Broken Apples: A Showcase of Apple's "Finest"

STUDZ

Whadda Ya Think?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of this project if it ever sees the light of day?

• Yes
    • Nope
  2. 2. Would you be willing to help out in any way if this project lifts off?

• Sure!
    • Nope
    • Maybe...

Well, this took long enough for someone to come up with it.

You know how most (if not ALL) Apple products are fragile? How countless iPods/iPhones break with elaborate spiderweb cracks on the so-called "gorilla glass" touchscreen? How many tech-geeks look down on these products because they're so thin and fragile?

Why isn't there a showcase of broken iOS devices?

Well, I've been thinking about it for a while, and I think I came up with a pretty good proposal: I like to call it Broken Apples.

Broken Apples will basically be a collective pool of images of various iPods/iPhones, and maybe the occasional MacBook Air, all with glorious battle damage. They'll probably mostly be your standard spiderweb cracks, but who knows? We may get some blown-up iPhones! :P

What's more, you can submit your broken apple image with a story on how it happened. People can comment on it and stuff. You know, the usual. 

This project is still in the Ideas phase, but I hope to have it up-and-running in Indie fashion (It comes out when it comes out!).

Any other ideas? Questions? Criticisms? Put 'em here!

I wouldn't limit myself to pictures of smashed products... because you can only say "oh broken glass" an amount of times before it gets old. I'd expand it to product goofs such as malfunctions, crash screens, errors etc...

Sad thing is, my iPod is indestructible. I'm being serious here, that thing has taken more punishment than a woman who's into BDSM, and it still hasn't cracked. Only slight scratches.

Sad thing is, my iPod is indestructible. I'm being serious here, that thing has taken more punishment than a woman who's into BDSM, and it still hasn't cracked. Only slight scratches.

One question: Is it a First Gen iPod?

I have a 5th nano that went through the washer AND dryer while in my jeans pocket, and I tore it apart later. Screen and glass of its socket, battery and motherboard loose, ribbon cables snapped, I tore it apart. I have pictures, bt since you are only accepted iOS stuff, I have nothing.

I wish I still had my 3rd Gen iPod Nano. That thing was absolutely ripped to shreds when I may or may not have accidentally put it in one of those grinding pots and then accidentally grounded it up...

Or my 5th Gen iPod Nano. The click wheel stopped functioning so I had the bright idea to rip it open. At first I used a couple staples, then there was the paper clip, and who could forget prying it off with a pair of pliers? After that, when I realised I had pretty much made it unfixable, the autopsy began. I ripped out everything brutally, due to only have a pair of pliers (my security screwdrivers were gone). And then finally, I replaced it all, stuck it together with super-glue, and snapped it in half with a bench press and a hammer.

Meanwhile, my iPod Shuffle 1G, you know, the white stick, was highly dependable. It survived just about every attack, including drops, falling into sinks full of water, being smashed and thrown. But, one thing it didn't survive was old age. R.I.P. Little Buddy.

One question: Is it a First Gen iPod?

No. 4th Gen iTouch.

I have a 5th nano that went through the washer AND dryer while in my jeans pocket, and I tore it apart later. Screen and glass of its socket, battery and motherboard loose, ribbon cables snapped, I tore it apart. I have pictures, bt since you are only accepted iOS stuff, I have nothing.

Actually, that's only for the first days of Broken Apples. Since iOS devices are notorious for breaking (save for, perhaps, the 1st Gen iPod Touch), my main focus would be on devices like that. But, perhaps in the near future, I could put a section for "Pre-iOS iPods".

As for Zeph's 4th Gen iTouch: O_O How...? Those things are my main focus! How did yours survive? Were you using a case or something???

The Ace Railgun

Hmm I've got a completely wrecked 4th gen with the screen half way replaced...also a 2nd gen that went through the wash and dryer and is still kicking.

I'd show you my laptop post cleaning, but it is a Dell.

How is that in any way, shape or form related to the subject matter?

Cause the screen now has water damage.

I'd show you my laptop post cleaning, but it is a Dell.

How is that in any way, shape or form related to the subject matter?

Cause the screen now has water damage.

The subject matter is not "did your computer break via water damage?" It's "how did your Apple product end up up with a .40 bullet hole in the middle of the screen, and is this still in warranty?!"

If you don't have an Apple product which has been damaged, then you have no need to post.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.