"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" Video Game Announced

lol username

lol username

We all saw this coming. You already know what this game is going to be like and what platforms it's going to be released for, just by hearing the title. There's really no need for me to give any more information. It's a TT LEGO game, this time Marvel themed. We all know exactly what to expect. I could stop writing here. I could get up and do other things. But I doubt that would count as a proper news report. So, here's the press release from the official website, as if we actually need to read it:

Marvel Super Heroes are assembling for an action-packed, brick-smashing good time! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games, The LEGO Group and Marvel Entertainment announced today that LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes will be available beginning Fall 2013 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii U™ system and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS™ handheld system, Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is the first instalment in the highly successful LEGO videogame franchise to feature famous Marvel characters.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes complements the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes construction toy collection, which brings the characters, vehicles and action of Marvel’s renowned universe to the world of LEGO build-and-play adventure. There are currently eight iconic scenes from the X-Men, Iron Man and Spider-Man franchises available and more construction sets tied to the new Iron Man 3 feature film will launch later this spring.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes offers an original storyline in which Nick Fury calls upon Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and other heroes spanning the Marvel Universe to save Earth from such threats as the vengeance of Loki and the hunger of Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds. LEGO and Marvel fans will enjoy classic LEGO videogame adventure and humor, while playing as their favorite Marvel characters.

“We’re very excited to bring a myriad of classic Marvel characters to life in LEGO form for some fun, family-friendly gameplay in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes,†said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games Publishing. “Players will brave the ultimate mission to save the world as they explore famous landmarks in LEGO New York and take the adventure beyond Earth to iconic locations in the Marvel Universe.â€

“Fans of both LEGO and Marvel have wanted this game for years, and we’re addressing that demand with more Marvel Universe characters than ever in a console game,†said TQ Jefferson, Vice President, Games Production, Marvel Entertainment. “If you’re a fan of Spider-Man, the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy or scores of other Marvel characters, this is the game for you.â€

In LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, players will unlock more than 100 characters from across the Marvel Universe, including fan favorites like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Deadpool, Loki and Galactus! The game will pack in a plethora of super-cool character abilities, combat-like action sequences, epic battle scenes, puzzle-solving and a unique story told with playful LEGO humor.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

Update: Game Informer has a more in depth preview on this Marvel game as well as LEGO City: Undercover coming up in their February issue. They've also released a cool little video showing how TT creates these games:

Sources: Official Website
Game Informer

save Earth from such threats as... ...the hunger of Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds.

Something tells me TT didn't do their research. Galactus only attacked earth once in each universe (twice in the Marvel vs Capcom alternate universe, if events otherwise unfolded in the same way as the main universe).

Either that or they're being sneaky and creating yet another Marvel alternate universe, one entirely made of LEGO components, and this is Galactus's first time attacking the earth in that universe.

Other than that, I don't really have much to say about it. It's another TT LEGO game. We've seen this game format a lot already.

lol username

Either that or they're being sneaky and creating yet another Marvel alternate universe, one entirely made of LEGO components, and this is Galactus's first time attacking the earth in that universe.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes offers an original storyline...

It's a TT LEGO game

Boooooring. It's time for LEGO to mix things up (the online ones don't count). I want to play an entirely new game.

Boooooring. It's time for LEGO to mix things up (the online ones don't count). I want to play an entirely new game.

I agree. It's about time for a new LEGO Racers or something.

These TT games remind me of the whole issue with both classic Megaman and Call of Duty. New maps, new weapons, new characters, same game.

• Like 2

I agree. It's about time for a new LEGO Racers or something.

Heavily edited quote of mine:

...Even if they created a brand new LEGO Racers (which they were going to do in 2009 before it was scrapped. I blame TT for refusing to do any non-licensed games)...[1]

Sources: [1] jamesster

How many more games will they make with the same mechanics? They might as well make "LEGO Game Engine" then release expansion packs for every theme they do.

But seriously, they probably re-use it because of how profitable it is. TT already has designed their development tools (you can see some in the video), all the really need to do is new asset development. It means they can pump out a bunch of games every year on every platform (Except Undercover because people actually want that one).

The old way, they contacted different developers to make different games, which probably cost them more money... however the result was that each and every game was unique, being developed my different teams.

• Like 2

So, as a fanbase, we want something other than yet another LEGO Star Wars reskin, but at the same time we don't want anything based on the old games if their original developers weren't involved... That's like saying we want our cake and we want to eat it too. Things don't work that way, and this is why there isn't any originality in the recent LEGO games.

save Earth from such threats as... ...the hunger of Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds.

Something tells me TT didn't do their research. Galactus only attacked earth once in each universe (twice in the Marvel vs Capcom alternate universe, if events otherwise unfolded in the same way as the main universe).

Other than that, I don't really have much to say about it. It's another TT LEGO game. We've seen this game format a lot already.

I believe Phoenyx has earned the "Nerdiest Nerd in the History of Nerds" award. At least for this website. He has us all beat by a LONG shot.

Also: Another TT LEGO game. Meh. Tell me when they do a LEGO TMNT game where they make a nod to Turtles in Time and lets you throw enemies at the screen. Then I'll be satisfied.

I believe Phoenyx has earned the "Nerdiest Nerd in the History of Nerds" award. At least for this website. He has us all beat by a LONG shot.

I prefer the term geek, since a geek gets things done and a nerd doesn't. :tf:

I like the game. I like all the TT LEGO games. I think they are all very creative and fun stories with lots of hidden stuff to enjoy.

And just because they use the same engine doesn't mean there isn't new stuff about it. You guys who haven't played the new games look at it as a LEGO Star Wars reskin. It's far from that. They add completely new features into each and every game. You really think they could make LEGO Lord of the Rings on the same exact engine they made LEGO Star Wars on? Are you really that ignorant? Yes all the TT LEGO games look the same but are you really complaining about that? Tell me, please tell me you masters of LEGO. Tell me exactly what you don't like about the games? Is it the minifigs? They could always change them to real looking people. Is it the LEGO world? They could always make it look more realistic and less cartoon looking. Oh hey you know what I just realized about those ideas? It's no longer freaking LEGO! If you guys are going to complain about the TT LEGO games the why don't you provide some actual criticism. If you want LEGO to make their own original game then that's fine. Go sign a petition and send it to them. But you know what you're going to say when you see the games you always loved player in modern graphics? "This looks just like a TT game."

Just because every new LEGO game is made by TT doesn't mean it's just a bad reskin. Just because every new LEGO games theme is something that's popular doesn't mean it's going to be terrible. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to voice your opinion about it as if it were an inarguable fact.

I think they are all very creative and fun stories with lots of hidden stuff to enjoy.

Yes they are.

And just because they use the same engine doesn't mean there isn't new stuff about it.

You really think they could make LEGO Lord of the Rings on the same exact engine they made LEGO Star Wars on?

This is self-contradictory.

You guys who haven't played the new games look at it as a LEGO Star Wars reskin. It's far from that. They add completely new features into each and every game.

I have played the new games. It's the same gameplay with a new skin and some new tweaks or features. Fun, yes, but we've been doing the same thing for twelve games over eight years. It's too much of a good thing, and no new feature or movie license can change that. LEGO City: Undercover is finally breaking out of the mold with a non-licensed theme, totally open world gameplay, and heavy focus on sidequests and vehicles, but it's exclusive to Wii U, which a lot of people are skeptical about.

Are you really that ignorant?

Are you?

Yes all the TT LEGO games look the same but are you really complaining about that?

I'm complaining about them looking, feeling, and playing the same over nearly a decade of games.

Tell me, please tell me you masters of LEGO. Tell me exactly what you don't like about the games?

As said, I don't dislike the games, I dislike the unoriginality. It's high-budget shovelware at this point.

Is it the minifigs? They could always change them to real looking people. Is it the LEGO world? They could always make it look more realistic and less cartoon looking. Oh hey you know what I just realized about those ideas? It's no longer freaking LEGO! If you guys are going to complain about the TT LEGO games the why don't you provide some actual criticism. If you want LEGO to make their own original game then that's fine. Go sign a petition and send it to them. But you know what you're going to say when you see the games you always loved player in modern graphics? "This looks just like a TT game."

And here's the part where you go off on some entirely scrambled tangent that has no basis or relevance to the already nonsensical and self-contradictory rant.

Just because every new LEGO game is made by TT doesn't mean it's just a bad reskin.

Nope, not a bad reskin. Just a reskin.

Just because every new LEGO games theme is something that's popular doesn't mean it's going to be terrible.

Again, nobody is claiming the games are terrible or even bad. They're simply recycled and unoriginal.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to voice your opinion about it as if it were an inarguable fact.

Where was anybody doing this?

And just because they use the same engine doesn't mean there isn't new stuff about it.

You really think they could make LEGO Lord of the Rings on the same exact engine they made LEGO Star Wars on?

This is self-contradictory.

Yes all the TT LEGO games look the same but are you really complaining about that?

I'm complaining about them looking, feeling, and playing the same over nearly a decade of games.

Tell me, please tell me you masters of LEGO. Tell me exactly what you don't like about the games?

As said, I don't dislike the games, I dislike the unoriginality. It's high-budget shovelware at this point.

Just because every new LEGO games theme is something that's popular doesn't mean it's going to be terrible.

Again, nobody is claiming the games are terrible or even bad. They're simply recycled and unoriginal.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to voice your opinion about it as if it were an inarguable fact.

Where was anybody doing this?

The first statement is not self-contradictory. I meant do you think they could make LEGO Lord of the Rings on the same exact Engine version they used to make LEGO Star Wars. Of course not.

They're LEGO. You are complaining about the electronic LEGO games made by TT feeling exactly the same as all previous LEGO games they have made. The only reason people don't have that same exact feeling when playing with real LEGOs is because it's hands on. You really have no argument here.

Okay so lets take a took at something original LEGO has made in recent years. A lot of people on RRU dislike Ninjago. Why's that? It's original isn't it? You people always complain about LEGO's new stuff and their licenses and say they are unoriginal. You know what else is unoriginal? Everything you guys like about LEGO that you want them to bring back from the dead. You guys have no idea how self-contradicting that is.

Lair claims the games are terrible all the time.

Once again we have to point to Lair.

The first statement is not self-contradictory. I meant do you think they could make LEGO Lord of the Rings on the same exact Engine version they used to make LEGO Star Wars. Of course not.

Ignoring the lack of clarity on your part, you're still stating that making a game bigger or adding more features via progress in technology somehow excuses recycling the same basic gameplay for eight years with no alteration.

They're LEGO. You are complaining about the electronic LEGO games made by TT feeling exactly the same as all previous LEGO games they have made. The only reason people don't have that same exact feeling when playing with real LEGOs is because it's hands on. You really have no argument here.

You seem to be attempting to compare real life LEGO, a system of play and construction that's incredibly open-ended, with a series of video games that have been stuck in the same gameplay rut for eight years, as if the two are somehow related in basic theory and concept.

Okay so lets take a took at something original LEGO has made in recent years. A lot of people on RRU dislike Ninjago. Why's that? It's original isn't it? You people always complain about LEGO's new stuff and their licenses and say they are unoriginal. You know what else is unoriginal? Everything you guys like about LEGO that you want them to bring back from the dead. You guys have no idea how self-contradicting that is.

Again, you're going off on some tangent, this time about LEGO themes, in a discussion about a lack of variety in gameplay over such an extended period of time. Though it is off-topic, I'd like to point out that here you're implying that a theme being original should automatically make it appealing to everybody here. Ninjago is essentially a fusion of everything young boys love: Ninja, skeletons, big vehicles, collectible trading cards, action games, TV shows, etc. It's been a massive success with its target audience, but most of RRU simply doesn't fall into that demographic. Personally, I'm indifferent on Ninjago - I don't dislike it, but it's simply not my cup of tea. Thankfully, LEGO is always trying new themes and concepts, spread out across a wide range of age groups and styles, so there's always something for everyone.

Lair claims the games are terrible all the time.

Once again we have to point to Lair.

He isn't even in this conversation yet, and from when we've talked about this I've gotten the impression he also agrees that the games are fun, but milked to death.

Recycling the exact same gameplay style is terrible, though. It's gotten better recently, but it was getting bland for a while there.

And yet, from the gameplay I've seen, they have. It's not exactly the same (it hasn't been ever since they made BIONCILE Heroes on a heavily modified version) but it's still the same sort of engine, same sort of gameplay, same sort of feel. Upgraded, but the same at heart.

They're LEGO. You are complaining about the electronic LEGO games made by TT feeling exactly the same as all previous LEGO games they have made.
Because they do.

The only reason people don't have that same exact feeling when playing with real LEGOs is because it's hands on. You really have no argument here.
Uh, yeah we do? Physical LEGO products have nothing to do with TT LEGO games.

A lot of people on RRU dislike Ninjago. Why's that? It's original isn't it?
No. It's a giant melting pot of what Jamesster said in his above post. Plus, something being original doesn't mean it's good.

You people always complain about LEGO's new stuff and their licenses and say they are unoriginal.
I don't, and I know not everyone else here does either. Most of the complaining is about licensed themes, with negative comments on other themes being mostly about weird choices in story and cheesy set design.

You know what else is unoriginal? Everything you guys like about LEGO that you want them to bring back from the dead.
How, exactly? I would very much like to know.

Lair claims the games are terrible all the time. Once again we have to point to Lair.
Firstly, I can claim my opinion as whatever I want. Second, I never made any such claim. I think they're terrible for recycling the gameplay, that doesn't mean the game can't be fun:

from when we've talked about this I've gotten the impression he also agrees that the games are fun, but milked to death.
I do have a lot of negativity to say, but if I hated them so much then why would I own most of the LEGO games they have made?

How did I even get randomly inserted into this discussion anyway?

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.