Just when you thought...

Cyrem

I bring you:

A New Hope.

gallery_1_1_549354.jpg

Yes, what you see is RR running at 1920x1080. I haven't done any testing on other systems yet for my new launcher, but my hack is working.

BUT! I still haven't found a way to move that stupid toolbar position. So you currently have to wait until it moves out of screen, then when it comes back, the buttons will enable again. Meaning, I have to wait like 5 seconds each time I click a button on it >_> .

But ignore that problem for now, just look at it... YOU CAN SEE EVERYTHING SO CLEAR!

• Like 3

No, it's interesting for this reason:

Cyrem was able to get the game running at higher resolutions before, but the problem was that he was unable to move the air meter out of the way. He could push it around with an image, but he couldn't make it transparent. This made everything look hideous. It seemed that everything except the air meter was movable by changing cfg values. This seems not to be the case anymore though...

While I do not own Rock Raiders, I'm still excited by this. This means that, although RR has been cracked and modded to the end, there is still more to be uncovered. :)

No, it's interesting for this reason:

Cyrem was able to get the game running at higher resolutions before, but the problem was that he was unable to move the air meter out of the way. He could push it around with an image, but he couldn't make it transparent. This made everything look hideous. It seemed that everything except the air meter was movable by changing cfg values. This seems not to be the case anymore though...

Ah actually, that is still the case. I can get rid of the air meter though.

Previously, it was only possible to get RR running at 1024x768. But now I can make it go to custom resolutions.

Wow how

Have you finally broken the game? Have we at last passed the limits of what we could do with simple text editing and modeling?

I am stunned, really.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to share with everyone my latest progress:

gallery_1_1_434822.jpg

Toolbar Position: HAXXED. I've also gotten it to switch slightly faster.

The two issues that remain are that the oxygen bar and ore bar aren't trasparent, so I can not make the image larger to move them, I can live without the bars, so i'll probably remove them.

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning. I await the final result.

The ore bar is okay to die. The oxygen bar is somewhat important though, as is the message panel. Blah.

Absolutely stunning. I await the final result.

The ore bar is okay to die. The oxygen bar is somewhat important though, as is the message panel. Blah.

Remember, you still get notifications that your oxygen bar is going down in the message panel, and i'm pretty sure I can push the message panel down.

Remember, you still get notifications that your oxygen bar is going down in the message panel, and i'm pretty sure I can push the message panel down.

But you can't see exactly HOW far down it is. I guess that adds an element of suspense, on the other hand. 

Hey Cyrem, in your first image, what's that green box next to the Crystal Bar?

Encyclopedia window, the game doesn't use it.

I had a hunch it might of been. Good to see it at least shows up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.