Binary File Editor

dead_name

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm pretty sure that the EVB file is for the sound of every event, and not the actual script of the event.

EDIT:

It contains most of the race track sounds, and it connects the finish line (or the checkpoints) to it's function.

Alright, good to know. Thanks for looking into it!

I'm pretty sure that the EVB file is for the sound of every event, and not the actual script of the event.

EDIT:

It contains most of the race track sounds, and it connects the finish line (or the checkpoints) to it's function.

Alright, good to know. Thanks for looking into it!

No problem :D

• 3 months later...

Version 1.4 is here!

Speed improvements and an icon that's been in the code repo for almost two years now. Also open-sourced it.

Yay! Thanks, Will. :thumbsup:

I did have a request for this which I forgot to make. Is it possible to make this program save comments? At the moment I have to keep a separate text file with all the comments in it, and copy that over each time I open a modified and commented GDB file.

On 11/27/2014 at 4:08 AM, JimbobJeffers said:

Yay! Thanks, Will.  :thumbup:

I did have a request for this which I forgot to make. Is it possible to make this program save comments? At the moment I have to keep a separate text file with all the comments in it, and copy that over each time I open a modified and commented GDB file.

Sadly not. I appreciate how useful a feature it'd be, but to my knowledge I can't store extraneous data in the binary files without the game screaming at me. I might look into alternate methods of doing it, but don't hold your breath.

In other news, I've just uploaded a minor update. This fixes a couple of issues that le717 pointed out. On the backend it also ditches some internal code, relying now on >LibLR1 instead. This makes my development setup a lot cleaner and will mean a more stable setup going forward.

Edited by Slimy Slug
Fixed link

• 5 years later...

I don't know how active the LR1 modding scene has been recently (not very, judging by the fact that the last post to these forums was about a year ago), but I seem to have found a bug in either this program or LibLR1.  Saving this input as a GDB file then reading it back in results in this output.  As you can see,  somewhere in the saving process, pairs of integers (always -7 and 7, or -8 and 8 ) are being injected.  Thoughts, anyone?

grappigegovert
On 4/14/2020 at 8:33 PM, J_128 said:

I don't know how active the LR1 modding scene has been recently (not very, judging by the fact that the last post to these forums was about a year ago), but I seem to have found a bug in either this program or LibLR1.  Saving this input as a GDB file then reading it back in results in this output.  As you can see,  somewhere in the saving process, pairs of integers (always -7 and 7, or -8 and 8 ) are being injected.  Thoughts, anyone?

Looks like the editor doesn't handle scientific notation correctly.
It tries to parse the number in a regex which doesn't include the E-xx suffix.
https://bitbucket.org/WillKirkby/lr1binaryeditor/src/9adcbe5a3879c2a65f463104e36461402d57adc8/LR1BinaryEditor/Util.cs#lines-313

Did you generate this input yourself? Maybe you can round each value to a few decimals, that should fix it I think.

On 4/22/2020 at 11:57 AM, grappigegovert said:

Looks like the editor doesn't handle scientific notation correctly.
It tries to parse the number in a regex which doesn't include the E-xx suffix.
https://bitbucket.org/WillKirkby/lr1binaryeditor/src/9adcbe5a3879c2a65f463104e36461402d57adc8/LR1BinaryEditor/Util.cs#lines-313

Did you generate this input yourself? Maybe you can round each value to a few decimals, that should fix it I think.

Oh, that makes sense.  But that is rather annoying.

In answer to your question, yes and no.  The input comes from my "Export LR1 Mesh" Blender addon which I'm currently working on.  It writes out a plaintext file that can then be copied into the LR1 Binary Editor and saved as a proper GDB (and eventually [hopefully], BVB) file.  I am planning to share it with this community once it's (closer to) done, but if you'd like a link to the current version, I could give you one.  It's not nearly finished, and hardcodes a lot of values, but it does pretty much work.  Here's a little snippet of a project I'm working on that used it.

Spoiler

RRLR:

RRLR-png.png

• Suprised 2
  • Cool Bro 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 5:16 AM, TheChief said:

Well I'm interested in this. That looks pretty cool. Are there ways in which I can help?

Does "this" mean my projects, or the Binary File Editor?  If it's the former, thanks!  And I don't know...  If Project RRLR is what you're interested in, probably not, unless you can tell me why Lego Racers complains that my GDB is "Unsupported".  (Should I make a thread about this? Probably.)  If it's the Blender export addon you're interested in, however, and if you're familiar with Blender and Python, and knowledgeable about LR's mesh formats, you're more than welcome to contribute once (and if) I decide to get it uploaded to my Github repo. ?

grappigegovert

I've never seen an "Unsupported" error before, I'm quite interested in what your file looks like :old_gasp:
It wouldn't hurt to make a thread about it :)

On 5/14/2020 at 6:56 PM, J_128 said:

Does "this" mean my projects, or the Binary File Editor?  If it's the former, thanks!  And I don't know...  If Project RRLR is what you're interested in, probably not, unless you can tell me why Lego Racers complains that my GDB is "Unsupported".  (Should I make a thread about this? Probably.)  If it's the Blender export addon you're interested in, however, and if you're familiar with Blender and Python, and knowledgeable about LR's mesh formats, you're more than welcome to contribute once (and if) I decide to get it uploaded to my Github repo. ?

I'm interesting in anything everything related to getting custom tracks into LR. I have some programming experience, no extensive experience with Blender though.

I'm getting up to date with the file formats, I'll take a look at that GDB and let you know if I find anything.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.