PWB editor V1.2

Huggles

Don't worry, we'll know if there is an update

I was just so proud :(

I know you are, and we are proud with you. I am also proud when I can release something of mine, such as my collection of Alternate LEGO Video Game Installers or LEGO Island Windower, and sometimes I wish I could make a new topic announcing the release, but I have to follow the rules and forum etiquette. So I just edit my topic post, make a new post announcing the release, and sometimes make a status update with the announcement, if I am really proud about it. Be proud that it has been released, no, be happy and energetic! Just remember not to let the joy carry you too far and break some of the forum rules. ;)

So the only thing different with this version is that it can add bricks right?

V1.1 Patch notes:

Implemented function to add Bricks

Implemented function to remove Bricks

Implemented function to randomize all bricks I

mplemented function to change all colored bricks to one color

Implemented function to change all bricks to one color

That looks like a lot more to me than just adding bricks!

Fluffy Cupcake

Hmm, for some reason the change all bricks (or just colored) fuction doesn't update in the editor until I save the file and reopen it. Unlike the randomize function which works just fine.

Hmm, for some reason the change all bricks (or just colored) fuction doesn't update in the editor until I save the file and reopen it. Unlike the randomize function which works just fine.

Fixed! Stupid mistake indeed, didn't test it :< New release in the first post!

Bug report: If you save it with only one white brick on the track (must be white!) it creates nearly 6000 new bricks upon saving.

Not sure what causes this since i use Origamiguy's export library. I'll take a look into this. For the mean time: Just make 2 white bricks in a map and place the other outside the playing area ;)

Fluffy Cupcake

For the mean time: Just make 2 white bricks in a map and place the other outside the playing area ;)
Heheh, what's the point of a single white brick on the track anyway if there is nothing to use it with? Obviously I ran into this while making the brickless tracks. :P

Btw, when I said one white brick, I meant no other colored ones on the track either, just for clairification.

Dang, is it possible that this tool isn't compatible on Windows XP, or requires a good 3D graphics card (not that I know much about graphics cards, despite being a Computing student)?

The application downloaded and installed fine, but upon launching gave me this error:

Microsoft .NET Framework

Unhandled exception has occured in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

Could not find a graphics device that supports the XNA Framework Reach profile.

and under 'Details...':

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NotSupportedException: Could not find a graphics device that supports the XNA Framework Reach profile.

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.ProfileCapabilities.ThrowNotSupportedException(String message)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice..ctor(GraphicsAdapter adapter, GraphicsProfile graphicsProfile, PresentationParameters presentationParameters)

at WindowsFormsApplication1.Form1.CreateGraphicsDevice()

at WindowsFormsApplication1.Form1.onload(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

PWB Editor

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jimbob%20Daniels/Local%20Settings/Apps/2.0/A9X9K5ZK.GT1/HL0A037V.7RT/pwbe..tion_16c5d7531c6a212f_0001.0002_6f8823274c522ae8/PWB%20Editor.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics

Win32 Version: 4.0.20823.0 built by: xnabldr

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.dll

Microsoft.Xna.Framework

Win32 Version: 4.0.20823.0 built by: xnabldr

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

While I do have a good Windows 7 computer (the one I've listed for my System Specs), I prefer to mod on my old Windows XP laptop as it can play all the good old games perfectly.

Question....

I've finished making a mod that will only allow green and white bricks on the tracks. It all works great, except one thing. When I try to start a race in Desert Adventure Dragway, the game crashes and displays the error, "POWERUP.PWB -- Expected left bracket"

I have no idea what this means. Help?

Fluffy Cupcake

When I try to start a race in Desert Adventure Dragway, the game crashes and displays the error, "POWERUP.PWB -- Expected left bracket"

I have no idea what this means. Help?

I think it is looking for a certain brick type possibly (not fully sure). I came across that error on this track while making it brickless. For myself when making brickless I just solved it by removing (leaving the first 10) most of the bricks, and moved the remaining out of sight. So uh, yeah, either it is looking for a specific color probably or some brick # has to be a certain color, I have no actual idea. Just play around a bit until you find the problem.

No that sounds like the file is incomplete, possibly a write error. The file formats used contain brackets, e.g (this is just to give you an idea of what I am talking about)

Coloured Bricks

{

brick1

brick2

brick3

}

White Bricks

{

brick1

brick2

brick3

}

• Like 1

Dang, is it possible that this tool isn't compatible on Windows XP, or requires a good 3D graphics card (not that I know much about graphics cards, despite being a Computing student)?

This is possible yes. When running on an old rig (say 10 years old (which is possible when I see you mention XP)) chances are that your video card is not supported anymore! I suggest you running the tool on your windows 7 machine (If you havn't already) and see whether it does work there.

Another possibility is to run a virtual machine on your win7 PC. This simulates windows XP. Not every VMware (as its called) provides you with a decent virtual video card, so im not sure if that works, but atleast you'll retain your windows XP modding area (but you are actually on your windows 7 pc!)

I've finished making a mod that will only allow green and white bricks on the tracks. It all works great, except one thing. When I try to start a race in Desert Adventure Dragway, the game crashes and displays the error, "POWERUP.PWB -- Expected left bracket"

I'll send huggles my latest PWB code and this should get fixed straight away.

I don't know about this error since I didn't mod that race and i didn't make the saving code. As it seems, origamiguy has fixed this in his latest release. As soon as i receive this I'll fix it!

JrMasterModelBuilder

This is possible yes. When running on an old rig (say 10 years old (which is possible when I see you mention XP)) chances are that your video card is not supported anymore! I suggest you running the tool on your windows 7 machine (If you havn't already) and see whether it does work there.

Another possibility is to run a virtual machine on your win7 PC. This simulates windows XP. Not every VMware (as its called) provides you with a decent virtual video card, so im not sure if that works, but atleast you'll retain your windows XP modding area (but you are actually on your windows 7 pc!)

VMware is a brand or virtualization software actually. I've never used VMware software specifically, but virtualizing 3D accelerated software doesn't work very well if at all in my experience.

VMware is a brand or virtualization software actually. I've never used VMware software specifically, but virtualizing 3D accelerated software doesn't work very well if at all in my experience.

Thank you, I've installed it on my Windows 7 and it works fine.

Great tool, please continue to update it! I'd particularly like the test track GDB to be viewable ;)

Great tool, please continue to update it! I'd particularly like the test track GDB to be viewable

This works fine on my machine..

Great tool, please continue to update it! I'd particularly like the test track GDB to be viewable

This works fine on my machine..

Really? I'll have another look, sorry.

Don't bother installing it.

1. Extract the rar.

2. Go to the extracted "Application FilesPWB Editor_1_2_0_1"

3. Copy/Move "PWB Editor.exe.deploy" and the "core_models" folder to a new folder.

4. Remove the ".deploy" from the file names.

5. Try running the exe

You can delete the other files as they won't be needed.

EDIT: Here's a ready made no-install version

Edited by Slimy Slug
Fixed link

EDIT: Here's a ready made no-install version

You will still need the .NET and XNA framework

True, but I usually prefer not having to install a modding tool.

Plus it's handy in case people have problems getting the tool to install.

True, but I usually prefer not having to install a modding tool. Plus it's handy in case people have problems getting the tool to install.

I second this. When I have just a standalone EXE, I can put it on my flash drive and mod on the go and on PCs that aren't mine. IDK if Will's old GDB Viewer needs the .NET and XNA framework, but if it did, I never needed to install the stuff. Just run the EXE, and I'm off! Perhaps he can help in this subject.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.