LEGO Racers Opponent Cars

Jimbob

While there have been many attempts at recreating the boss cars from LEGO Racers, I haven't seen any recreations of the standard opponent cars. Not that they're special or anything, but I'm planning on collecting a full LEGO Racers cast, so they'll be a necessity...

So I've built the opponent cars in LDD. You can view screenshots in the spoiler below, I haven't included figures as I doubted they'd have the right decals, and I can't be bothered to make my own when I can work them out e342157.png

First, the Circuit 1 cars:

Next, the Circuit 2 cars:

And the Circuit 3 cars:

Finally, the Circuit 7 cars:

You can also download the LXF files here.

What do you think? I've done my best to make them 100% accurate, but please point out any errors if you find them.

With the exception of the 1x3 inward sloping bricks, I couldn't find them on LDD, so they have been replaced with doors.

That's because the developers cheated and split it up into two pieces in the car builder, when in reality (and LDD) it's a single piece:

http://peeron.com/inv/parts/2399

http://peeron.com/inv/parts/50373

Nice work!

I really like those cars :)

Thank you, it's a shame that four are identical, but they are nice little racers!

With the exception of the 1x3 inward sloping bricks, I couldn't find them on LDD, so they have been replaced with doors.

That's because the developers cheated and split it up into two pieces in the car builder, when in reality (and LDD) it's a single piece:

http://peeron.com/inv/parts/2399

http://peeron.com/inv/parts/50373

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the very informative response :)

I'll see if I can get that piece to work in the design tonight, if not does anyone have suggestions for an alternative? The only other I can think of is this:

*cut*

But including it would mean that the sides are only two plates high.

EDIT: I've finished reconstructing them using the piece jamesster posted, it actually fits in perfectly on all the models. The only wedge that doesn't exist is the green one, and the axles aren't available in all the colours I've used, so I'm not sure what to do about that.

The original post has been updated with screenshots and a download link.

*claps slowly*

Excellent work, my friend. While the boss cars have been recreated time and time again in LEGO Digital Designer and with good ol' plastic bricks in real life, the normal opponents' cars have long been mostly untouched. I don't have any screenshots on this computer for me to compare them side-by-side, but as far as I can recall, these all look pretty darn accurate to me. Bit of a shame that five of the cars use the exact same design, but I enjoy seeing the slight differences in the other cars to match their drivers' respective themes, such as Hotep's scorpion and Black Jack's parrot.

*claps slowly*

Excellent work, my friend. While the boss cars have been recreated time and time again in LEGO Digital Designer and with good ol' plastic bricks in real life, the normal opponents' cars have long been mostly untouched. I don't have any screenshots on this computer for me to compare them side-by-side, but as far as I can recall, these all look pretty darn accurate to me. Bit of a shame that five of the cars use the exact same design, but I enjoy seeing the slight differences in the other cars to match their drivers' respective themes, such as Hotep's scorpion and Black Jack's parrot.

Thank you for the compliments! I agree, it is a shame that they're so similar, but perhaps such a thing can be modded in future...

I'll be buying physical versions of these in the near future (as in, within a month hopefully), so hopefully they'll look just as nice in the flesh. Only problem I'm going to have is what to replace Robin Hood's wedge piece with...

Or I could paint another colour green, but it really doesn't have the same effect.

As I'd really like to buy these models, I've had a quick go at replacing the non-existent wedge in Robin Hood's car with some other parts.

Considering that the rearmost car is the original, which design works best? Or can anyone suggest better ones?

gallery_5738_265_104559.png

Thank you for any help you can give me :)

Thank you for the swift replies! The black wedge piece and the doors were the top contenders for me, too.

But then I'd never thought of dying the brick - if I can find the right shade of green (perhaps it'll involve mixing*) then I might try this first.

Thanks again :)

*Just thought, I could actually buy all the green parts in white and give them the same dye, that way it'd be green but uniform too.

Awesome work. Now I can actually get a good look at the front of the cars. These look to me as typical racing cars for LEGO. I wonder if they ran out of ideas, seeing that five cars share the same design and color.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.