Rock Racers Overhaul (WIP)

Jimbob

In this track are some images from my own LDD designs

LDD stinks for stuff like this, mainly because of very stiff and fail minifig. Use something better (and not the LDraw fig either). Download a true 3D minifig, pose it, and use that instead. My brother rioforce has published a few (just his early ones, he has better ones now), and has a whole site teaching the beginnings of Blender 2.6, and there are plenty elsewhere on the web. If you don't want to model stuff, use the Blender 2.6 LDraw script linked on here. Of course, if you want to use LDD, fine by me too. ;)

I need to download this pack now. It looks really cool, and perhaps I'll learn more about LRR in the process. :)

Thanks, although I'm not sure it's all that good for teaching stuff ;)

I've downloaded Blender recently but was just blown back by the UI. I like things... simple. But, if it can produce better models, I'll have another look at it (thanks for the links!). I've been using LDD for it's speed and simplicity.

This looks really great. You are really good at texture modding.

Thank you! Although most of it is just transferred and slightly modified from Rock Raiders, or else has some slight colour modification.

• 3 weeks later...

I just feel obliged to say that work on this hasn't halted, but as I said in my original post has just been taking a while due to college work.

An update is imminent, Creator has been doing some great work on this mod for me and I've got some textures ready, it just needs patching up a little.

So, yeah...

• 2 weeks later...

Rock Raiders V1.03 is out! An update list and download link can be found in the original post. This mod adds new opponents and tracks (although one track isn't finished), and various other fixes.

I'd like to thank Creator again (I cannot do it enough) for his brilliant help in this mod.

• 2 weeks later...

A little while back a tried to edit the fonts to use Rock Raiders' fonts instead, but unfortunately I get the 'missing font' error. Here's the file I've edited: FONT_THS.

All I did was copy in fonts from the Rock Raiders' font BMP, into the FONT_THS file, over the respective letters. The only solution I can think of is make the letters no wider than the originals, i.e. each letter is a particular size.

If anyone can help me sort this out, that would be great :)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have an actual game update to report, I'm just posting to say that the download link has been updated to the latest PatchIt!. Something I've been meaning to do for a while.

And, like I said earlier, I haven't dropped this project - I just have other things I've prioritised for the moment.

I'm still stuck on the previous post's issues by the way, if anyone can help ;)

• 4 weeks later...

A little while back a tried to edit the fonts to use Rock Raiders' fonts instead, but unfortunately I get the 'missing font' error. Here's the file I've edited: FONT_THS.

All I did was copy in fonts from the Rock Raiders' font BMP, into the FONT_THS file, over the respective letters. The only solution I can think of is make the letters no wider than the originals, i.e. each letter is a particular size.

If anyone can help me sort this out, that would be great :)

Off the top of my head, I'd say the missing & on the right might be doing that. Also try updating FONTMENU. Otherwise, I don't have an idea ATM.

• 2 months later...
ChromeLuigi

it keeps on saying bubble.bmp not found whenever I try and load a race. If you can help me, it would much be appreciated

av-838.gif?_r=1230155349Go Luigi!!!!!!!

sorry its bubble1.bmp

There is an Edit button right under your post so you don't have to double-post!

Write the .bmp in capital letters (.BMP), then LR will be able to read it!

Looks good, I like it. Just wondering what those two white bricks on the grass near the beginning of Royal Knight's Raceway are good for...

I thought the player may be able to prey on them, but if you think they're unnecessary I'll happily remove them e342154.pngThat's a point, I forgot to ask - El Scorcho, please could you send me Sparks' face texture?

If it's not too late, I have face textures for Sparks and Axel.

Thank you very much for helping me. But how do I change it to capitals

What OS are you running?

Try this:

Rock Racers V1.0.3.1

Update Log:

• Fixed files to have proper uppercase extension [le717]
  • Updated to support PatchIt! Version 1.1.1 Stable [le717]

This should fix your errors, ChromeLuigi. You'll need PatchIt! Version 1.1.1 to install it, unless you extract it manually. See my sig for a link. :)

Looks good, I like it. Just wondering what those two white bricks on the grass near the beginning of Royal Knight's Raceway are good for...

I thought the player may be able to prey on them, but if you think they're unnecessary I'll happily remove them e342154.pngThat's a point, I forgot to ask - El Scorcho, please could you send me Sparks' face texture?

If it's not too late, I have face textures for Sparks and Axel.

I haven't worked on this for a little while, but that doesn't mean I've quit it at all :) Yes, if you have those textures I would love to use them. And if you ever feel like making more, please let me know.

Rock Racers V1.0.3.1

Update Log:

• Fixed files to have proper uppercase extension [le717]
  • Updated to support PatchIt! Version 1.1.1 Stable [le717]

This should fix your errors, ChromeLuigi. You'll need PatchIt! Version 1.1.1 to install it, unless you extract it manually. See my sig for a link. :)

Thanks for that, I'll add it to the first post.

It looks like that V1.0.3.1 link is broken, I get a 404 error when I click on it.  Great job though, what I can see from the pictures just makes me want to play that mod even more.

It looks like that V1.0.3.1 link is broken, I get a 404 error when I click on it. Great job though, what I can see from the pictures just makes me want to play that mod even more.

Whoops. Sorry about that. I broke the link so I could host previous versions of the mod, and Jimbob hasn't updated yet. Here you go. :)

http://le717.github.io/ShareIt/Texture/Rock%20Racers/Rock_Racers_1.0.3.1.zip
  • Like 1

Thank you sir.  I just installed and beat LR1 in one sitting today, time to turn it into a modded game :D

Great to hear you'll be testing this out! I really ought to start work on this mod again, and try to get at least one whole circuit completed rather than the odd track here-and-there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.