• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Fushigisaur

Fushigisaur

Merry trick or gobble year

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
Hey, is it possible to run RCT2 in a window, instead of fullscreen? I tried adding -windowed to the shortcut like with LRR but it didn;t work.

Having it always in fullscreen is very inconvenient.

RobExplorien

Hey, is it possible to run RCT2 in a window, instead of fullscreen? I tried adding -windowed to the shortcut like with LRR but it didn;t work.

I'm not sure if this is possible with the standard game configuration, but I mostly use Alt+Tab to switch between game screen and 'normal' screen.

Also, this might help you a bit: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VuawyRSqYTc

Fushigisaur

Fushigisaur

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

I'm not sure if this is possible with the standard game configuration, but I mostly use Alt+Tab to switch between game screen and 'normal' screen.
Also, this might help you a bit: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VuawyRSqYTc

Bah, youtube. Can't watch youtube videos because of the stupid internet filter.

But I could read the description, and I downloaded the hack files, now how do I use them?

RobExplorien

But I could read the description, and I downloaded the hack files, now how do I use them?

Allow me to explain then (as I quote from the video):

- First off, open RollerCoaster Tycoon 2.

- Then, go to options in-game and make sure the resolution is set to either 800x600 or 640x480.

- Close the game.

- Go to your RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 directory and open it (often found in Program Files --> Infogrames --> RollerCoaster Tycoon 2)

- Then place the extracted files from the download in that directory.

- Start the game and it should play in windowed mode now.

NOTE: To move the camera around rather than moving the mouse to the corresponding side of the screen, hold down right click and move the mouse around to scroll the camera.

• Fushigisaur thanked this

DrDeath

It is the options in both 1 & 2.  It is in mine anyways.

Fushigisaur

Fushigisaur

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
Okay I got RCT2 running in a window. WOOOOOOOAH. Yeah this is gonna be awesome...

RobExplorien

Some interesting development info and images of RCT, dating as far back as september 1996 when the concept of a White Knuckle game was made by the one and only Chris Sawyer:

http://www.angelfire...e/feature1.html

• JimbobJeffers thanked this

Fushigisaur

Fushigisaur

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
I just re-read this thread, and I have no idea what I was working on that I was being so coy about >.>

I'd like to try modding RCT2 (from what I've read it's a very mod-friendly game) but I don't know how and can't seem to find a good tutorial or the right tools to do so. Such is life.

JimbobJeffers

Oh wow, thank you so much for that link Rob! It was great reading through it.