LEGO Racers AI

RobExplorien

Because of my interest in the AI of this game, I decided to analyse their behaviour. I made a simple video showing you what I mean (see link below). I'm going to analyse more of the AI behaviour, and try to explain or give multiple examples of it. I'd like to know what you think of it, and I'm all open for discussions (obviously). Note that it's just me driving, and I might use the demo later on to point other behaviour out. Over the years I've managed to mimic the AI's behaviour as much as possible.

@Creator I understand what you mean by Pharaoh's Mummy getting a free ride on this. The video may prove what you said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCDHUAcFs0k

I'll be posting more videos about AI's, glitches and other stuff concerning LEGO Racers (not on RRU, but on my Youtube account).

Just manually, thanks for pointing out. I edited the topic now. It would be nice though if I could have the demo (AI) use a vehicle and minifigure other that King Kahuka and his car.

It would be nice though if I could have the demo (AI) use a vehicle and minifigure other that King Kahuka and his car.

You can. Just use origamiguy's circuit edit, and change "KK" in the first slot of the first circuit to who ever you like. Also, you can switch the R0 path files with some different ones, in order to observe the demo from someone else's perspective.

If you used an analog joystick, it might look even more like the AI is driving.

Well, that's the problem for me, I don't have a joystick to connect to my computer. The AI does make smoother turns, that's correct. But I'm not used to joysticks in this game, and prefer the arrow keys.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

I have a controller, but I don't think it supports analog. I'll barely tilt my joystick to the left and my character will go all the way.

LR2 does support analog though.

• 3 weeks later...

Cool video.

Once we get to the point of being able to change more things I would love to see the AIs have more variation on where they go because ATM they just seem to follow the same path and do the same things. It'll be fun to see them randomise where they go and be less... predictable.

Once we get to the point of being able to change more things I would love to see the AIs have more variation on where they go because ATM they just seem to follow the same path and do the same things. It'll be fun to see them randomise where they go and be less... predictable.

Well, this is mostly due to the laziness of High Voltage Software. As far as I know, most opponents have a mere two or three different paths to follow, even though there's room for at least 9, possibly even 27.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.