Dino Grand Prix

Fluffy Cupcake

Leumeister

Um, I have a couple of questions:

1) Do we already know how to open the GAMEDATA.GTC file, or is there another way to rip the textures?

2) Would these mods work on an ISO of LEGO Racers PS1?

I'm fairly sure that the LEGO.JAM file in the PS1 game is the same as in the PC game. At least I remember someone saying, if I'm wrong let me know.

lol username

I'm fairly sure that the LEGO.JAM file in the PS1 game is the same as in the PC game. At least I remember someone saying, if I'm wrong let me know. The contents aren't the same, but the format is, if I remember right. So you can extract the PS1 JAM like the PC one (and the N64 ROM, too, with a bit of tweaking).

And no, we don't have an extractor for the GTC format yet, these were ripped through some other program I can't remember at the moment.

Fluffy Cupcake

these were ripped through some other program I can't remember at the moment.

They were ripped with NinjaRipper. Most textures from LR2 can be found in this topic http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/4357-some-lego-racers-2-textures/#entry83556, inlcuding almost all worlds, menu stuff, and menu character builder pieces, the only thing missing is random objects, NPC pieces, and Xalax (I never did get around to doing Xalax... and no one asked or seems to want it enough atm).

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I noticed you had the same skybox issue I was having, in regards to the skyring. That little band of white across the horizon? I wish we could get rid of that! But other than that, great mod!

Fluffy Cupcake

I can confirm that white bit is NOT the skyring. I completely replaced the model with another (while actually making the object completely a complete null object beforehand) and that white ring still exists.

To back this up, I even made BACKGRD.WDB, the file that tells the game what files are in the background, that there is no skyring.

HUH! Weird....well, at least we know that! I'm gonna try experimenting with this a bit more...maybe there's actually an indexed color that needs to be in the bottom part of the skybox in order for that to disappear? I went with my gut on that one, but it makes a bit of sense.

So what all did you do to the WDB file?

Edited by musiclover350

Fluffy Cupcake

So what all did you do to the WDB file?

I made it empty. Not a single letter or number in there. Just like some other tracks.

I just found out by the model viewer that the white bit is part of the track's GDB itself. So yeah, have fun fishing out that part from the track...

Well, at least it's good to know that we don't need the skyring files for the tracks that have them anymore. Now, I wonder if this is a problem for ALL 3 (IGP, PSP, and TIT) that have a skyring, or just Imperial Grand Prix? I'm gonna find that out right now.

Turns out it's isolated only to Imperial Grand Prix! At least we're making discoveries, that's the first step....now if there was some way we could isolate all the different parts of a GDB and trim out what we don't want....that would be amazing.

Edited by musiclover350

Even without the skyring files, we can't change the SKB of IGP, TIT, or PSP. I just tried it with PSP, and instead of a white strip, this happened: 

UGHH.JPG

So does all this mean there's something hidden inside the track's GDB that makes it impossible to replace the SKB?
I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that the skyring is set to diffuse at a certain color. If we can change that color, that might fix the problem.

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that the skyring is set to diffuse at a certain color. If we can change that color, that might fix the problem.

It is likely set to match the color of the bottom of the skybox, and as for why it uses the water texture, to help create a water-to-sky blend effect, likely.

So does all this mean there's something hidden inside the track's GDB that makes it impossible to replace the SKB?

No...? Why would you want to replace the skybox with anything? There would be no sky if that file didn't exist.

Okay, strike that last thought. It was, after all, a thought.

So first off, is it possible to change the color of the skyring? I can't find out for myself right now, I'm finishing my AP calculus and then calling it a night.

Fluffy Cupcake

Yes, as the file is a model, and we can change the colours of models and literally anything else in the game at this point due to the binary editor, although doing it may not always be the easiest thing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.