AI Racers - Strongest, Weakest, favourite and least favourite...

Creator

Well, as most of you probably know by now, AI opponents in Lego Racers are kind of my thing. So, yeah, I'm just interested in hearing your opinion on those guys. My personal opinion:

Strongest: Gypsy Moth - High speed, good paths, 95% turbo start ratio, fast power-up activation

Weakest: Commander Cold - Slow, path ignores most useful power-ups, hesitates before activating bricks - in fact, I never saw win a race. Pharaoh's Mummy, Alpha Dragonis and Achu have each at least one track they're good at (though not necessarily the one that fits their theme)

Second Weakest: Gail Storm

Favourite: Basil the Batlord, because his car looks cool and the Alpha Dragonis voice fits him really well, for some reason, and Pharaoh's Mummy, because that one's cute and has a scorpion on its hood.

Least Favourite: Baron von Barron, because he usually wins simply by virtue of possessing stronger rubber-banding than anyone else, even without activating any power-ups. Also Captain Redbeard for spamming Cannon Ball.

So, yeah, those are my thoughts. What are yours?

• Like 2

Strongest: Veronica Voltage. She's the staff ghost, so I should think she's better than the other drivers. 100% super turbo start ratio due to her being directly recorded, high speed, and a proper racing line that apexes corners to cut off time.

Weakest: I agree that Commander Cold is slow for the same reasons, though I've never payed attention the AI racers that much.

Favorite: Johnny Thunder. I was a big adventurers fan and in fact...

I'm working on a LEGO Cuusoo project that was in part inspired by the old adventurers sets.

Least Favorite: Mr. Spammy Pirate Captain Redbeard. Spammy spammy spammy.

Strongest: Tie between Gypsy Moth, Rocket Racer, and Veronica Voltage.

Weakest: Captain Redbeard

Favorite: Rocket Racer (best car design)

Least Favorite: Gypsy Moth (bulky car).

Strongest: Veronica

Weakest: Captain Redbeard (maybe even Sam Sinister)

Favorite: Nova Hunter, I really like his red mustache.

Least favorite: Basil the Batlord, his car is boring and he is a stupidly hard boss, but I like him as a minifig.

Favorite: Nova Hunter, I really like his red mustache.

He has a moustache? Well, that changes everything.

Weakest: Captain Redbeard (maybe even Sam Sinister)

He gave me more trouble than Captain Kahuka...

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Best to troll: King Kahuka

Pick up red bricks, find the spaces between his shields, pelt him into third.

C'mon, that's nothing. What's really hilarious is putting magnetic traps just in front of shields. And seeing the one red dot on the map get stuck.

his car looks cool
his car is boring
oh snap head-to-head debate in progress here yeah

Basil's car barely has any bricks on it, that's why I use Quick Bulid Option 2 for Basil in Build.

I recall MrEightThreeOne/LEGOKing/HumongousSoundtracks doing the same on his Walkthrough.

My favorite is... Rocket Racer. IMHO his 1st generation car and outfit are much better, in terms of awesomeness, than his 2nd generation car and outfit

My least favorite... well... Probably Basil. He scared me when I was younger.

Strongest: Veronica Voltage hands down, also my second favorite. I made her car with my LEGO collection.

Weakest: King Kahuka, but a good defense is a good offense, as demonstrated by The Baron with his exclusive yellow and red shield usage.

Least Favorite: Mr. Spammy Pirate

LOL!

Looks like I'm pretty much the only one who pays any attention to non-boss racers^^ As a small child, I enjoyed harassing Johnny Thunder on Imperial Grandprix, just so that Pharaoh's Mummy would win eventually.

Well, with origamiguy working on the AI paths, I'm sure this will be settled officially soon ;)

I can't wait, creating my very own RRB files was my second childhood dream with regards to Lego Racers (the other one was creating custum power up layouts, which I now can, thanks to origamiguy and Huggles). However, I don't think the Paths are all that matter. Timely activation of powerups is one of the weak points of otherwise decent drivers, such as Islander or Governor Broadside.

Well, with origamiguy working on the AI paths, I'm sure this will be settled officially soon ;)

I can't wait, creating my very own RRB files was my second childhood dream with regards to Lego Racers (the other one was creating custum power up layouts, which I now can, thanks to origamiguy and Huggles). However, I don't think the Paths are all that matter. Timely activation of powerups is one of the weak points of otherwise decent drivers, such as Islander or Governor Broadside.

Ah, hadn't thought of that.

Reminds me of this time I was racing Rocket Racer - he was just ahead of me, in the third lap. And I watched him pick up 3 white bricks and a green brick, and thought 'Dang, I've lost this time.'

...'He's not using it!'

Then just as I'm about to whip out my own warp, BAM, he decides to finish trolling me and zip to the finish.

Oh yeah, and a bit more on-topic (not that I've paid much attention to their abilities):

Strongest: Rocket Racer. He was the hardest one for me as a child.

Weakest: In terms of bosses, King Kahuka. Too cowardly for me.

Favorite: Hmmm... Robin Hood's pretty cool, but I can't build his car physically, so it'll have to be Rocket Racer ;)

Least Favorite: Ah, I can't be mean to these racers.

Favorite: Hmmm... Robin Hood's pretty cool,

That one surprises me. When I was a child and unfamiliar with his backstory, I always thought of him as a mean old forest ranger^^ [Foresters in Germany usually wear uniforms in the colour of his car, complete with green hats with a single feather on top, just like he's wearing one] Robin Hood speaking in the voice of Captain Redbeard certainly didn't help making him an endearing character. Also, his racing style is kind of aggressive, I think.

Favorite: Hmmm... Robin Hood's pretty cool,

That one surprises me. When I was a child and unfamiliar with his backstory, I always thought of him as a mean old forest ranger^^ [Foresters in Germany usually wear uniforms in the colour of his car, complete with green hats with a single feather on top, just like he's wearing one] Robin Hood speaking in the voice of Captain Redbeard certainly didn't help making him an endearing character. Also, his racing style is kind of aggressive, I think.

Well, this was the opinion of a kid who watched Disney's Robin Hood and loved the character for that, as well as being in love with the colour green. Until it was mentioned on RRU, I'd never actually noticed the voices as being wrong! (I still haven't actually tried listening to them).

Strongest Racer: Veronica because she is a timed racer. Rocket racer is fastest outside timed races.

Weakest Racer: Even though I love Lego Racers, it would have to be pharoh, commander cold, Sam, and Nova Hunter

Favorite non leaders: Black Knight and Robin Hood

Favorite Leaders: Basil and King Kahuka

Least Favorite and Annoying: Royal King and Govenors Broadside.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as most of you probably know by now, AI opponents in Lego Racers are kind of my thing. So, yeah, I'm just interested in hearing your opinion on those guys. My personal opinion:

Strongest: Gypsy Moth - High speed, good paths, 95% turbo start ratio, fast power-up activation

Weakest: Commander Cold - Slow, path ignores most useful power-ups, hesitates before activating bricks - in fact, I never saw win a race. Pharaoh's Mummy, Alpha Dragonis and Achu have each at least one track they're good at (though not necessarily the one that fits their theme)

Second Weakest: Gail Storm

Favourite: Basil the Batlord, because his car looks cool and the Alpha Dragonis voice fits him really well, for some reason, and Pharaoh's Mummy, because that one's cute and has a scorpion on its hood.

Least Favourite: Baron von Barron, because he usually wins simply by virtue of possessing stronger rubber-banding than anyone else, even without activating any power-ups. Also Captain Redbeard for spamming Cannon Ball.

So, yeah, those are my thoughts. What are yours?

Strongest: Veronica Voltage: She has a lot of tracks to race in, plus a MAJOR diffuculty spike in Ice Planet Pathway. She uses shortcuts (besides ones that reqiure red bricks) and green

O.T.

a red
bricks.

Weakest: Commander cold even though I dont pay attention to AI's, he's always in last.

Favorite: Rocket Racer, he's not a show off like the other racers, his car and suit are EPIC, espically his face. EDIT: And his track.

Least Favorite: King kahuka. He sounds weird, uses shield, and probably the easiest boss in the game. EDIT: and his dance suks.

Glad to hear that AI opponents are also a discussed subject. The AI always took my interest in the game, so my conclusion...

Strongest: I guess I have to agree with others that Veronica Voltage deserves this title. She obviously has an advantage above all the other opponents; invincibility.

Weakest: Either Pharaoh's Mummy or Commander Cold, but I have doubts about this. Ofcourse the opponents on Circuits 3 and 6 all seem to equal your strenghts (except the boss, trying to be even stronger), but the odds of the weakest racers getting above 4th or 5th place aren't actually that small.

Favorite: Indubitably Alpha Dragonis. Not only because his track is my favorite and will always be, but the minifigure looks awesome (yeah, the mask).

Least favorite: Probably King Kahuka. Even though he can dance 'really good', he can't race very well (as in tactics).

Fun to hang out with: Sam Sinister and Alpha Dragonis. I mostly end up racing alongside them, they have fair strength for AI's and, as I said before, their tracks were the ones that I still remembered most from the old days.

Weakest: Either Pharaoh's Mummy or Commander Cold

Pharaoh's Mummy gets a free ride on this, simply because he/she/it has this one quite powerful routine on Imperial Grand Prix. The one that starts with collecting one of the first Red Bricks at the beginning, followed by two or three blue bricks and ends every round with a green brick. Commander Cold, on the other hand, well... he's just kind of there without doing much. Even on his homeworld of Ice Planet, he normally falls behind very quickly.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one who likes captian redbeard the most?

But he doesn't have the sexy charm of Voltage? Or does he...

DO NOT PICTURE THAT.

• 5 weeks later...

DO NOT PICTURE THAT.

with or without the red beard still?

DO NOT PICTURE THAT.

with or without the red beard still?

ARRRR!! Don't make me bomb you land lubbers with me cannon balls!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.