Volume of the game

Furiousfragger

Furiousfragger

Hey guys,

I have a problem. I want to film LRR with fraps but the game volume is to loud and i can't fix it with the mixer of Windows 7.

Does somebody know how to turn it down so i can film it?

Gr. FuriousFragger

Couldn't you turn it down in post (aka Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas or whatever you're going to use, just lower the volume of the recording from the game and overlay your voice (if you're doing voice)?)?

What about the volume in the game options (press ESC and then Options), does that work?

• Like 3

I think he's trying to record his voice with Fraps while he's recording LRR. That means no post-production processing as the voiceover and game sounds are on the same track. I have done that before and what I tend to do is make a test recording where I make sure all of my levels are acceptable. I prefer to use a separate recorder so I can adjust everything post-production, but if you can't do that then just make a 30-second test recording before you record for real.

Furiousfragger

What kind of recorder do you prefer?

for now i want to turn the voice of the messenger down because it is to loud.

the rest of the music is turned down so i do not hear that.

I'm a Fraps person  myself, although it can sometimes be a resource-hog. WeGame is a nice, free alternative as well.

Isn't there a slider for voice in the options?

What kind of recorder do you prefer?

I use a Marantz PMD660 which is a standalone recorder. It's completely separate from my computer so I have full control over it at all times. The only issue is that the audio recorded into that is not inherently synced with whatever was recorded with Fraps, but that can be handled when editing the video.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.