LEGO News TT Games Marvel OF COURSE

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

jamesster

jamesster

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts

We all saw this coming. You already know what this game is going to be like and what platforms it's going to be released for, just by hearing the title. There's really no need for me to give any more information. It's a TT LEGO game, this time Marvel themed. We all know exactly what to expect. I could stop writing here. I could get up and do other things. But I doubt that would count as a proper news report. So, here's the press release from the official website, as if we actually need to read it:

Marvel Super Heroes are assembling for an action-packed, brick-smashing good time! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games, The LEGO Group and Marvel Entertainment announced today that LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes will be available beginning Fall 2013 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii U™ system and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS™ handheld system, Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is the first instalment in the highly successful LEGO videogame franchise to feature famous Marvel characters.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes complements the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes construction toy collection, which brings the characters, vehicles and action of Marvel’s renowned universe to the world of LEGO build-and-play adventure. There are currently eight iconic scenes from the X-Men, Iron Man and Spider-Man franchises available and more construction sets tied to the new Iron Man 3 feature film will launch later this spring.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes offers an original storyline in which Nick Fury calls upon Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and other heroes spanning the Marvel Universe to save Earth from such threats as the vengeance of Loki and the hunger of Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds. LEGO and Marvel fans will enjoy classic LEGO videogame adventure and humor, while playing as their favorite Marvel characters.

“We’re very excited to bring a myriad of classic Marvel characters to life in LEGO form for some fun, family-friendly gameplay in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games Publishing. “Players will brave the ultimate mission to save the world as they explore famous landmarks in LEGO New York and take the adventure beyond Earth to iconic locations in the Marvel Universe.”

“Fans of both LEGO and Marvel have wanted this game for years, and we’re addressing that demand with more Marvel Universe characters than ever in a console game,” said TQ Jefferson, Vice President, Games Production, Marvel Entertainment. “If you’re a fan of Spider-Man, the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy or scores of other Marvel characters, this is the game for you.”

In LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, players will unlock more than 100 characters from across the Marvel Universe, including fan favorites like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Deadpool, Loki and Galactus! The game will pack in a plethora of super-cool character abilities, combat-like action sequences, epic battle scenes, puzzle-solving and a unique story told with playful LEGO humor.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

Update: Game Informer has a more in depth preview on this Marvel game as well as LEGO City: Undercover coming up in their February issue. They've also released a cool little video showing how TT creates these games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8c-9pM7VPA

Sources: Official Website
Game Informer

Phoenyx

save Earth from such threats as... ...the hunger of Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds.

Something tells me TT didn't do their research. Galactus only attacked earth once in each universe (twice in the Marvel vs Capcom alternate universe, if events otherwise unfolded in the same way as the main universe).

Either that or they're being sneaky and creating yet another Marvel alternate universe, one entirely made of LEGO components, and this is Galactus's first time attacking the earth in that universe.

Other than that, I don't really have much to say about it. It's another TT LEGO game. We've seen this game format a lot already.

jamesster

jamesster

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts

Either that or they're being sneaky and creating yet another Marvel alternate universe, one entirely made of LEGO components, and this is Galactus's first time attacking the earth in that universe.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes offers an original storyline...

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts

It's a TT LEGO game

Boooooring. It's time for LEGO to mix things up (the online ones don't count). I want to play an entirely new game.

Phoenyx

Boooooring. It's time for LEGO to mix things up (the online ones don't count). I want to play an entirely new game.

I agree. It's about time for a new LEGO Racers or something.

These TT games remind me of the whole issue with both classic Megaman and Call of Duty. New maps, new weapons, new characters, same game.
  • Rock Raider fan no.1 and Alcom1 thanked this

le717

I agree. It's about time for a new LEGO Racers or something.

Heavily edited quote of mine:

...Even if they created a brand new LEGO Racers (which they were going to do in 2009 before it was scrapped. I blame TT for refusing to do any non-licensed games)...[1]

[source][1] jamesster[/source]

Lair

Lair

Elite Member

• Crystal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
I bet it will play exactly like LEGO Star Wars, once again.

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts
How many more games will they make with the same mechanics? They might as well make "LEGO Game Engine" then release expansion packs for every theme they do.

But seriously, they probably re-use it because of how profitable it is. TT already has designed their development tools (you can see some in the video), all the really need to do is new asset development. It means they can pump out a bunch of games every year on every platform (Except Undercover because people actually want that one).

The old way, they contacted different developers to make different games, which probably cost them more money... however the result was that each and every game was unique, being developed my different teams.
  • Lair and Alcom1 thanked this

Car CrazeXVI

(I have removed my opinion because I'm the only one that likes it.)

Phoenyx

So, as a fanbase, we want something other than yet another LEGO Star Wars reskin, but at the same time we don't want anything based on the old games if their original developers weren't involved... That's like saying we want our cake and we want to eat it too. Things don't work that way, and this is why there isn't any originality in the recent LEGO games.

Car CrazeXVI

Let's just forget I made that stupid post, okay?

McStudz

save Earth from such threats as... ...the hunger of Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds.

Something tells me TT didn't do their research. Galactus only attacked earth once in each universe (twice in the Marvel vs Capcom alternate universe, if events otherwise unfolded in the same way as the main universe).

Other than that, I don't really have much to say about it. It's another TT LEGO game. We've seen this game format a lot already.

I believe Phoenyx has earned the "Nerdiest Nerd in the History of Nerds" award. At least for this website. He has us all beat by a LONG shot.

Also: Another TT LEGO game. Meh. Tell me when they do a LEGO TMNT game where they make a nod to Turtles in Time and lets you throw enemies at the screen. Then I'll be satisfied.

Lair

Lair

Elite Member

• Crystal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts

a LEGO TMNT game

no no no no no no no no no no no
no

no
  • jamesster thanked this

Cyrem

Cyrem

Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts

LEGO TMNT game

They wouldn't dare...
  • Lair and jamesster thanked this

Phoenyx

I believe Phoenyx has earned the "Nerdiest Nerd in the History of Nerds" award. At least for this website. He has us all beat by a LONG shot.

I prefer the term geek, since a geek gets things done and a nerd doesn't. :tf:
  • McStudz thanked this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LEGO News, TT Games, Marvel, OF COURSE