Insane Raiders [2022-12-29: Occasional updates are still happening!]

Arthuriel

xD I love it! Especially the little

PLOP as the Ore Star explodes

Your drawings are great, too. :thumbsup: I think you're about to hit the image embed limit in that post though.

Thanks. Yeah, what would be a comic without funny/unrealistic sound effects ^^ ?

If 20 images are the limit, I will have to make another season (that sounds weird xD).

If 20 images are the limit, I will have to make another season (that sounds weird xD).

I smell a new comic. l405G.jpg

You could, of course, just link the older ones. You should have reserved a couple of posts when you started it. l405G.jpg

Oh, and another great comic.

Thanks. I hope, that I can come up with more comics in the future (don't worry: I have many unused ideas/sketches

at the moment, that I can turn into a finished comic).

About the number of comics in a single post: Originally the series just started with a single badly drawn comic,

that I made, because I thought, that it would be funny. Who knew, that it would develop this way^^?

Possible solutions to that problem: I could only display the 20 most recent comics, start a new thread

(with more posts in the beginning) or put several comics into one long picture to reduce the number of images in this thread.

Maybe I could also ask an Admin or Mod, if the image limit for the first post could be changed (If that's possible).

Other options: Using a blog, website etc. just for the series (at the moment I use 80 MB of my 100MB

upload space on RRU. I could reduce that by using other image formats and requesting the deletion of older pictures.

Comic number 19 for example has its original resolution and it's just a JPG with ~360KB size on the RRU server (but for some

reason it took up ~1,2MB on my computer. Don't ask why, because in other cases I uploaded pictures (like PNG files, that I

resized to actually minimize the space requirements) to RRU and they were bigger than on my computer O_O ).

JPG with ~360KB size on the RRU server (but for some

reason it took up ~1,2MB on my computer. Don't ask why, because sometimes I uploaded pictures to RRU and they were

bigger than on my computer).

Sounds to me like RRU's uploader does some re-encoding of the JPG.

• 1 month later...

I have no words to describe how funny this is! Although I feel sorry for Bandit in a way...He's getting portrayed as a random creepy homeless dude. :S

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you. I try to make them as good as possible (and hopefully I often succeed in this task).

Yeah, in one comic Bandit was portrayed as a weird person, but in the computer game he doesn't play that big of a role.

Oh, I also made a new comic today!

20 comics down, 20 more to go! I've given you another post on the first page so you can continue to post them in the topic. Let's give thanks to Cyrem for sacrificing his post to make this happen. o7

Thanks. Actually I just used another brush and this lead to another drawing style (personally I also like it, because it looks cleaner and simpler).

About the victim post: That's really nice. Now I could employ an army of cartoonists to make so many comics, that all the comment posts will be converted to comic posts, which will lead to world domination for no reason can make more comics :).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I made another comic (I should really intensify making comics, because I have so many sketches here^^).

by the way: Sometimes I just update the first two posts (I update the first one only for the dates) without posting something at the end of the thread. So this is the first  comic since August and not since February like my last post in this thread might indicate.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have made a christmas related comic. I have a few other ideas, but I guess, that they will come out in the post christmas season, if I publish them. Maybe I do it anyway or I release them next christmas.

edit: Apparently the spoiler don't work at the moment (that only affects the first post, because I don't use them in the second post). Since they worked before I assume, that this due to the new blue and white redesign phase or something.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I made a new comic (number 25) and I finally fixed the spoilers in the first two posts since they were broken for quite a while now (I don't know, when it started). Some tags were also added to the topic.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a new comic and added the short introduction texts to the comics in the first post again (in one case I had to correct something and in case of the first one I made a new one).

Question: Is it okay, if I make a new post in this thread, when I finished a new comic or is changing the thread's headline enough?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Arthuriel said:

I made a new comic and added the short introduction texts to the comics in the first post again (in one case I had to correct something and in case of the first one I made a new one).

Question: Is it okay, if I make a new post in this thread, when I finished a new comic or is changing the thread's headline enough?

Make a post - changing the headline isn't very visible as it doesn't come up under the New Replies section.

I understand you're probably worried about quadruple posting though l405G.jpg

Yeah, the different headlines aren't that visible, that's why I am also announcing updates with posts... ...and that leads to those multiposts (maybe I should ask for more feedback from other people to break the multipost-chain or ask, if it is okay to write several posts in a row).

18 hours ago, Arthuriel said:

Yeah, the different headlines aren't that visible, that's why I am also announcing updates with posts... ...and that leads to those multiposts (maybe I should ask for more feedback from other people to break the multipost-chain or ask, if it is okay to write several posts in a row).

It's okay to write several posts in a row, I'm fairly sure. Cyrem's not going to put you in ban-land simply for adding a new comic l405G.jpg

That said, I'll try and interrupt your post chain when I can l405G.jpg

Fluffy Cupcake

Dropping a like with no comment, it's just one of the things we do on RRU, because everyone is obviously too busy with their life to spend a couple minutes dropping a comment.

One like and one ban per comic would look like a balanced and fair system though ;).

Now to the comic series itself: I finally made a list for my collection of mostly unused ideas since the beginning of the series (I never had a good overview before).

In total there are ~85 ideas. From those I have used four and in total there are like unused ~45 ideas, that are okay or good and mainly Rock Raiders themed.

P.S.: The law of the tongue-smiley: Interrupt wherever it can^^

• Like 2

Do you ever plan to speak out your 'unused ideas', you know, for people like me to stea-- ...I mean...

...borrow, yes...   ...borrow, borrow your unused ideas, totally not to steal them.

Due to the amount of ideas I can choose, which ones I will publish and (hopefully) those are the better ones.

I guess, I would only publish the remaining unused ideas, if I know, that I will never be able to make comics out of them in my lifetime (and even then I would probably only publish the good ones).

• 1 year later...

Recently I thought about the let-other-people-do-the-illustration thing again* and came to the conclusion, that it could be a good idea.

About the reasons, why I haven't drawn a comic in the last several ages of Middle Earth more than a year:

Maybe it's laziness in regard to drawing the comics or that the jokes seem worn out to me, because I looked too often into the sketch folder and therefore think, that it is not worth the effort to draw a comic, that looks lame to me (but maybe funny to you since you would see it for the first time, if I actually made one).

The question is: What do you think about the idea? Would you welcome other illustrators and/or drawing styles? Who would be interested in doing this task?

*since RobExplorien suggested that idea to me a few weeks ago and Ben in this thread more than a year ago

• Like 2

I'm pretty good at drawing minifigures... although I'm not great at cracking jokes or writing dialogue, so I may need someone to help with that.

• Arthuriel changed the title to Insane Raiders [2022-12-29: Occasional updates are still happening!]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.