LEGO Friends Wins Three Toy of the Year Awards

lol username

Despite controversy and criticism from both LEGO fans and feminist groups, LEGO Friends has not only sold incredibly well, but has just now won the Toy of the Year award.

Yes, you read that right. LEGO Friends has been named the Toy of the Year.

It also won two additional awards for best activity toy and best girl toy, meaning LEGO Friends has won three big-shot awards in one go. On top of all that, LEGO Architecture won the best specialty toy award, making for four awards for LEGO. LEGO has stated they intend to make Friends a continual, "evergreen" LEGO theme, along the same ranks as LEGO City and LEGO Star Wars, and given its massive success, I think we can expect LEGO Friends to be around for many years to come - sorry, haters!

Sources: Heartlake Friends, a LEGO Friends fansite, yes, they exist.

Wasn't the concept of Friends already slightly evergreen, with things like Scala and Belvile before it?
Also, Star Wars is an evergreen theme? That... that actually confuses me more.

While this is lame.... that it got toy of the year amongst others, this is a good "in your face" to that "anti-group" women power club (sparkle something?).

So long as it doesn't interfere with the proper sets they make, i'm ok with it.

"Toy of the Year" doesn't mean it was the BEST toy created this year.... despite the title.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.