanced pictures (I will try to improve the lights, shadows and textures in the next comics, because they aren't strong/good enough in my opinion). There is also another secret, that hopefully helped me to make better lines, but I won't tell it you yet^^.

(Oh, and this is my 200th post).

• Arthuriel changed the title to Insane Raiders [2022-12-29: Occasional updates are still happening!]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.