No valid Gol DLL

TrussROBLOX

My Vista can't handle LR.

It keeps saying:

Unable to find a valid Gol DLL

Error Code = 126

That's all I can tell you. (exepct that it works on my XP)

EDIT: Never mind, got it working. Thanks, guys!

Easy, upgrade to Win7.

These kinds of posts are not helpful at all.

a) Yes they are. Vista is an abomination and there's no excuse for not using Win7.

b) As if the thread title was any more helpful.

Yes they are.
No they aren't. He asked for how to get it working with what he had, and that post did absolutely nothing to help him with that.

Vista is an abomination
You could say that about any Windows OS. Just ask addict.

and there's no excuse for not using Win7.
Yeah, there kinda are. I can think of quite a few off the top of my head.

As if the thread title was any more helpful.
So? That has nothing to do with the post itself, which was fairly detailed, or the responses he got.
  • Like 2

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Vista sucked when it came out. It's far more usable now. In fact, Windows XP is a parallel to Vista in so many ways I have no clue how people came to praise XP to the high heavens, yet the same people lament Vista. What I mean is, Vista RTM and XP RTM both sucked majorly. XP RTM had security thinner than paper and wasn't fixed until Service Pack 2 (You'd think it'd take they'd learn their lesson the first time around...), and Vista was such an overhaul from XP that it was impossible to use and nobody had a clue how to write for it. After SP1, Vista became much better, and it actually matches up to 7 in SP2. In fact, 7 is barely anything more than Vista with a new taskbar.

Lair said it pretty well too, though another thing I'd like to bring up is NOT EVERYONE CAN SHELL OUT TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS ALL THE TIME.

• Like 3

Thank you, MrEightThreeOne. I have been saying what you just did for a few years now on differerent sites, just spread out into smaller, oddly placed chunks. You, however, have just said it all in one place. That was bold, and I commend you.

though another thing I'd like to bring up is NOT EVERYONE CAN SHELL OUT TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS ALL THE TIME.

f you don't have the money to get 7, don't sweat it. ;)

I think you read my mail. :P

And still no one has bothered to help him in the slightest :|

(and don't get on at me, I have no idea how to deal with this sort of issue)

Thank you Lair!

Try doing what dellr suggested:

here put this in the folder you installed the game.

http://rrubucket.s3....olDP_789303.zip

In terms of better English, download the ZIP, extract it, and copy GolDP.dll to the same folder LEGORacers.exe is located at (I would assume C:Program FilesLEGO MediaLEGO Racers, unless you run x64 Vista. Then it would be at C:Program Files (x86)LEGO MediaLEGO Racers). Run the game. If it loads, then your problem is fixed. Please post back here and let us know that it now works. Otherwise, if it gives the same error or a different error, post back here with the error, and we'll keep trying to help you.

Although, GolDP.dll should be present, unless it was somehow not installed or deleted...

a) Yes they are. Vista is an abomination and there's no excuse for not using Win7. b) As if the thread title was any more helpful.

1. I can't afford Windows 7, and I won't. Only because I don't want a whole new computer just to play Lego Racers.

2. Does the title need to be helpful?

In terms of better English, download the ZIP, extract it, and copy GolDP.dll to the same folder LEGORacers.exe is located at (I would assume C:Program FilesLEGO MediaLEGO Racers, unless you run x64 Vista. Then it would be at C:Program Files (x86)LEGO MediaLEGO Racers). Run the game. If it loads, then your problem is fixed. Please post back here and let us know that it now works. Otherwise, if it gives the same error or a different error, post back here with the error, and we'll keep trying to help you. Although, GolDP.dll should be present, unless it was somehow not installed or deleted..

Thanks, I'll try it when I get home. (I'm at hotel)

EDIT: Sorry for double post, but I just figured out how to edit.

2. Does the title need to be helpful?

I like to know what a thread's about before I click on it, and it makes it easier to find later on.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.