Rock Raiders Export

Gooman130

Hey everyone, brand new here. I had an interesting idea and I figured I would get a mod-savvy community's opinion on the matter. Would it be possible to convert the Rock Raiders files or some form thereof into a .n64, .v64, or .z64 rom under 64MB? I was thinking since this game was released during the N64 era and was released on the PS1 along with PC that maybe with some converting, downsizing, and compressing you would be able to fit the majority of it into a 64MB N64 rom. I don't know anything about modding but I just had the idea and thought I would put it out there, if you guys think it's plausible then I would love to learn how to do it and maybe get a project going. Thanks =)

Are you basically saying that you'd like Rock Raiders for the N64?

The only way that would be possible is if you had access to the original source code.

You'd probably have to modify the code quite a bit to work on the N64.

So you're saying you want the same game, but worse? You do realize rts with a controller is a pain in the arse, right? Also, the ps1 game was completely different from the PC release, it wasn't a port.. Not to be rude or anything, but even ifit was possible, I wouldn't go for it. Sorry.

I understand that it wouldn't be as good, but I'm just dying for any more LEGO games to play on my N64, sadly my favorite console only made it out with one LEGO title. =/

Right now though that doesn't seem too probable. Oh well.

Tracker yes I have but I don't have the coding know how nor the programs to code an N64 game.

TheDoctore, that is exactly was I was asking. I just got my words mixed up in the op.

The game is about 80 MB between the two WAD files and there's a lot of unused junk in the game, so it's definitely possible to get this under 64 MB. You'd probably have to remove Chief's briefing voiceovers but that's not a big loss. I'm not sure how you would get it converted and playable on the N64 at that point.

Whoa, if it's only 80mb I imagine removing the Chief's voice would get rid of a good portion of the size. It would be fine since there's the text boxes so I guess it is plausible. I just don't have the know how to get it into the N64 file format and would probably need all the raw files.

The majority of Chief's voices aren't part of the WADs, but the data folders. A lot of the space in the WADs besides other sounds are high-poly models and textures, so if you trim down on those you might get something.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.