22 replies to this topic

Pranciblad

Pranciblad

Out here in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Nx99O8aOjTU
Finally got it to work. Also, jamesster, have you played skeleton act 1 yet? If this mission was a pain, "what's that rumbling?" will make you wanna jump out a window. Here's a hint: BLEAHBLEAHLEAHBLEAH ROOOOOOAR and suddenly everyone's insta-killed. Have fun.

And to extreme: I understand. I don't expect everyone to like the same kinds of games as me. In fact, that'd be pretty boring. I'm not saying Lego Battles is a great game, just a fun one, and one that at least I personally enjoy.

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts
Wait, you can use builders to speed up the time it takes to build heroes?

:|

WELL THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD TO KNOW EARLIER

LimeKiller

LimeKiller

I guess you should go with Alyx.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
My thoughts? What Jamesster said. I couldn't pull myself away when I first got this game. Unfortunately, I can't find my DS right now.

And really, this game would be freaking AWESOME on a PC with real 3D graphics.

Pranciblad

Pranciblad

Out here in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I was thinking about jamesster's story today, as anyone who watched the (terrible) stream I held tonight will know, I was having trouble with a LB1 mission of similar difficulty, Bridge the Gap, because I tried to mess around and go after the relatively wimpy upper base first. This meant that by the time I got to it, the bottom base had a chance to build its more threatening units, to which I stood no chance. It turns out, planting some towers to deal with the upper attackers and bum-rushing the lower base while they're still preparing gets the mission wins it easily. Well, it just goes to show, never take your time or the CPUs will slaughter you. Mercilessly. That is LB LAW.

JimbobJeffers

I was thinking about jamesster's story today, as anyone who watched the (terrible) stream I held tonight will know, I was having trouble with a LB1 mission of similar difficulty, Bridge the Gap, because I tried to mess around and go after the relatively wimpy upper base first. This meant that by the time I got to it, the bottom base had a chance to build its more threatening units, to which I stood no chance. It turns out, planting some towers to deal with the upper attackers and bum-rushing the lower base while they're still preparing gets the mission wins it easily. Well, it just goes to show, never take your time or the CPUs will slaughter you. Mercilessly. That is LB LAW.

I don't have the game, but I think this applies to a lot of RTS games. I used to play Dawn of War all the time (the original series, not the newer one which is less RTS in a way), and when you set the computer to higher difficulty levels, you have no time to dilly-dally - you have to be armed and prepared for invasion within minutes. For this reason I developed two strategies in the game, a defensive one for quick-building armies, and an offensive one for the slower, more powerful armies (who as in your example could be destroyed before their strong units were built), rarely would an inbetween method work.

That may be a little O.T. but still related strategy-wise :)

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Also, would anybody with LB:N happen to have all the cutscene codes? If so, could you please post them? Last I looked, I couldn't find them online, and I'd like to see the rest of the cutscenes in high quality on LEGO.com.

Bumping because I still haven't been able to find these anywhere. I'd like to save them before the site eventually goes down, and I don't have access to the game right now.

The Ace Railgun

Also, would anybody with LB:N happen to have all the cutscene codes? If so, could you please post them? Last I looked, I couldn't find them online, and I'd like to see the rest of the cutscenes in high quality on LEGO.com.

Bumping because I still haven't been able to find these anywhere. I'd like to save them before the site eventually goes down, and I don't have access to the game right now.

Dang it...I used to have these written down somewhere in my massive pile of Myst, and Lego notes...I'll dig around and see if they are still in one piece...I'll PM you if I find them...
  • jamesster thanked this

jamesster

jamesster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts
*bump*

Re-posting so this isn't buried in the other blog posts and lost.

http://www.rockraide...-battles-merge/

Sent an email to Hellbent Games regarding the LEGO Space and LEGO Castle games that were advertised on 2009 set boxes, here's the reply:

Hi Jamie,

Sorry for the slow reply but we are very busy right now. Thanks for the kind words about our LEGO games. I am glad you like them. I will do my best to answer your question.

You are correct. Originally LEGO Battles was developed as three separate games: LEGO Space, LEGO Castle and LEGO Pirates. These titles were to be sold as individual DS games but allow you to connect any of the games together in multiplayer. You could trade units with your friends from the other two carts and win units by competing in multiplayer games against the other carts. Ultimately WB determined they wanted one bigger game instead of the separate games so we merged them into LEGO Battles. We lost a little bit merging into the single game as we used to have some microgames that allowed you to win a chance a units at the end of each game but ultimately I think LEGO Battles is a much bigger and stronger game.

We are currently working on LEGO Friends but unfortunately I cannot discuss any unannounced projects we may be working on. I agree that LEGO and RTS are a nice fit and I am glad to see we have a strong fan base out there!

Thanks

Christopher Mair
CEO/Creative Director

Hellbent Games Inc.

• McStudz thanked this