Drifting on LR1

Wabburio

Is is possible to edit the drifting on LR1 yet?

Most racing games with drifting, like Mario Kart, Diddy Kong racing and Sonic and (Sega) All stars racing (Transformed), have drifting as a key part to increasing speed. Is is possible to have a similar system on LR1?

At the moment Drifting on LR1 is basically horrible compared to other racing games. The cornering is too tight meaning you're more likely to hit the wall than go round a corner.

It would be nice to see the drifting fixed and to be more useful in a race.

I agree that LR1's drifting is flat-out horrible, but I'm not sure if there's any way to change it - seems to me that things like car controls/physics would be hardcoded for the most part (aside from maybe some variables in configuration files here and there), at least to the extent of making drifiting give speed boosts impossible.

I'm going to have to agree, vehicle physics are most likely hardcoded. Even then, I doubt it would be a simple "change X value to Y". You'd probably have to rebuild the entire physics model to get drifting to respond the way you want.

In the meantime, *Need for Speed Underground 2*.

Funny thing is, I never knew about the drifting until recently, about a year ago. Just by chance actually, when I pressed the wrong key (which was the drift-key). Nowadays, I still don't drift, AI's don't either :P. But to get to the point of this topic, at the moment I will have to agree with the difficulty of changing car physics.

I've never really had a problem with the "drifting". I think it's because I never saw it as a traditional drift, but as a... well, powerslide, to take corners really quickly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.