What's up with turbos?

RobExplorien

Green power-ups are probably everyone's favorite in LEGO Racers, and it are power-ups that a racing game cannot go without. But the turbos in this game sometimes act a little strange. I don't know if this is intended to be sometimes, or it is just a bug, I'll leave you to judge about that. AI's are also programmed to some limitations compared to the player (I think). For example, the use of a turbo at the start. I've made a video pointing out what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx49V5MwYU4

I'd like to know if you have experienced this as well, or if you know any more about the behaviour of a turbo. I have more footage showing other turbo-related 'bugs?', but I plan to upload it later on.

EDIT: Here is the extra footage that I planned to upload. Once again, it shows some of the bugs and/or glitches of the turbo power-up.

• Like 1

Yes, I already knew about those 'bugs'. They seem to belong to the AI's paths that they become slower when bumping into another car.

But - maybe you also noticed - when the AI are slowed down in FLYSKYHGH cheat and then they 'jump' (so they hover a bit higher above the ground - just where they would jump if the cheat hasn't been activated) they get either slower (when they were fast) or they become faster again (when they were extremely slow)

But - maybe you also noticed - when the AI are slowed down in FLYSKYHGH cheat and then they 'jump' (so they hover a bit higher above the ground - just where they would jump if the cheat hasn't been activated) they get either slower (when they were fast) or they become faster again (when they were extremely slow)

Yes indeed, because I've seen AI's going faster again when they reach the end of a slope, or something like that.

How do you let the Demo run on Windows 7?

Can you specify that? It's just waiting at the main menu until the demo screen pops up.

Not working for my LR (again xD). When I just wait at main menu on my Windows 7 nothing happens.

When I run LR on my XP it does.

Well, sometimes the demo also runs on my 7, but only if I:

Win or lose a race in single player (not quit or cancel - finish it)

have only special cheats activated (in some cheat combos the demp doesn't work either).

But that's also only sometimes... irregularly 

My LR's kinda different to the normal ones, eh?

Not working for my LR (again xD). When I just wait at main menu on my Windows 7 nothing happens.

When I run LR on my XP it does.

Well, sometimes the demo also runs on my 7, but only if I:

Win or lose a race in single player (not quit or cancel - finish it)

have only special cheats activated (in some cheat combos the demp doesn't work either).

But that's also only sometimes... irregularly 

My LR's kinda different to the normal ones, eh?

Well, I run the game on Windows 7 as well, and I have never had any problems with the demo not running. So what's up with your copy of the game? :P

I think that they do not go fast when shot at because they are programmed to stop and then go when they reach the ground. With the FLYSKYHIGH cheat it is impossible to touch the ground so they do not move very fast. Once you collide with them then they start moving because this tells the computer that it's on the ground.

That's interesting about the warp glitch with King Kali. I wonder if we can figure out how to get stuck in the warp ourselfs and then we could warp infinitly. Might be possible with cheat engine!

That's interesting about the warp glitch with King Kali. I wonder if we can figure out how to get stuck in the warp ourselfs and then we could warp infinitly. Might be possible with cheat engine!

That can also happen to the players!

This is just a bug after - I guess - you have taken too many warps. Just activate MXPMX and PGLLGRN and try some races (best: with all AI because then the game has to work more --> easier to glitch when overpowered). Anytime you will get stuck in the warp. Bad thing about this is that you cannot finish the races. you have to restart then.

• 3 months later...

There was something familiar about the warp glitch with King Kahuka stuck in one. I only had one of those glitches happen on Black Knight when playing on the RRR map. No cheats were activated though.

Edit: Sorry for bumping a 4-month old topic about this. Didn't see the date of the last post until now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.