Removed Desert Adventure Dragway shortcut

CaptainGolem

Yup, it looks real.

but still, i didn't saw anything that proves that this is actually a shortcut. who knows? maybe it's a mistake or

maybe they wanted to make the same shortcut lower.

so no, i don't believe this is a different shortcut. YET.

Fluffy Cupcake

but still, i didn't saw anything that proves that this is actually a shortcut. who knows? maybe it's a mistake or

That was my thought exactly. It could of been an alternate of the shortcut design.

Cool find, but hidden bricks don't always mean removed shortcuts - might just be a remnant of an earlier design for the track. Check out these beta screenshots of Desert Adventure Dragway:

legorvsrrpsx_2.jpg

legoralpha2.jpg

legoralpha4.jpg

legorvsrrpsx_3.jpg

As you can see, the track was largely the same, but the design was changed a bit before release.

Also, considering the brick is already in a shortcut... Well, yeah. Not really anything removed here, just perhaps altered.

That was my thought exactly. It could of been an alternate of the shortcut design.

Maybe we should use GDB Viewer to get more information.

Jamesster why is there a motorcycle as the car in the beta test? Did they remove it too?

It looks to be a wagon, not a motorcycle. And yes, it was cut.

• 4 months later...
The Brickster

I don't understand. If we can reach this shortcut, why do you call it removed? If you shoot at the base of the Sphinx, it will open. And you get to the corridor of the main shortcut.

I don't understand. If we can reach this shortcut, why do you call it removed? If you shoot at the base of the Sphinx, it will open. And you get to the corridor of the main shortcut.

...did you even read the thread before posting?

Watch out for The Brickster! He can trick you. But the point is that there is an inaccessible green brick below the current shortcut area. Thus, we can assume that the track used to be different so that brick could be collected.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Cool find, but hidden bricks don't always mean removed shortcuts - might just be a remnant of an earlier design for the track. Check out these beta screenshots of Desert Adventure Dragway:

legorvsrrpsx_2.jpg

Look, this an old design for the actual shortcut, they forgot to remove the green powerup besides the 2 other ones, and the actual shortcut is higher so the green brick is underneath the floor; but is still here in it's initial position.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.