Everybody, I need you help.

McJobless

As an aspiring game developer, I'm very interested in feedback. It allows me to make better games and work closer with my community. I made this survey, and it'd be great if I can get as many of you guys to complete it as possible.

http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=wfogqc0hqfs6wgf94429

Thanks. If you could share this survey around to as many websites as you can, that'd be great.

• Like 2

Completed it - whew, it's pretty big, but no problem :)

With regards to question 20 (Do you ever question why a level looks the way it does in linear games (a game with a predetermined path)? Have you ever been confused by the layout, and wondered how the player character seems to be able to traverse through the universe without being confused?), I guess I've never really had the need to, as I generally play high-rated games, so I ticked 'No'. But I'm sure I would in other situations where games were poor enough.

Thank you guys! Currently at 75 people, hoping to at least get another 15 from college today. We'll see what happens.

Anyways, your responses have been amazing so far, so thank you.

I'd like to point out that for question 28, I thought it was due to the fact that they were completely new, yet effective intellectual properties.

This survey covers a lot of aspects in games and their development, good job on that! I wasn't able to answer all questions, for I do not know all games listed in this survey, but I did finish it :)

Fun survey.  I wish there had been more "Other" tick boxes where you could enter a more personalized answer.  There were a lot of times that I didn't agree with either option so I had to pick the one I most agreed with.  Other than that, I thought it was pretty good.  Please share the results when you're done collecting info.

• Like 2

Fun survey.  I wish there had been more "Other" tick boxes where you could enter a more personalized answer.  There were a lot of times that I didn't agree with either option so I had to pick the one I most agreed with.  Other than that, I thought it was pretty good.  Please share the results when you're done collecting info.

Problem with 'other' is that it does really supply and answer other than 'not those'. I think the point was to choose the one that you would pick if it was only those choices.

Problem with 'other' is that it does really supply and answer other than 'not those'. I think the point was to choose the one that you would pick if it was only those choices.

Right, that's why you would supply a text box for the user to elaborate.  The short fall of not giving such an option isi that you get data that isn't necessarily correct, or that you might read in a way that doesn't reflect the reality.

Right, that's why you would supply a text box for the user to elaborate.  The short fall of not giving such an option isi that you get data that isn't necessarily correct, or that you might read in a way that doesn't reflect the reality.

True, but then written opinions are hard to turn into a statistic. Good for feedback, not good for stats.

True, but then written opinions are hard to turn into a statistic. Good for feedback, not good for stats.

Granted, but I would imagine you could find some pattern.  If not, then you would simply show that people chose "Other," which would indicate the need for further inquiry.

I'd like to point out that for question 28, I thought it was due to the fact that they were completely new, yet effective intellectual properties.

Alice: Madness Returns was the sequel to the well recieved American McGee's Alice. I do agree about that on Psyconauts, though.

Done.

The questions where it says, "Select none for none of the above" do not appear to have a "none" option.

I may have worded that slightly wrong, sorry. I mean to say "Do not click any of the boxes".

You have to pay for that and for the text boxes where people can give their own answers, thus why they weren't present.

Thank you guys for all your help, the data is coming through thick, fast, and it's all amazing! Only a couple more places to distribute the link to and then I can share all the data.

• 11 months later...

I just woke up, but let me take the trash out and reply to my brother's text about me being a groomsman for his wedding, then I'll be happy to contribute to the survey.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.