Editing saved games

lol username

I've done a bit of tinkering with LI1's save formats, by opening them in HxD and doing file comparisons and the like. I haven't done a whole lot, but it seems fairly basic, so I'll just post some of what I know here, at the very least to get some other people interested.

Player names are obviously stored in Players.gsi, but not as text - rather, with values like 00 for A, 01 for B, 02 for C, etc. and 00 between letters. There's some other stuff in there, but I haven't messed with it much.

Each player's name has a corresponding G#.GS file - G0.GS, G1.GS, G3.GS, etc. Open one of these and you'll get some basic config stuff followed by a bunch of variables - again, I haven't looked into it much, but I do know that eighth value in the file controls the current character you're playing as, and at the very end of all the other stuff there's two things that can easily be edited very easily: the sky color (I was able to edit these and change the color manually without trouble never mind, it's weird and glitching out on me now, default is 56 54 68) and the light position (just a single digit, and of course it can be altered in-game as well via observation deck controls, like the sky color).

Of course, there's a ton of other data in there which I haven't messed with - stuff that saves the customizable aspects of the game, what missions you've done, your scores, etc. If somebody else wants to look deeper into all that, be my guest - I imagine most of this could be figured out quite easily by comparing two game save files that are identical except for one thing, then narrowing down what changed between the two files (that's how I noted which value controls the current character, simply do the same for other values).

• Like 7

Very interesting, I shall have to look into this too. When you say "stuff that saves the customizable aspects of the game", I assume that includes cars?

I might be missing something really obvious here, but the only savegame-file, I can find is called "LEGORac1". No files are called players.gsi or G#.gs.

The names of the racers are there, the letters in the name are seperated by 0x00, but the letters themselves are represented by their corresponding hex-value. (A = 0x41, B = 0x42, etc.)

Very interesting, I shall have to look into this too. When you say "stuff that saves the customizable aspects of the game", I assume that includes cars?

Of course, the game has to save the colors/decals applied to anything the player builds - the two cars, the jet ski, and helicopter, plus the changes made to the minifigures (different hats, colors of body pieces, mood/animations, etc), plants/street lights, and that house in the residential area Pepper can change.

I might be missing something really obvious here, but the only savegame-file, I can find is called "LEGORac1". No files are called players.gsi or G#.gs.

The names of the racers are there, the letters in the name are seperated by 0x00, but the letters themselves are represented by their corresponding hex-value. (A = 0x41, B = 0x42, etc.)

Wrong video game, sir...

I might be missing something really obvious here, but the only savegame-file, I can find is called "LEGORac1". No files are called players.gsi or G#.gs.   The names of the racers are there, the letters in the name are seperated by 0x00, but the letters themselves are represented by their corresponding hex-value. (A = 0x41, B = 0x42, etc.)

Wrong video game, sir...

Well, I really did miss something obvious there then, didn't I?  :P

Edited by MCHover

I might be missing something really obvious here, but the only savegame-file, I can find is called "LEGORac1". No files are called players.gsi or G#.gs.   The names of the racers are there, the letters in the name are seperated by 0x00, but the letters themselves are represented by their corresponding hex-value. (A = 0x41, B = 0x42, etc.)

Wrong video game, sir...

Well, I really did miss something obvious there then, didn't I?  :P

Yea... when I read it, I knew he was talking about Island, because 1: I saw "LI1" and not "LR1", and 2: I knew that Island had ade .gs and .gsi files for the save games (LEGO Island Save Game ReDirect, anyone? :P). But when rio walked up and read this, he thought jamesster was talking about Racers. I have no idea why so many are confused. Mass hysteria? :P

Fluffy Cupcake

I have no idea why so many are confused. Mass hysteria? :P

Probably because there is a lot of LRs modding going on right now, so people just see it on the side in recent topics and immediately think it is about LRs without checking which game section it was posted in first.

I have no idea why so many are confused. Mass hysteria? :P

Probably because there is a lot of LRs modding going on right now, so people just see it on the side in recent topics and immediately think it is about LRs without checking which game section it was posted in first.

I do believe you are correct in your assumption, Sega.

Alright, I figured out History.gsi (Sorta) It works something like this.

Your score goes between Hex Value 00 (The one after the name of the player, in the case Rac) & 11. 03 is red, 02 is blue, 01 is yellow, and 00, like always, is nothing. so...

00000100000006000303030303020202020301010101010202020203030303031100000200FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF0000
Should give me this

gallery_6011_279_11091.png

The score list works just like the score cube, the first five is Racing, the next Jet Ski... and the characters work in this ordor: Pepper, Mama, Papa, Nick, Nora. However, your score is reversed once you load your game. :(

• Like 1

G#.GS

I don't know much about it, but it controls literately everything. Starts off with 0C, after some 00s, 01, which controls which charterer you are (In this case, Pepper) (I think I explained this one already), next has something to do with charterers, then proceeds to the sky colour (Strangely, this is stored as plain text). Somewhere in the middle of it are your vehicles. The bottom of it has your (real) score. However, it's a bit...strange.

Example (Sky): Let's start with 00 00 00. The first 00 controls the colour (Works exactly the same as in-game), the next is brightness, and finally saturation.

LEGO1.DLL
EXRicky has his own documentation on this now.
Players.gsi

Another bizarre one (I am at loss as to how this works). [6/9/2013] Example is failure.

History.gsi

It starts with the name of the player (I am still at loss as to how names are stored). Your score goes behind a hex 11 (If the last letter of you name is C). A hex of 03 is red, 02 is blue, 01 is yellow, 00 is grey. Feel free to delete this, your score will just get imported again.

I have also found things get even more bizarre with multiple players.

Note to EXRicky: This is unfinished and inaccurate. I really need to pick up on it.

Edited by Car CrazeXVI

• 6 months later...

Alright, I figured out History.gsi (Sorta) It works something like this.

Your score goes between Hex Value 00 (The one after the name of the player, in the case Rac) & 11. 03 is red, 02 is blue, 01 is yellow, and 00, like always, is nothing. so...

00000100000006000303030303020202020301010101010202020203030303031100000200FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF0000

Should give me this

gallery_6011_279_11091.png
The score list works just like the score cube, the first five is Racing, the next Jet Ski... and the characters work in this ordor: Pepper, Mama, Papa, Nick, Nora. However, your score is reversed once you load your game. :(

*lora -_-

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.