LEGO Racers PS1 Soundtrack

mumboking

I've managed to extract the music from the PS1 version of LEGO Racers.

I converted the XAI files to WAVs, then to MP3s. These aren't just a recording.

Download link: Click me

With updated metadata and album art (Courtesy of Xiron): Click me

If anyone wants the WAVs, let me know and I'll throw them up on Mediafire (290MB). I say this, because the MP3 files have a small silence in the beginning that may affect looping.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

I've updated the metadata in your pack, and added in the album art from Lair's PC pack.

I tend not to embed album art in the files themselves because of file sizes. If I do embed album art (for single tracks, not full albums), I embed 256px by 256px art.

For whole albums, I use a single AlbumArt.jpg (because my phone uses it) in the album's folder

Either way, added your download to the first post. :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, coltonunited said:

Is it possible if you guys could upload the raw WAVs for this soundtrack? Thanks in advance.

I'll give it a go. I forgot how I did it originally though. :P

Thanks a bunch! I've been looking all over for this... Is the N64 music higher quality or not? I have my doubts though due to the ROM being on a cartridge and not on CD.

5 minutes ago, coltonunited said:

Thanks a bunch! I've been looking all over for this... Is the N64 music higher quality or not? I have my doubts though due to the ROM being on a cartridge and not on CD.

The N64 music is played like a midi file, rather than being pre-recorded. It's possible that the recorded music in the PC and PS1 versions is a recording of the N64 music. I've never really listened to them closely enough to tell.

Unfortunately, I'm having difficulty extracting the XAI files. :(

Just now, coltonunited said:

What program did you use originally for them anyways?

I'm not sure. It's been 3 years since I did it originally.

2 minutes ago, coltonunited said:

Wouldn't XAEX help you out a bunch to grab these? This should help you in your extraction quest: http://www.zophar.net/utilities/psxutil/xaex.html

That's what I'm trying to use now. It doesn't seem to work on Win10, so I'm using an XP laptop.

It keeps complaining about "Media not insert." and "The system cannot execute the  specified program."

I'm pretty sure I'm using it correctly, so I'm not sure what's going on. :/

Just now, coltonunited said:

Try running it off a batch file and see if that helps you any...

That's exactly what I'm doing. With or without a batch file, it's not working. :?:

Maybe try looking up the command line options in the readme. They could help you out in this case...

Or just let it execute without any switches and see what it says for command line options (you need to make sure you use the pause command at the end of the batch file).

3 minutes ago, coltonunited said:

Maybe try looking up the command line options in the readme. They could help you out in this case...

Or just let it execute without any switches and see what it says for command line options (you need to make sure you use the pause command at the end of the batch file).

CD-ROM/XA data extracter Version 0.1  Copyright (C) 1998 SOLTIN software
Usage : xaex xa_filename data_filename

What it says is how I'm using it.

Does the filepath that you have the files, the program, OR the result file have spaces or special characters? If so, it could be throwing XAEX out of wack, so check your paths for any spaces or special characters.

Does the filepath that you have the files, the program, OR the result file have spaces or special characters? If so, it could be throwing XAEX out of wack, so check your paths for any spaces or special characters.

All filepaths are enclosed in quotes, so spaces shouldn't be an issue. Even trying it with the file directly on the C:\ drive fails.

There are no special characters either.

Then check your file permissions for that folder and all recursive folders (the ones you have to open to get into the main directory XAE is in) and also make sure you're running XAEX as admin.

1 minute ago, coltonunited said:

Then check your file permissions for that folder and all recursive folders (the ones you have to open to get into the main directory XAE is in) and also make sure you're running XAEX as admin.

I am an admin on that computer. I have permissions for the folders.

1 minute ago, coltonunited said:

The output filename could be the problem too. Make sure it doesn't have any spaces either. Some programs are fussy with those too.

Right... I put in XAEX.EXE "D:\TEST.XAI" "C:\TEST"

I get

CD-ROM/XA data extracter Version 0.1  Copyright (C) 1998 SOLTIN software
Drive not ready.

It fails.

Either your LR1 PS1  disc isn't in the drive or you forgot to mount it...

I know for sure the disc is in there. I can even copy the XAI files off the disc onto the hard drive. Before you ask, yes I've tried using XAEX on the copied files, no it doesn't work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.